AirSense 10 Hers stopped early ???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rmarvin

AirSense 10 Hers stopped early ???

Post by Rmarvin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:51 am

First, I apologize if this topic covered somewhere else, but I am not proficient in figuring out where to find it to search for help.

Last night, for the first time in over two years, the CPAP machine says the wife was only on it a little over 5 hours. However, she was in reality on it for over 7. It appears the machine was powered up when she stopped it this morning, and there is no evidence that there was a power outage generally or to the machine itself.

I guess after tonight (next night) we will see if it works correctly. This being a Saturday morning, trying to ask APRIA about this is probably not going to happen. So any input will be greatly appreciated. If I need to be redirected to another topic, please feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks for being here.

Pugsy

Re: AirSense 10 Hers stopped early ???

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:59 am

What told you she only used the machine for 5 hours...where did you see that...software report or on the machine display?

And if it was the LCD screen on the machine what time did you check the data on the machine?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rmarvin

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don't have the answers to all your questions. I will note that since that one occurrence, everything has been working back to normal.

The five hours was what the machine transmitted to ResMed as well as what SH showed on the daily report in Events. Because the ResMed Dashboard at MyAir showed the same time I am pretty sure it was as recorded by the machine. I thought it might have been a power outage but nothing else plugged into the same power source demonstrated any outage had occurred.

My wife did not note the status of the machine when she took off the mask so I don't know if it was running then or not. It must have been getting power to send the data to ResMed for it to display on their Dashboard.

I guess we will just have to chalk this up as a mystery and most likely will never know what caused the event to occur.

I do appreciate your asking your questions and reading my post. Thank you very much.

Bob

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:23 pm

More proof that MyAir is suboptimal!

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 pm

My suggestion is to unplug your machine for a few minutes and plug it back in. Very often, the computer brain gets scrambled and just needs a reboot. If it happens repeatedly, there is a potential that the machine is failing.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:20 pm

SewTired wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:35 pm
My suggestion is to unplug your machine for a few minutes and plug it back in. Very often, the computer brain gets scrambled and just needs a reboot. If it happens repeatedly, there is a potential that the machine is failing.
Yes, absolutely try that.

Also, it does appear that the problem is only in the reporting, not in the therapy.