anyone have a ResMed Swift FX nasal pillow mask available?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goleboy

anyone have a ResMed Swift FX nasal pillow mask available?

Post by goleboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

looking for a Swift FX nasal pillow mask, or if someone knows of a good place to buy one. Appreciate it!

Kyle

goleboy

Re: anyone have a ResMed Swift FX nasal pillow mask available?

Post by goleboy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

LSAT wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:50 pm
How about our sponsor...https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... k-headgear
It says "prescription required"....im a DIYer so I don't have a prescription.

Kyle

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:43 pm

goleboy wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm
looking for a Swift FX nasal pillow mask, or if someone knows of a good place to buy one. Appreciate it!

Kyle
eBay and Amazon are my favorite places for supplies. I just bought four p10 frames from eBay last night for under 100$ total. (My brother has a hose tear yesterday and I figured a couple spares would be a good idea.}

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:38 pm

You could purchase the Mask Assembly Kit ($68): https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Swift- ... sembly-Kit
Head gear ($39): https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... e-headgear

These do not require a prescription and gets you the complete mask.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Do what Okie mentioned. I got my original Resmed Swift FX nasal Pillow mask from our sponsor by buying the parts - didn't need a script. Worked great!

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

goleboy

Post by goleboy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:40 pm

So I found one on a local for sale site. Purchased it BRAND NEW SEALED IN PACKAGE....Got it home , tried it on with the pre installed M nasal pillow and was surprised at how comfortable the mask was....however that's where my excitement stopped. I hooked it all up and when I went to bed I absolutely could not stand it with pressure. It literally made me feel like I couldn't breathe. And the direct nasal air flow dried me out like a raisin in like 35 minutes. So I popped it off and went back to my mirage FX and slept like a baby. I was so excited to get this mask as it seemed like so much less on and around my face. But after attempting to use it I realized that my mirage FX is actually pretty darn good for me.

So now I have a like new , used less than 2 hrs Swift FX mask and head hear along with S and L nasal pillows still sealed if anyone is looking for one to buy 😂 otherwise its Ebay for this setup !

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

Did you change the setting on your machine to nasal pilow ? I only ask because I forgot that step at first. Changing it made a world of difference.

goleboy

Post by goleboy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 am

Cynmatthes wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am
Did you change the setting on your machine to nasal pilow ? I only ask because I forgot that step at first. Changing it made a world of difference.
Yes I did....it was just the direct UP the nose sensation I couldn't get use too. Plus the exhale was much more difficult for me compared to the mirage FX. Obviously different venting system in both so it makes sense. I'm thinking of trying the FX nano nasal mask and see how that one works...I'm thinking I prefer the OVER the nose instead of UP it lol.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 am

goleboy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:43 am
Cynmatthes wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am
Yes I did....it was just the direct UP the nose sensation I couldn't get use too. Plus the exhale was much more difficult for me compared to the mirage FX. Obviously different venting system in both so it makes sense. I'm thinking of trying the FX nano nasal mask and see how that one works...I'm thinking I prefer the OVER the nose instead of UP it lol.
I didn't care for it either. I like the Airfit N20.