Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 am

MBix wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:50 am
Jas_williams wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 am
I imported the bleep mask to the UK, I just bought a years supply 24 box’s of Dreamports and one Dreamway connector they come in a fairly large box so shipping was fairly high but a one-off cost, it not a cheap solution when your paying out of pocket but I’ve just bough my second year supplies of dream ports, still on the first Dreamway. I love the bleep no mask movement leaks. I have a Resmed P10 as a backup I tend to use if I have a cold.
Thanks for the reply! Probably the best idea to do the same. I'm going to order the smallest amount possible of the Dreamports though to start off so I can test the adhesive. Everything else looks great, just worried about my skin after having some not so fun redness lately!
If you want to test the adhesive Pugsy in the past has offered to ship a piece or 2 for that. She may still have some available for testing.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:37 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 am
If you want to test the adhesive Pugsy in the past has offered to ship a piece or 2 for that. She may still have some available for testing.
I do have a little bit left but only enough to maybe test for skin reaction for one night. Not for a long term usage test.

The adhesive used is not known to cause much in the terms of skin reaction though. It's probably the same type of adhesive used to seal colostomy bags over a stoma which is a much wider area and isn't known to cause major problems.
Reactions to the adhesive are extremely rare.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 am

Sorry. I cannot get excited about something I have to glue to my nose every night

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:18 am

zorki1c wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 am
Sorry. I cannot get excited about something I have to glue to my nose every night
That's okay. I can't get excited about strap marks on my cheeks every morning. I also can't get excited about headgear that stretches out and causes leaks that wake me up.

We all have different preferences, wants and needs. Your wants and needs differ from mine. That's okay.

But please don't knock something that you haven't ever even tried and have no desire to try. The Bleep isn't for everyone...heck, no mask out there is for everyone but to put down anything without even trying it just because you don't find it interesting is helping no one.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:18 am
zorki1c wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 am
That's okay. I can't get excited about strap marks on my cheeks every morning. I also can't get excited about headgear that stretches out and causes leaks that wake me up.

We all have different preferences, wants and needs. Your wants and needs differ from mine. That's okay.

But please don't knock something that you haven't ever even tried and have no desire to try. The Bleep isn't for everyone...heck, no mask out there is for everyone but to put down anything without even trying it just because you don't find it interesting is helping no one.
+1

very well said.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Been on cpap for 25 years. The bleep is the best mask I have ever used.

MBix

Post by MBix » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:37 am
prodigyplace wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:33 am
I do have a little bit left but only enough to maybe test for skin reaction for one night. Not for a long term usage test.

The adhesive used is not known to cause much in the terms of skin reaction though. It's probably the same type of adhesive used to seal colostomy bags over a stoma which is a much wider area and isn't known to cause major problems.
Reactions to the adhesive are extremely rare.
You're right I'm probably just being overcautious given my recent situation with the reaction to silicone. I'm just gonna go ahead and order the "mask" and a couple sets of Dreamports and get it imported to Australia. I'm sure if the mask isn't for me then I'll be able to find another home for it!

As always thank you for the information!

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Thu May 07, 2020 1:10 pm

I should get my Bleep on Saturday and I am more than ready to try it. I have tried so many mask and finally settled on the n20, but can’t get the thing to stop leaking. I tape my mouth really good, so I am sure it is coming from the mask itself. I have adjusted, readjusted, made sure the mask was clean, my face wasn’t oily, etc.

I am tired, emotional, and can’t stand myself most days. I work full time and should get an academy award for pretending like I give a hoot about anything going on with my job.

Thanks for the reviews and the suggestions on how to make the Bleep work!

I am more than ready for some nice, uninterrupted, restorative sleep. I am sure those around me are too. Being 100% compliant doesn’t mean squat if you aren’t sleeping well.

ronragus

Post by ronragus » Thu May 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Anyone in Canada managed to get the bleep, either through their DMEs or from online retailers?

