Looking at getting a dreamstation.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Soulysephiroth

Looking at getting a dreamstation.

Post by Soulysephiroth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am

I've seen a few online retailers for the dream station, and since my insurance wont pay for the machine i'm looking at getting one my self. Anyone have any good suggestions for an online retailer?

D.H.

Re: Looking at getting a dreamstation.

Post by D.H. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am

Since your insurance won't pay for a machine, my first question is whether you have a formal diagnosis, or whether you're just surmising that you need a CPAP machine.

In either case, I recommend that you get the "Auto CPAP" machine rather than a lesser model. I have great success with this machine, although many on this forum prefer the competing product.

Last edited by D.H. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soulysephiroth

Post by Soulysephiroth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 am

I have a formal prescription, and a High Deductible plan through my company, so I'd get stuck paying whatever cost they would want to charge me for a machine.(new year and all) From my experience, they overcharge the cost vs what I can get elsewhere on my own. The only upside to going through insurance would be it helping offset the cost of my deductible, but then again I'm paying more by going through them.

wellshooter

Post by wellshooter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:12 am

X2 on The Dreamstation Auto CPAP. I love mine with the heated hose.

Soulysephiroth

Post by Soulysephiroth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am

I already want to get it, my thing is if anyone has gotton a good deal on one, and where they got it at. More so a reliable website. I might just go through my insurance, from what I've gathered it will be around 990 if I do it that way....

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am

Soulysephiroth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am
I already want to get it, my thing is if anyone has gotton a good deal on one, and where they got it at. More so a reliable website. I might just go through my insurance, from what I've gathered it will be around 990 if I do it that way....
you could try our host site-

https://www.cpap.com/productSearch#::::dreamstation::::

not sure if it's the best price, but they ARE reliable.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am

Soulysephiroth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am
I've seen a few online retailers for the dream station, and since my insurance wont pay for the machine i'm looking at getting one my self. Anyone have any good suggestions for an online retailer?
Spend a few bucks more, (or, maybe less) and get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead, you'll almost certainly get better sleep as a result.

Secondwindcpap.com is a great place to buy from.

Last edited by palerider on Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 pm

I don't know if this site is legit, but it appears to be a lot cheaper.

Link ===> https://www.aaawholesalecompany.com/res ... 4fEALw_wcB

Soulysephiroth

Post by Soulysephiroth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:38 pm

D.H. wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 pm
I don't know if this site is legit, but it appears to be a lot cheaper.

Link ===> https://www.aaawholesalecompany.com/res ... 4fEALw_wcB

I read some reviews from them the only thing I can find are complaints about lack of communication and shipping delays. Shame because that price is crazy!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm

I poked around on their website a bit and found this DreamStation Auto CPAP with out humidifier listings being priced $660
Exact same machine minus the humidifier
https://www.aaawholesalecompany.com/res ... 11-ea.html

I couldn't find any reason for that one above to be so much less. It makes no sense.
Unless it is used or something....and they don't say anything about special pricing or whatever.

I looked at their mask pricing....wasn't any cheaper than anywhere else for the most part and in some masks...actually a bit higher.
The P10 is $104 there
Where cpap.com has it for $99

Interestingly the only ResMed machine I could find being offered was the S9 VPAP Auto at a price way higher (over 2500) than I have seen anywhere else and it's a long ago discontinued machine and I see no mention of the separate humidifier cost.
https://www.aaawholesalecompany.com/mdl-rei36006.html

I can get the AirCurve 10 V Auto model which is the newer model of that machine at cpap.com which includes the humidifier for a little over $1700.

Something just doesn't seem quite kosher....their product descriptions are extremely limited and essentially useless.
All this doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in them...they might be just fine to work with but usually when a deal seems too good to be true....you know the rest.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 am

I have bought from these guys they provided a good service and will ship internationally if that is a factor i would also recomend going for the resmed autoset 10 for her

https://www.sistemmacpap.com

Bookit

Post by Bookit » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm

I'll second the recommendation for the Resmed 10 for Her. I started with a Dreamstation and after 3 months changed to the ResMed for Her and am getting much better results. The "for her" machine gives you more options. If you are spending so much money, spend it on a machine that gives you more options.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Bookit wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm
I'll second the recommendation for the Resmed 10 for Her. I started with a Dreamstation and after 3 months changed to the ResMed for Her and am getting much better results. The "for her" machine gives you more options. If you are spending so much money, spend it on a machine that gives you more options.
Plus, generally, the "autoset" and "autoset for her" are the same price... so, for her, more stuff for *free* :D

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm

palerider wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 am
Soulysephiroth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am
Spend a few bucks more, (or, maybe less) and get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset instead, you'll almost certainly get better sleep as a result.

Secondwindcpap.com is a great place to buy from.
I second the Airsense 10 Autoset
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Zest Q