dme said it was new . meter says 405 hours usage on machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: dme said it was new . meter says 405 hours usage on machine

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Which mode are you using?

ASV mode or Auto ASV?

If I have time later today I will fire up my S9 Adapt and see what options are available in either mode that might alter the rhythm a bit.
Right now it is in the closet while I play with the AirCurve 10 ST.

BPM....isn't there an auto setting available? I don't think that 15 is fixed...mine doesn't do 15.

And yes...most likely you were thinking about the Respironics tweaks. ResMed doesn't have much available for tweaking but I think there might be something....I will have to look at the S9 to refresh my memory as to what it was.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:05 pm

xxyzx wrote: ======
front says aircurve 10 ASV
the filters he gave me said S9
the manual talks about S9
i wonder if they took an old S9 and refurbed it with 10 software and changed the nameplate
Nope. The S9 and the AirCurve 10 have very different bodies. Totally different external box and the S9 has a whole separate external humidifier that attaches to the blower unit rather than a humidifier tank that just goes into the blower unit.
[/quote]

klv329

Post by klv329 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Yep, insist on your rigjts!

Last edited by klv329 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Cardsfan wrote:Take it back. Next time, ask to see the run hours BEFORE you accept delivery.
Ditto

Easier to get what you are paying for before you leave the DME

Once you leave, it is pretty much yours.

"I" personally would not accept a used machine!
But, with all the enemies you probably made already at the DME & elsewhere, I think they may very well dig in their heels & stonewall you.

Since you did not follow the correct procedure (checking out all of those things) before you left the DME, your best bet for getting another machine (new) is to contact them today.

Every day that goes by gives you a less chance of being successful.

Last edited by StuUnderPressure on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Version 22H2 - ResScan Version 7.0.1.67 - ResScan Clinician's Manual dtd 2021-02

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 pm

The formula for Resmed AutoAsv Mode is
Min Epap + Min PS = Min IP
Max Epap + Max PS = Max IP

ASV Mode is
Epap + Min PS = Min IP
Epap + Max PS = Max IP

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

ajack

Post by ajack » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 pm

with that you should have
epap min 6
epap max 15
ps min 4
ps max 19

there is ipap to set, it is a combination of epap and PS

ajack

Post by ajack » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 pm

there is no ipap min or max to set..forget about it. the min ipap is the min epap and the min ps ..6+4=10 min ipap
you should have a sleepyhead chart to put up by now.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:what would you do ?
If I were you, I'd sit down, and wonder "why does everybody hate me?".
======

i already know that
i am honest and logical
and the world is full of stupid evil greedy illogical irrational people
no no, you'd be wrong about that one too... keep trying.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gary_UT

Post by Gary_UT » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 pm

xxyzx wrote:do DMEs lie or are they just incompetent
yes I know that is redundant

my DME swore I got a new ASV yesterday
today i read the manuals and checked everything out
including the details on the clinic menu
had the wrong mask type and some other settings he said were different
both clinic and main menu!! both show the usage at
405 hours usage on the meter already
2.772% of teh design life already used up
I had the same problem with my DME.

Here is the thread I made about it and my solution and outcome:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97892&p=907517#p907517

GARY

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:37 pm

xxyzx wrote: the problem is that we have to pick a DME first

if i coudl get approval then i coudl shop DMEs and ensure it was a new machine with the features i want etc

all they have to do is provide the cpt code device as insurance does not require new afaik
It's quite possible to shop DMEs if you are really wanting to shop around. Insurance complicates things a bit: If you want to spend your insurance company's $$$ on your machine, you are limited to the DMEs your insurance company considers as "in-network", and if they only have a limited number of in-network DMEs, that's something to bring up with your insurance company.

And to shop around DMEs, you also have to be willing to tell the lab and the sleep doctor, "No, I won't sign that piece of paper authorizing you to send a prescription to a DME that I've never heard of."

Here's the story of how I did shop around to find a DME that would sell me the S9 AutoSet that I decided that I wanted for my first machine.

1) On my diagnostic test I politely refused to sign the paperwork that authorized them to send a script to the DME of their choice as soon as the doc read the test if my apnea turned out to be bad enough for a split test. (It didn't turn out to be that severe). I refused to sign that paperwork because I knew I didn't know anything at all about CPAP, DMEs, or even my insurance coverage for CPAPs. And I wanted to check that stuff out before committing to CPAP therapy.

