reading sleepyhead graph

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
movingon

reading sleepyhead graph

Post by movingon » Thu May 14, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi All,
It has been a looong time since my last post, mainly because things have been going so well. I did get a lot of really great help when I was new to this CPAP thing and had a bunch of questions.
Lately I was waking up with super dry mouth, puffs of air were leaking from my mouth, and my ahi was getting worse. By the by I've lost about 25 lbs in the last couple of months. I got a chin strap, and have been playing with the apap pressure settings. My question is this: what do the red and green graph lines signify on the sleepyhead charts ie. the two lines on the pressure,leak rate, and time at pressure? I'm trying to figure out what the two lines are referencing so that I can make a better informed interpretation of the charts. In case anyone is thinking of getting a chin strap DON'T get the kind that has a slit to fit your ears through, that becomes annoying at night real quick!
Thanks in advance for you help

Additional Comments: SleepyHead Oscar chin strap

wm_hess

Re: reading sleepyhead graph

Post by wm_hess » Thu May 14, 2020 10:50 pm

movingon wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:31 pm
Hi All,
It has been a looong time since my last post, mainly because things have been going so well. I did get a lot of really great help when I was new to this CPAP thing and had a bunch of questions.
Lately I was waking up with super dry mouth, puffs of air were leaking from my mouth, and my ahi was getting worse. By the by I've lost about 25 lbs in the last couple of months. I got a chin strap, and have been playing with the apap pressure settings. My question is this: what do the red and green graph lines signify on the sleepyhead charts ie. the two lines on the pressure,leak rate, and time at pressure? I'm trying to figure out what the two lines are referencing so that I can make a better informed interpretation of the charts. In case anyone is thinking of getting a chin strap DON'T get the kind that has a slit to fit your ears through, that becomes annoying at night real quick!
Thanks in advance for you help
Hi If I'm understanding you correctly, look to the upper right of your pressure graph. On my Oscar, I'm seeing EPAP is a green line, and Pressure is a red line. The other graphs also have an explanation in the upper right

-Bill

movingon

Post by movingon » Fri May 15, 2020 10:50 am

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info.
I'm wondering if loading "oscar" on my computer will cause any confusion for my computer since I already have sleepy head installed. Sleepy head is really informative and I have been using it for the last 4 years ( it was also the only thing worthwhile available), but if oscar is a new and improved sleep aid I'm all for it! I have no problem uninstalling sleepy head if necessary, but I would hate to lose all the info that it has on my sleep settings and past performance. Any one who is computer literate please feel free to chime in!
Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 15, 2020 11:55 am

You don't have to remove SleepyHead to use OSCAR. I have 2 versions of SleepyHead on my computer and still use OSCAR or both or all if I want to.
OSCAR will load a bit faster but you won't see much difference in the overall appearance of anything since OSCAR is based off of SleepyHead anyway.

Your choice...but you don't have to remove anything to use OSCAR.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

movingon

Post by movingon » Fri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm

Thanks all,
Especially you Pugsy! I decided to read on your excellent help page about oscar. I'm not one to load just any program onto my computer. Oscar went on fine and with more reading I found that I didn't really have to make a decision about what to do with sleepyhead. I migrated the sleepyhead data into oscar...piece of cake. Now back to trying to dial in my new normal on my machine...
You and Bill have really cute dogs!