BamaGramma's Therapy Thread (Was Can someone explain all this and make suggestions?)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: BamaGramma's Therapy Thread (Was Can someone explain all this and make suggestions?)

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 am

I fell asleep on the couch last night myself. :lol: Crap happens.

Just a hunch about the 7:30 and after cluster of stuff. Hunch coming from experience and your history of trouble sleeping.
If we omit that section of time the AHI will change quite a bit for the better. Wouldn't be quite so ugly.
Remember awake/half awake flagged stuff doesn't count in the asleep evaluations.

If you can handle it let's try 7 minimum tonight and maybe be prepared to try it longer than one night.
You are getting very close to some optimal settings.
I think that you are still likely having quite a bit of SWJ clouding the picture.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BamaGramma

Re: BamaGramma's Therapy Thread (Was Can someone explain all this and make suggestions?)

Post by BamaGramma » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Will bump it to 7 tonight and see how that works.

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:52 am

6 hours and 17 minutes at pressure of 7 and an AHI of 4.92. I slept better than I have in a while. Thank dog!
Attachments
August 18.PNG
August 18.PNG (77.63 KiB) Viewed 769 times

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:56 am

Getting there. Gradually improving both in the numbers and your sleep quality. Win-win.
Couple more nights at 7 then if the obstructive AHI is pretty much unchanged....add another 0.5 cm to the minimum.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Couple more nights at 7 then if the obstructive AHI is pretty much unchanged....add another 0.5 cm to the minimum.
10-4 Chief.

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 am

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've been busy with getting ready for the rescue cat I've adopted.

I'm still at 7.0 and I won't post my charts because two nights ago I woke up too early and just sat up in bed with the machine on, reading the news on my iPad to get over the 4 hour mark. And last night I had RLS breakthrough and the twitchy legs kept me up and wouldn't calm down. I was too woozy to risk getting in the tub. I got about 3 hours last night and I'll put the mask on and watch TV or nap and get that 4th hour. Tomorrow, if I get 4+ hours I'll have 21 days in the 30 day period that ends on August 30.

I think I'll bump it to 7.5 tonight.

I have a question though. How will I know when the pressure is right?

Here's the fur-baby whose name is being changed slightly from Sariel to Ariel (it means lion of God) and that's a fitting name for an 18 month old cat who raised 8 kittens, 2 of which were not even hers.
Attachments
ariel.jpg
ariel.jpg (128.6 KiB) Viewed 728 times

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:01 am

She's beautiful.
We have another addition here as well....some one dumped a kitten...looks to be about 8 weeks or so. Tiny but with a big voice.
Long hair gray sort of tabby. Sweetie, not feral...someone had loved on him for a while because he loves to get in your lap and purrs immediately.
Oh well....another member to our zoo out here. He will of course be fed and taken care of and all that.
If I keep this up I may well end up being the crazy old cat lady down the road. :lol:
God took one of my older feral strays a month or so ago....so I guess he decided to replace Walter (who was a grumpy old cat who never would let me pet him until he got real sick) with this little baby who loves to be loved on.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 am

BamaGramma wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 am

I think I'll bump it to 7.5 tonight.

I have a question though. How will I know when the pressure is right?
we'll tell you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, you'll know when you have it right. your ahi will lower. you will feel better.

simple as that.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 pm

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I had the second Shingrix vaccination this week and hoo boy did it ever knock me off my feet! I ran a 101 fever for two days and had chills so bad I was dressed in sweat pants, t-shirt and fleece bed jacket and huddled under a sheet, light blanket and lightweight quilt with a pair of fuzzy socks on my feet. And it was 90* outside! I ached all over and did nothing much besides sleep, drink sweet tea and visit the bathroom for 3 days. And there was absolutely no way I was messing with the CPAP machine. Thank goodness I got my 70% of nights in a consecutive 30 day period before this hit. I keep telling myself it is still better than shingles.

Soon as I recover I'll be back. I had upped the pressure to 8 for a night or two before the shot and it felt great.