ResMed new FFM the F30 available for pre order at cpap.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

ResMed new FFM the F30 available for pre order at cpap.com

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... k-headgear

Should ship tomorrow so they probably anticipate getting inventory in today.

Edit....comes with free return insurance (be sure to read what all that involves).

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

weroberts75

Re: ResMed new FFM the F30 available for pre order at cpap.com

Post by weroberts75 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:45 am

Should ship tomorrow so they probably anticipate getting inventory in today.
Great... I just replaced my DreamWear FFM less than a month ago (except for the indestructible frame, which may last forever).
Wish I'd known, I would have waited.

Although the DreamWear FFM seals better than the Amara View and is a little more comfortable, there are still things about the Amara View that I liked better.
It looks like ResMed's Airfit F30 incorporates the things I liked best about both.

So now comes the dilemma of waiting patiently to see how others review it, or paying cash because I'm such a curious person.
I might actually wait this one out for the next five months and then try the F30, but it will definitely be on my list.

Stom

Post by Stom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 am

weroberts75 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am
Great... I just replaced my DreamWear FFM less than a month ago (except for the indestructible frame, which may last forever).
Wish I'd known, I would have waited.
ResMed was pretty cagey about when this would drop this year. I thought it would take longer. One thing the DW FF has that the F30 doesn't is top of the head hose attachment, which I like in practice even though I thought it looked silly the first time I saw it. The DW FF has more sizes, too. ResMed says 2 sizes fit most, but they bill that as a way for DMEs to reduce inventory not a way to fit everybody.
Official Foe™ on @Palerider's public list of foes. ;-)

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am

my wife just got the f20 airfit with the extra cost gel whatever cushions. it is the first
mask that she is really happy with. i wonder how the f30 is different.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Stom

Post by Stom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:03 am

greatunclebill wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:53 am
my wife just got the f20 airfit with the extra cost gel whatever cushions. it is the first
mask that she is really happy with. i wonder how the f30 is different.
It's pretty different. It's ResMed's version of the AmaraView mask. It covers the mouth and has a nasal cushion the bottom of the nose rests on, so it has a much more open field of view and doesn't cover the nose. It's also fairly pricey at $170.

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:21 am

While I'm pretty persnickety about mask fitment I've held high hopes for this particular mask since first seeing it mentioned here from the pad-a-cheek lady. Can't believe its been released thru CPAP.com before any further news releases available online as I've searched daily. Ordered two mediums immediately from the CPAP.com notification email. Hopefully they'll show up soon as I'm booked for PVP surgery at the VA this Thursday and since it requires general anesthesia will likely spend the night with them along with my AirCurve 10 w/F20 FFM. Might not have, or even want the new F30 in time for that event but I 'should' be home by Friday and have 4-5 days of down-time in bed to test it thoroughly. This will be the 26th surgery I've had at the VA under 'GA' since September 1969 and while roughly half of them were touted as my going home within a few hours it hasn't happened even once! Not complaining mind you... jus sayin!

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:58 am

I've already called several places that accept Medicare. So far it seems that cpap.com is the only dme that has it or can get it within the next 30/60 days. Been patiently waiting and suppose I'll have to wait longer.

I left a message for my sleep doc. Maybe she can get it sooner.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

weroberts75

Post by weroberts75 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Stom wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 am
One thing the DW FF has that the F30 doesn't is top of the head hose attachment, which I like in practice even though I thought it looked silly the first time I saw it.
The DreamWear FFM was what finally prompted me to get a hose buddy.
The top-of-head hose connection meant that my hose would often rub against the headboard when I would turn over at night.
The hose buddy solved that problem, but I would still rather have an under-the-nose connection with a quick release that is easier to use without taking my mask completely off.

Stom

Post by Stom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm

weroberts75 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm

The top-of-head hose connection meant that my hose would often rub against the headboard when I would turn over at night.
The hose buddy solved that problem, but I would still rather have an under-the-nose connection with a quick release that is easier to use without taking my mask completely off.
I like overhead hose management for both styles. I prefer the top of the head attachment because then the weight of the hose doesn't shift the fit of the mask seal as I change positions at night. Overhead hose management helps with that, but ideally I want as few variables on mask fit as possible since I sleep on both sides and my back. I want to try this new mask, though, because I can't get a good seal with the Dreamwear FF, which is disappointing since the original dreamwear nasal cushion is my favorite mask, so I had high hopes.

MurrayNevada

Post by MurrayNevada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:59 pm

"The DreamWear FFM was what finally prompted me to get a hose buddy.
The hose buddy solved that problem, but I would still rather have an under-the-nose connection with a quick release that is easier to use without taking my mask completely off."

I don't take my DW FFM off when I need to take a BR break. I just disconnect it at the top. It's no more difficult than disconnecting it from the front. I guess it might be though for folks with some limitations on arm movement. Also, I couldn't be as compliant without the Hose Buddy. Turned everything around for me.

Last edited by MurrayNevada on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:00 pm

I was looking forward to this mask, but now I am not sure due to the sizes they have. I have used the Amara View and Dreamwear full face mask. I take a large cushion in both of these. I am not sure if the medium will fit me, and I cannot find any sort of sizing guide available for this mask. Maybe enough people will try it in the next couple of weeks and post reviews of the mask here. I will check on the mask next week. I don't want to order it until I get back home from vacation.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

MurrayNevada

Post by MurrayNevada » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Looking at our sponsor's website it seems that a sizing template comes with the F30. You don't get the template until you receive the FFM. How does that help to know the correct size when ordering?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am

MurrayNevada wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:21 pm
Looking at our sponsor's website it seems that a sizing template comes with the F30. You don't get the template until you receive the FFM. How does that help to know the correct size when ordering?
Nice catch!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:07 am

MurrayNevada wrote:
It happens quite often that things aren't ideal when a new mask is released.
In this case no sizing chart readily available.
Give it a bit of time....won't be long before there will be something we can download and print off to get an idea of size before we buy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Stom

Post by Stom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am

MurrayNevada wrote:
That seems to be a thing meant for DME offices, where they can check the size before actually giving you the cushion. I expect ResMed will eventually post a PDF of the sizing guide.