Thank you, Pugsy, for Bleep mask review!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
laprof

Thank you, Pugsy, for Bleep mask review!

Post by laprof » Thu May 30, 2019 9:15 am

I've been using a nasal mask for several months, but still awaken several times trying to adjust it or trying to forget that it's stabbing my cheeks. After reading Pugsy's review on Bleep Mask, I did some research on it, was happy with what I found, so ordered one online today. I get a 14 day trial period, so if I don't like it, I can send it back. It's reasons like this - new information from trusted voices - that cpaptalk.com is invaluable. I'll let you all know how the mask works for me. Best.

kteague

Re: Thank you, Pugsy, for Bleep mask review!

Post by kteague » Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Hope you enjoy the new mask. I trialed it and ended up sticking with it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

kteague wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Did you decide to change? I didn't know if you did or not. If you did then you might want to update your equipment profile.

It's a nice little mask. The other day I had a light bulb moment after I took a nap with the P10. I knew it was going to be about an hour nap and didn't want to burn a pair of ports for a short nap.
I realized that with the DreamPort I have no wake ups from the mask itself...no leaks at all...no noise...no waking up to pull the back strap down like I have to do sometimes with the P10....and no dents on my cheeks.
My sleep is so fragile that anything I can do to reduce the wake ups is a boon to me. Every little bit of improvement adds up.

Not everyone is going to like the DreamPort for any number of reasons (it's the life of any mask out there) but when attached properly it is silent and won't leak.
A few people who have some really oily skin have had some special challenges because of the oily skin and the adhesive but for the most part...it sticks.

Anytime anyone wants to try a new mask for any reason....just wanting to try it is a good enough reason.
I long ago lost count of how many I have tried over the years and I tried them not so much because I was unhappy with what I was using but just because I was curious. Curiosity is a good enough reason. We always learn something when we try something new...now sometimes the only thing we learn is what a bad idea we had...but we learn. :lol:
Nothing is ever a total failure as long as we learn from it. We learn about not only the different masks but about our own personal preferences as well.
When we learn about ourselves then we have an insight into what we need to best optimize things just for us. Doesn't matter about anyone else....just ourselves is all that matters.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Thatgirl

Post by Thatgirl » Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 pm

This is the first I've heard of it. It looks like it's pretty expensive as an ongoing cost. Are people having luck with insurance coverage?

Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Thatgirl wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 pm
This is the first I've heard of it. It looks like it's pretty expensive as an ongoing cost. Are people having luck with insurance coverage?
More info... viewtopic/t174807/BleepDreamPort-nasal- ... eep+review

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:18 am

Thatgirl wrote:
It's not insurance that is the problem...it's the damn DMEs who file the insurance that are the problem. They don't want to supply the mask for people who ask for it. They blame insurance for their laziness.
Insurance will pay for it just like they pay for any other nasal mask minus the headgear.
The HCPCS billing codes (which all insurance uses) are the exact same codes and the box of replacement ports are the same code as cushions/pillow replacement (2 per month).
The box with the hose/frame and ports....A7034
Box of replacement ports (2 weeks worth)...A7033 or A7032....insurance allows 2 per month

If a person has a high deductible....yes it is going to be expensive but people would have that with any other mask....but they probably aren't getting new cushions every 2 weeks. So that part is going to cost more if insurance won't pay because the deductible hasn't been met yet.
If someone has Medicare...the monthly cost for the ports is the same as a co pay for a cushion or pillow....maybe 3 or 4 bucks if someone doesn't have a supplement to pick up the 20% co pay. If someone has a supplement the monthly cost is zero because the supplement will pick up the balance.

But DMEs first have to supply it...and they are dragging their feet out of stupidity and laziness.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:40 am

Thatgirl wrote:
I have reached out to Nationwide Medical for insurance billing on the number Stuart gives out when you call him on the website: 818-338-3025
I have BBCS and they accepted it. Getting supplies in a week or so. But my last big order online netted out to $2/day to use the dream port strips. Had to buy at least four boxes though. Still worth it for the trade off. Talked another friend into using it and he had the same reaction I did, that he loved it.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri May 31, 2019 7:48 am

Thatgirl wrote:
It is covered by my insurance. I received my first shipment from my DME a few weeks ago. I don't know what my co-pay will be as, after almost a year and a half on CPAP, this is the first time I've gotten supplies from my DME! It was like pulling teeth, not so much to get the Bleep, although that did take a couple of emails requesting it, but more so to get things started for insurance coverage. It shouldn't have been this difficult. It took about 2 months of emailing and calling. :shock: I really am interested to see how much it will cost, as I bought all my supplies out of pocket last year.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri May 31, 2019 9:29 am

Pugsy wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm
kteague wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Did you decide to change? I didn't know if you did or not. If you did then you might want to update your equipment profile... My sleep is so fragile that anything I can do to reduce the wake ups is a boon to me. Every little bit of improvement adds up.
Thanks for the reminder! And I agree on every little improvement matters to those of us with fragile sleep.

Diotima

Post by Diotima » Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 pm

I want to try it out but now at $2 a night... I have to pass. If they can lower the cost of the disposable nose piece to $1 I might consider paying $30 a month. But at over $700 a year I'm a bit reluctant.

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm

The Bleep port I think would be an Excellent choice for myself I have leak issues with any mask I have tried I just cannot get past the cost currently. Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Jeramief wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:12 pm
Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?
Not at all. Not even the very first night.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri May 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Jeramief wrote:
The Bleep port I think would be an Excellent choice for myself I have leak issues with any mask I have tried I just cannot get past the cost currently. Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?
I, too, had leak issues with any mask I tried (and I tried a lot of them!). I did pay out of pocket for the Bleep to try it, but after quite a bit of back and forth with my DME, they got it in. I was asking them to supply me with the ports, but when I got my first shipment, I had a new interface in there as well. I felt like Christmas had come early!

Check with your DME. As Pugsy has said, it is covered just like any other mask/nasal pillow. Persistence pays off. You really have to press them, let them know you really want it, and that you will be getting the ports on an on-going basis. It's just $$ in their pocket at that point...they just have to realize it!

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Fri May 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Received my Dream Port starter pack from Nationwide Medical today. Will try it tonight and see how it goes. No billing information with it, but should be covered with my medicare and my supplemental plan F in full. Thanks for everyone's help.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Jeramief wrote:
Have you had issues with soreness or irritation where you glue these things to your nose?
I haven't had any issues with the Bleep adhesive either... and the transpore stuff they like using in the hospital bothers me... so it's not like I'm immune to adhesive issues.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.