Sissy63

Post by Sissy63 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:37 pm

ronragus wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:20 pm
Anyone in Canada managed to get the bleep, either through their DMEs or from online retailers?
I got my through CPAP.COM. I have seen several online sellers.

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri May 08, 2020 6:20 pm

3 things:

1. I totally agree with Twin Rivers that the Bleep is the best mask I have ever used. Not 25 years like Twin Rivers :lol: , just a bit over 2 years, but well over 15 masks tried!

2. Pugsy, I know you very kindly offer to send adhesive samples so others can check for adverse reactions, etc. I have a large supply of extra adhesive ends that I can send you so you have a supply available, if you would like. Just PM me.

3. While I generally get my Bleep Dreamports from my DME, sometimes they are actually LESS expensive with a coupon code from some of the online vendors, one in particular that I use. I can share the information via PM. I believe I have also seen at least one vendor offering a discount for orders of larger quantities. For those ordering from overseas, it might be worth checking/asking.

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm

Just information. Stuart is coming out with a vent cover for the bleep.I tried it last night and it's great .

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:14 pm
Just information. Stuart is coming out with a vent cover for the bleep.I tried it last night and it's great .
They're advertising it now on suppliers sites, as well as a more flexible hose attachment package.

HDCowboy

Post by HDCowboy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 am

I haven't had time to read this whole thread, only got to about pg8, but anyways I went ahead and purchased the bleep to see what the big fuss was about. I heard people spending over a $100 just for the starter kit but I found a god deal on Ebay for $34.99............(hope its ok to post links).........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bleep-Dreampor ... 2749.l2649

It included the mask/interface and the little hose that goes with it along with a 32 count box of the dreamports, the guys sells the 32 count box of the dreamport alone for $22.99 and there is another person on there selling them for $21.88 if you search. I first thought there had to be some kind of catch for that price and something would have been missing but it was all there.

As far as a review I only actually used it one night now, the first night I never could get the dreamports to stick and kept having leaks and gave up. Yesterday I went to CVS and bought a box of alcohol pads for 2.79 and they worked well and the dreamports stuck good........

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-ste ... id-1011886

I'm not to sure about this thing though, it felt like I had a heavy weight hanging off my nose all night everytime I moved, its kind of going to have to take a little getting used to I reckon!! Maybe I need to try that P10 hose swap I read about.
ResMed AirCurve 10 V-Auto / ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:42 am

Go to the Bleep website and watch the videos. Stuart has one that shows using a hose hanger management system as help for that "tugging on the nose from the hose problem".
https://bleepsleep.com/
There is also an upgraded more flexible longer hose available.
At the website there is a contact number...that's Stuart's personal cell phone number. If you continue to have problems...call him and leave a message. He will get back to you.

Skin prep is the key for getting the ports to stick and stay stuck on the nose. You can't cheat....needs a good soap and water wash and then at least the alcohol wipe prep or for people with really oily skin might even need a stronger prep and they do make stronger.

HDCowboy wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:28 am
I haven't had time to read this whole thread, only got to about pg8, but anyways I went ahead and purchased the bleep to see what the big fuss was about. I heard people spending over a $100 just for the starter kit but I found a god deal on Ebay for $34.99............(hope its ok to post links).........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bleep-Dreampor ... 2749.l2649

It included the mask/interface and the little hose that goes with it along with a 32 count box of the dreamports, the guys sells the 32 count box of the dreamport alone for $22.99 and there is another person on there selling them for $21.88 if you search. I first thought there had to be some kind of catch for that price and something would have been missing but it was all there.

As far as a review I only actually used it one night now, the first night I never could get the dreamports to stick and kept having leaks and gave up. Yesterday I went to CVS and bought a box of alcohol pads for 2.79 and they worked well and the dreamports stuck good........

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-ste ... id-1011886

I'm not to sure about this thing though, it felt like I had a heavy weight hanging off my nose all night everytime I moved, its kind of going to have to take a little getting used to I reckon!! Maybe I need to try that P10 hose swap I read about.