2) My titration test was scheduled about 3 weeks after my diagnostic test due to a family trip. I spent the time between the two tests educating myself (here and on another forum) about OSA, CPAPs, and DMEs. By the time of my titration test, I knew that I wanted an APAP, or at least a CPAP that recorded full efficacy data. And I also knew most DMEs set most new patients up with bricks. (Since my diagnosis was for plain old moderate OSA, there was no reason to expect the doc would prescribe anything other than CPAP at n-cm.)

3) On my titration test I was again asked to sign a paper authorizing them to send a script to the DME of their choice as soon as the doc read the test. I again politely refused to sign the paperwork. At that point I knew that I still did not know enough about my insurance coverage or which DMEs in my area might be willing to sell me an APAP, but I did knew that I did NOT want to be railroaded into a long term business relationship with a company that I did not choose.

4) After my titration test, I also had to be very firm with the sleep doc's office and repeatedly tell them that I was NOT going to allow them to just fax my script to the DME of their choice. I was also very firm with them that I was in the process of contacting multiple DMEs and that once I found a DME that I liked, I would let the sleep doc's office know where to send the script.

5) I contacted my insurance and found out that they had a very long list of in-network DMEs---so long they were unwilling to send me a copy of the full list; they did send me an abbreviated list. After calling every DME on that list and finding out that they were going to set me up with a brick (yes, I'd already done my homework and knew about brick CPAPs), I started going through the yellow pages and found a small DME that specialized in CPAP equipment (and only CPAP equipment). Much to my pleasure, this DME sets all their new patients up with the patient's choice of the newest model Resmed AutoSet or the newest model PR Auto CPAP, even when the script just calls for CPAP. AND they were in-network. They earned my business and I have continued to recommend this place to anybody in the Buffalo, NY or Rochester, NY areas. The name of the place is CPAPXpress for anybody who is interested.

Once it became clear I was going to be moved to bi-level, I worked with CPAPXpress for about a month in an attempt to find out whether the S9 Vauto was going to be released anytime "soon" or whether I could get an S8 Vauto or whether I should get the PR System One 750 machine that I used for several years. It took a month of digging on my part and theirs to decide that in late 2010, the S9 Vauto was still vaporware with an unknown release date, the S8 Vauto was not what I wanted (it has a proprietary data card and card readers were already getting scarce) and the PR 750 was worth trying.

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:40 pm

xxyzx wrote: my fear is that if they lied about it being new
maybe they lied about approval from insurance
and i may get stuck with the bill when they say oopsies later it was not approved and you agreed to pay if insurance didnt
If you are really worried that your DME lied to you about whether the machine was approved by your insurance company, CONTACT the insurance company yourself.

Yes, it's a PITA to deal with your own health insurance company. They can be even less transparent than DMEs at times. But in all seriousness, the only one who can assure you about whether the insurance company has approved paying for the ASV is the insurance company itself.

Many insurance companies now have web sites where you can look up the status of the claims that have been filed. See if yours has such a web site.

Salidin

Post by Salidin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:25 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Look for libtard cooties.
More likely Conturd cooties.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Of course, it is IMPERATIVE to be respectful and "nice" at all times with these people.
In x's case, I would have a well-behaved go-between to do all the talking--even if you have to pay them.
The minute you get rude--you get SQUAT!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:28 pm

Salidin wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Look for libtard cooties.
More likely Conturd cooties.
Conturdatives?

flightco

Post by flightco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:09 am

xxyzx wrote:
Guest wrote:that is a very funny question .. where is your brilliant engeneering?

what possibilities are there, if you get an slightly used machine?
1. the first owner died and does not need this device any longer (which would be a nearly total fail for an ASV)
2. the 1st owner got cured with that device (than please send it to us after you get cured too) - unlikely scenerio
3. the 1st owner failed on that machine! (let it be because it is a libtard device, the owner was a libtard and couldn't get it to work OR: the machine is simply broken!)

Or are there any other reasons (in your mind!) that someone would return a shiny (and so much adored by you) device?

makes me think ..
(but I believe palerider already nailed it)
=====

i am wondering if it is defective

so far it is trying to make me breathe at varying rates and at duration and depth that is uncomfortable
an ASV is supposed to quickly change to what i want to do not force me to adapt to it
Time to be the boss of your own treatment. Call the DME and tell them you are returning the machine because your insurance allows for a new machine and they gave you a used unit.. You will probably need to be insistant but if you are not complying, they will not get paid (hoping this is not the only DME you can use)