N30i cleaning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
joshdog

N30i cleaning

Post by joshdog » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:32 am

My N30i came sealed in the ResMed bag. There were no instructions with it. I used it for about a week, just wiping the cushion off each day. I figured out how to disassemble it and cleaned it. The frames with their accordion design are very hard to get the water droplets out of. I ended up using a vacuum to suck the droplets and moisture out. WHAT A PAIN, but works. But the N30i is the most comfortable mask I have tried, I have tried many different masks!
Has anyone found a good way to clean and dry the N30i?

Also I just found a post several members posted about setting the CPAP machines for pillows. THANKS MUCH maybe that will help me, since I don't think I am getting enough air.

Joshdog

realshelby

Re: N30i cleaning

Post by realshelby » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:09 am

I don't think setting the machine for "pillows" will net any change. But it might make you think it does, and if you feel better it works!

I clean the pillows externally every day. Sometimes, maybe weekly, I remove the pillows from the headgear and wash it thoroughly in hot water and soap. I have washed the headgear a couple times in several months.......

Yes, water gets in there. Shake it out best you can. Then I usually mount all the parts back together and put it all back on the hose. My 10 Autoset will push a lot of air through the assembly by turning on "MASK FIT" for a moment. Then it automatically runs at low pressure for a bit ( cool down for the humidifier I think ). That has yet to leave enough water in there to tell by the time I put it on that evening.

I could take it out to the shop and blow high pressure air through it, or maybe use a hair dryer on low heat....but a wee bit of moisture isn't a problem. It will have moisture in it from breathing anyway.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)