Thank you, Pugsy, for Bleep mask review!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dreaming1

Re: Thank you, Pugsy, for Bleep mask review!

Post by Dreaming1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:54 am

twin rivers wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm
Received my Dream Port starter pack from Nationwide Medical today. Will try it tonight and see how it goes. No billing information with it, but should be covered with my medicare and my supplemental plan F in full. Thanks for everyone's help.
How did it work out Twin Rivers? You a convert?

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:17 am

Pugsy wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm
Jeramief wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm
Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?
Not at all. Not even the very first night.
Wow maybe someday soon a mask that will work for me!

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:20 am

booksfan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:42 pm
Jeramief wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm
The Bleep port I think would be an Excellent choice for myself I have leak issues with any mask I have tried I just cannot get past the cost currently. Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?
I, too, had leak issues with any mask I tried (and I tried a lot of them!). I did pay out of pocket for the Bleep to try it, but after quite a bit of back and forth with my DME, they got it in. I was asking them to supply me with the ports, but when I got my first shipment, I had a new interface in there as well. I felt like Christmas had come early!

Check with your DME. As Pugsy has said, it is covered just like any other mask/nasal pillow. Persistence pays off. You really have to press them, let them know you really want it, and that you will be getting the ports on an on-going basis. It's just $$ in their pocket at that point...they just have to realize it!
I am in career transition and gonna lose insurance hopefully it will be short term. But yes when I get back to having insurance I will be fighting for this I may just have to rework my budget and try and find the money to make this happen.

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Dreaming1 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:54 am
twin rivers wrote:
Received my Dream Port starter pack from Nationwide Medical today. Will try it tonight and see how it goes. No billing information with it, but should be covered with my medicare and my supplemental plan F in full. Thanks for everyone's help.
Woke up several times and don't know why. The mask worked great and I think I just need a few more nights with it.

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I went ahead and Ordered a starter kit and and 16 night kit so I have a month of Bleep hopeful this will work for me! I am looking forward to a hopefully no leak night!

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Dreaming1 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:54 am
twin rivers wrote:
A convert I am. Used it 10 nights so far and Nationwide Medical is sending the rest of my three month supply. Very pleased with the Dream Port and can't see any reason that I would ever change. Thanks for everyone's help.

laprof

Post by laprof » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 am

Have just finished my first full night with the Bleep. I love not having head gear - no jabbing/gouging in my face to awaken me, no puffy under eyes, no mask marks in my face in the morning! I had no problem putting on the nasal portals and tape, nor attaching the hose. However, I did have to try the tape prior to using the mask b/c I am very sensitive to virtually ALL tapes. Happily, I've had no reaction to the Bleep tape. A few comments: 1) The vent noise is considerable louder than the noise from my nasal mask. However, once I figured out how not to have the vented air bounce off something (like my arm!), it was quieter. 2) At one point in the wee hours, I must've pulled the hose by mistake when flipping on my back - whoosh! the air came out in full force, so got up to reattach it. 3) My aHI numbers were higher than normal - 3.2 vs. 1.8. I do read with the mask on every night in bed for about 30 minutes and I did get up to go to the bathroom once (in addition to the reattaching of the hose), so maybe that was the reason. 4) My DME and another one locally do not carry the Bleep mask, so I had to pay for a trial pack online. I was told by my DME that insurance companies will not cover costs for online companies, so that's pretty discouraging news! Since I will retire at the end of this month, I'll want to use insurance (will have Medicare and BCBS supplement) that I'm paying for! Best.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 am

laprof wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 am
1) The vent noise is considerable louder than the noise from my nasal mask. However, once I figured out how not to have the vented air bounce off something (like my arm!), it was quieter.

Many of us use a resmed filter to diffuse the air blast from the vents

Cut a cross in the middle of the resmed filter then pull the hose off of the Bleep Sleep vents push the filter over the swivel and re attach the hose

I also replaced the short hose with a Resmed equivalent of an old Resmed N10 Mask as its more flexible

laprof

Post by laprof » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am

Jas-williams, Does the filter stop the vents from, well, venting?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:03 pm

laprof wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am
Does the filter stop the vents from, well, venting?
Not at all...simply diffuses the vented air. You can even use a couple of layers of gauze if you can figure some way to keep it attached up next to the vent holes. I have done all 3...no diffuser....filter diffuse and gauze diffuser.

There is one online cpap supplier that will supply the Bleep and file your insurance for you...and for sure they work with Medicare and the traditional supplements. Other insurance...case by case basis.
Nationwide Medical and forum member Twin Rivers in this thread has already got his Bleep from them and they filed his insurance.

They won't work with my particular Medicare Advantage plan though..just found that out the other day that they would be out of network for me and there's no provision at all for out of network providers in my plan. Can't say as it was a big surprise though...I knew it was a weird little half assed HMO kind of thing. That's okay...I might change to another plan during open enrollment this fall if I can't strong arm my local DME into supplying it for me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

laprof

Post by laprof » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks, Jas-williams, for the venting info. I'll definitely try it tonight. Regarding Bleep and insurance, I called my DME an hour ago and made a "formal" request for them to carry Bleep masks. The rep talked with the buyer who told him that he'd see about asking for a few kits - or to see if people like me could do a special order through the DME. He said he'd call back w/in 10 days. If I don't hear from him, I'll call back. I mentioned that there's clearly an increasing interest in Bleep - as seen on this blog - and that folks were willing to leave their current DME in order to buy it (w/ insurance kicking in). I'd hate to leave my current DME, but will do so if they don't carry the Bleep. Thanks, again, for your info! Best.

Diotima

Post by Diotima » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 pm

My VA gets its supplies from here http://www.medicalplace.us/ I sent in a request but received no reply. :(

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

laprof wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:28 pm
Thanks, Jas-williams, for the venting info. I'll definitely try it tonight. Regarding Bleep and insurance, I called my DME an hour ago and made a "formal" request for them to carry Bleep masks. The rep talked with the buyer who told him that he'd see about asking for a few kits - or to see if people like me could do a special order through the DME. He said he'd call back w/in 10 days. If I don't hear from him, I'll call back. I mentioned that there's clearly an increasing interest in Bleep - as seen on this blog - and that folks were willing to leave their current DME in order to buy it (w/ insurance kicking in). I'd hate to leave my current DME, but will do so if they don't carry the Bleep. Thanks, again, for your info! Best.
How did your filter diffuser go ?