For Sale: Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lordvader

For Sale: Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier

Post by lordvader » Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier

8.5 hours on the machine. Humidifier has zero hours on it. Carrying case, power cord, DC cord with 2 extra fuses, tubing, 6 new disposable ultrafine filter’s, 1 new reusable pollen filter and instruction manual.

I have two of them. Thought about keeping this one to use while I go camping but need something smaller to fit in my backpack.

$425 shipped

Last edited by lordvader on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Zest Q

Chris8243

Re: Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier

Post by Chris8243 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:42 am

How long have you had this?
Why didn't you return it if you weren't going to use it?
Has it always been stored in the case?
Is it still under warranty?

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Mon May 28, 2018 9:50 pm

I just got it about two weeks ago brand new. Didn’t return it because I used it for 8.5 hours. Thought I could make it work as a secondary machine for when I go camping but I need something much smaller. It’s kind of nice to not always have to pack up my other machine when I want to go camping and then set everything back up when I get home. It’s always been in that case except for the 8.5 hours obviously. I guess it would be under warranty through the manufacture, However long that is. Probably one year. My original CPAP machine lasted me six years with no issues so I have no idea how the warranty process through the manufacture goes.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Thu May 31, 2018 3:57 pm

Bump

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:36 pm

I have a brand new heated hose for it also. Still sealed in the plastic.

synapse

Post by synapse » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 am

Did you buy this new from a DME for your use and decided that you wanted something else? Anything wrong with the unit? I have a PRO model and I think that I would prefer an Auto.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Yes I did receive it from a DME. I have 2. I use one at home and thought it would be a good idea to get a second one for when I go camping. Used it 1 night camping. I definitely should have bought a smaller unit. So I can put it in my backpack. Humidifier has 0 hours and heated hose is still sealed in original packaging. Excellent condition. Only 8.5 hrs.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 pm

Bump

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 am

lordvader wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:23 pm
Bump
Might wanna edit the title of the first post and add "FOR SALE"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Re: For Sale: Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 am

I hadn't noticed that the subject didn't include "For Sale"....I fixed it for the OP just in case he didn't know how to edit the Subject line.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:39 am

Thanks

old dude

Post by old dude » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 pm

It would help if you put a price on it. Everybody wants a bargain but nobody wants to insult you.

And I don't think the warranty transfers to the next owner.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:58 pm

old dude wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 pm
Actually while that is the official line from both Respironics and ResMed...there are ways around it.
You need access to an authorized repair facility to get it done. All depends on who you know. :wink: :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

old dude

Post by old dude » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:58 pm
old dude wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:43 pm
Actually while that is the official line from both Respironics and ResMed...there are ways around it.
You need access to an authorized repair facility to get it done. All depends on who you know. :wink: :lol:
But Pugsy, most of us have no such access nor do we know who you're talking about. At least I don't, and it definitely impacts what used machines I would consider.

I recently bought a used Airsense 10 Autoset but it was extremely low mileage so I just took a chance. So far so good. But prior to this I've had (and still have) 3 brand new PRS1 760Ps, two of which had to be completely replaced under warranty. So it does happen!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:11 pm

old dude wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm
But Pugsy, most of us have no such access nor do we know who you're talking about. At least I don't, and it definitely impacts what used machines I would consider.

I recently bought a used Airsense 10 Autoset but it was extremely low mileage so I just took a chance. So far so good. But prior to this I've had (and still have) 3 brand new PRS1 760Ps, two of which had to be completely replaced under warranty. So it does happen!
It's no big national secret..and this place is mentioned often on this forum both for warranty work and work after the warranty has expired.
They are an authorized repair facility for both Respironics and ResMed.
Save the link
acbio.com and the forum member accurate...owns it
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1002

and the official website
https://acbio.com/

I know of forum members who bought a machine privately and it had something happen to it and it up and died...they sent it to acbio.com and they get a call from them stating..."did you know your machine still was under warranty...we can send it in and get you a new replacement instead of fixing it if you wish".....of course they wish and guess who gets a new machine from the factory. Now they might have to pay shipping costs but that's always a lot better than repair costs.

I personally had a brand new Respironics PR S1 960 model that I bought new privately...It was doing a weird alarm thing that we couldn't figure out why but it was annoying the hell out of me because when the alarm went off it would wake me up.
They repaired it and warranty covered it....it wasn't bad enough for a total new machine...just a sensor board thing of some sort. Minor expense involved.

If you have a ResMed machine and wonder if it still has warranty left...call them up and give them the serial number and they can look it up.
That was done just this past week with an AirCurve 10 VAuto I picked up locally off craigslist...only had 86 hours on it but we don't know how long it sat in the closet...it still has warranty available until March of next year.
Quite nice to know in case something happens (it went to a guy in Europe) and perfectly acceptable considering the screaming hot deal I got on it. $350...even if it had been out of warranty...a good deal and a little warranty left was just icing on the cake.

So now you have a place to get some help with your privately purchased machine...either if it has warranty available or is out of warranty a place to get it repaired.
Yeah, we have to pay for it if out of warranty...but when we get good deals I figure we are self insuring for part of it.
If people are really worried about having a warranty then they need to buy from a retailer that has warranty available and be prepared to pay more money.

Me...If I pay $350 for a machine with 86 hours on it...doesn't really matter to me because I have already saved a boatload of money.
New they run over $1500 at most online retailer who would have the official 2 year ResMed warranty available...and even gently used at second wind (who they will offer 6 month warranty but they back the warranty) is $800.

Of all the machines I have ever bought (all privately and in well in excess of a dozen for sure probably closer to 2 dozen) I have only ever had one that had a problem...the new 960 PR S1.
For the money I save and the convenience of getting what I want, when I want it without hassle...I am willing to assume some of the risk.
Besides..with my insurance...there is no supplement...I would have to pay 20 % of the approved amount and the deals I have found have always been equal to my copay or more often much less.
Plus I try machines that I never could get my DME to supply because the doctor would never go for it. :lol:
And I don't have big brother watching me either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: