Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 pm

edfreeman wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:07 pm
No rubber bands in the house?
Not that I could find. Not a single one. :lol: :lol: :lol: But then I am notorious for putting something away for safe keeping just in case I ever need it....and promptly forget where I put it.
The junk drawer in the kitchen (everyone has one of those right???)....anyway...no rubber bands at all.
But I did get a surge protector today that came with a couple of longer than bread ties but like bread ties holding the cord in a nice bundle...so I used it. Thin like a bread tie but longer than a bread tie and a figure 8 around that filter keeps it nice and snug.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jeanne Ellen

Post by Jeanne Ellen » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Pugsy,
I'm a sensitive sleeper, unfortunately, so it doesn't take much to wake me up. I guess I also have sensitive skin, but it actually took 4-5 years of Breathe Rite strips to create the little red mark on the side of my nose. I don't think the adhesive is causing any skin irritation, but the pulling off of the adhesive pads seems to make the red mark more red, and it hurts for a while. Last night I used a tiny piece of thin paper to protect the mark and that seemed to be a good solution. I'll try using an alcohol wipe tonight and see what happens.
Thanks!

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Jeanne a bunch of little hooks are inside the qr-sockets, I think they are called, four of them. Make sure they are all connected onto the dreamport end. There’s a ridge they snap over. Easiest way to see that is use an old one and snap that back in (rip the tape of first so you can see better) into the qr-socket. If any of those are not fastened, it will leak and make a noise. I’ve found practice made perfect. Look for the grip circles to be level over qr-sockets. That helps when staring in the mirror.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Well the P10 tube attached to the bleep mask was a great success the added flexibility of the hose reduces the ‘pull’ on my nose when moving arround, it was not a big issue but I thought it could be improved with a more flexible hose, the P10 hose improves that need easily and a zero cost if you have a P10 mask frame lying arround, but I just ruined my backup mask :D now just ordered another backup P10 frame

katestyles

Post by katestyles » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm
Well the P10 tube attached to the bleep mask was a great success the added flexibility of the hose reduces the ‘pull’ on my nose when moving arround, it was not a big issue but I thought it could be improved with a more flexible hose, the P10 hose improves that need easily and a zero cost if you have a P10 mask frame lying arround, but I just ruined my backup mask :D now just ordered another backup P10 frame
My addition of a more flexible hose was also successful.

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:13 am

Jas_williams wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:45 pm
Yep, observed the same. Those tugs and nose tweaks from small head movements are gone. Rolling from side to side, I still got a tug, but from the CPAP hose. Once the CPAP hose is settled, I can move around freely and the nose is undisturbed.

heyslick

Post by heyslick » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Can someone make a video and tear the bleep apart, then put it back together with the filter, and the p10 hose. Thank you.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm

heyslick wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm
Can someone make a video and tear the bleep apart, then put it back together with the filter, and the p10 hose. Thank you.
This take-apart photo was shown earlier in this thread. Is that a good start?

download/file.php?id=5397

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:37 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm
heyslick wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:08 pm
This take-apart photo was shown earlier in this thread. Is that a good start?

download/file.php?id=5397
The part labled vent swivel in the picture just pulls out of the bleep tube

Cut with a knife the p10 hose off as close to the p10 vent as practical. Then the vent swivel can pushed into the p10 tube then cut a cross in the middle of a Resmed filter that can be pushed onto the vent section of the bleepsleep then push the vent swivel back onto the bleep vent viola

heyslick

Post by heyslick » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Thank you. I guess i am afraid to tear apart the bleep, and even harder to cut a p10 hose.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Is there any provision for blowing your nose?

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:09 am

herefishy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:17 pm
Is there any provision for blowing your nose?
No provision for nose blowing, I have not had a cold since using the mask but if I had a streamer I think I would revert to my backup P10. During normal use I find no need to blow my nose

QueSera

Post by QueSera » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Two nights with the Bleep (ordered from cpap.com)

First night:

-- Used an alcohol wipe to clean my skin, almost passed out, lesson learned.
-- Applied the adhesives so that they were vertical and parallel up my nose. Weird overlap, lots of bunching, lots of leaks.
-- Clicked everything together with the vents facing down (pointed at my body), and then it was Shake, Rattle and Roll - air in my eyes, leaks everywhere, noise, noise, noise. I gave it an hour and put my Dreamwear original on.

Second night:

-- I used a witch-hazel wipe on my skin, and it was perfect.
-- I studied every picture I could find and made 2 changes:
-- I placed the adhesive pads exactly as they look on the cpap.com page. This way, the ports pointed straight down, and I was able to smooth the pads down over the creases on each side of my nose. I have had leaks in this spot with almost every mask ever, and
-- I connected the ports to the frame with the vents pointing up, away from me. This is how it looks on the package!

I double-checked it all and went to sleep. There was almost no noise, and what there was didn't bother me. So, yay!

PERFECT MASK ... until I spent 3+ hours on the phone this morning trying to find a Medicare-participating DME who could get it for me. Short answer: no such thing.

However, a lovely person at Aetna (my provider) was finally able to offer me this plan:
1. Ask my doctor to call the Authorizations Dept and request Pre-Authorization, and appeal when they deny it. (Had to do this 3 times last year to get my ASV approved.)
2. Ask the doctor to write a new Rx for the Bleep specifically, send this to cpap.com.
3. Order it myself and pay for it.
4. With all this in place, Aetna will reimburse me 100%.
5. So she said.

The computer I used for Sleepyhead has died, so I have no leak data. But I ran a Mask Fit as soon as I was hooked up and there was no air, no noise anywhere.

The adhesive stayed good all night, which really impressed me because it was so difficult to find mouth tape that would stick like that. (I use K-tape for that, the stuff that athletes use on their muscles.) When I woke up, I just peeled the adhesive back from the pointy-ish corners and it came right off, easy.

The only problem I had other than the insurance thing was managing it when I got up during the night. I peeled the vent-piece/hose off and that was fine, but it was hard to snap back on in the dark. I think this will get easier with practice, and if I can rig up the P10 hose hack elsewhere on this thread, it will be better.

Looking forward to another good night --
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:26 pm

If you have to get up during the night like I did last night with the dogs...twice...

just unhook the long hose from the short hose at that connection...much easier to attach it back together in the dark.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

QueSera

Post by QueSera » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:26 pm
If you have to get up during the night like I did last night with the dogs...twice...

just unhook the long hose from the short hose at that connection...much easier to attach it back together in the dark.
That will be tonight's improvement.
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant