OT: Jeff Sessions confirmed in Senate Judiciary committee

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

Re: OT: Jeff Sessions confirmed in Senate Judiciary committee

Post by 49er » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:06 pm

flightco wrote:
49er wrote:
flightco wrote:
49er wrote:
Sheriff Buford wrote:Another day in paradise.

Sheriff
You mean in the world of President Bannon, the Nazi?

49er
Trump is so hurt by your comments he is doubting himself and Mike Pense. I understand he is starting to feel the only true leader would be HrC and he is looking at how to make the transagion happen

Please stop hurting Trump

#notmygroundhog
Again Flightco, as someone who claims he is a true conservative, do you feel good about Bannon, a Nazi, having all that power? Stick to the issues please.
Sticking to the issue does not mean I will play your game
Flightco,

What game? I asked you a simple question about Bannon that you refuse to answer.

49er

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 pm

49er wrote:[quote="flightco
Flightco,

What game? I asked you a simple question about Bannon that you refuse to answer.

49er
Actually, you made a play right out of the liberal play book. You didn't ask a simple question at all (then you lied and said you did), you said Bannon was a Nazi and asked me how I feel about a Nazi having so much power.

If you want to talk about Bannon, lets do - but give me some facts to work with; I don't feel Bannon is a Nazi, and that calling him one is nothing more than a liberal talking point. So you want to talk Bannon, OK, but I am not doing your homework for you.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:08 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:Living in Illanoy, you have no clue what a conservative is. I am a conservative. Steve Bannon is a wonderful person who is going to assist President Trump and the GOP controlled Congress to restore America to what it once was. Like it or not, thats the way its gotta be. And it will be that way, whether you and your kind like it or not.

flightco wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote: ]
to tell grumpy that you might think your are a conservative, but there is a lot more to being a conservative than being a stupid asshole, you sir, are not a conservative, you are a troll who thinly disguises himself as a stupid asshole
Sitting in a cookie jar does not make you a cookie; living in NC does not make you a conservative, you are a nutcase and nothing else.

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 pm

flightco, please do explain how I am a "nutcase?"

flightco wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Living in Illanoy, you have no clue what a conservative is. I am a conservative. Steve Bannon is a wonderful person who is going to assist President Trump and the GOP controlled Congress to restore America to what it once was. Like it or not, thats the way its gotta be. And it will be that way, whether you and your kind like it or not.

flightco wrote:
to tell grumpy that you might think your are a conservative, but there is a lot more to being a conservative than being a stupid asshole, you sir, are not a conservative, you are a troll who thinly disguises himself as a stupid asshole
Sitting in a cookie jar does not make you a cookie; living in NC does not make you a conservative, you are a nutcase and nothing else.
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:24 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:Bannon simply wants to do things like, bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Manufacturing jobs pay more than low skill, low wage, high stress service jobs that America has so many of now.
88% of jobs lost in manufacturing in this country in the last 50 years were lost due to technology and other home grown reasons. That means no more than 12% have gone overseas. Look up the recent study by Ball State University.
Bannon also wants to put stiff tarriffs on imports from places like Mexico and China, which will then allow the federal government to reduce taxes on Americans across the board, from the lower middle class all the way up to the corporate levels. Thats how America used to be at the federal government level, the federal government used to pay for most of its stuff from import tariffs.
And just who do think will pay those tariffs? It sure as hell ain't gonna be the guys shipping the stuff here. There will be no net cost reduction for Americans from higher tariffs, only a cost shift. We'll pay less in taxes and more for imported goods. And then of course there will be all those jobs lost due to the recession caused by the trade wars. You have heard of the Great Depression of 1929, right? One of its causes was tariff wars.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:42 pm

MrGrumpy wrote:flightco, please do explain how I am a "nutcase?"

Flightco doesn't have to. Why answer a question that has already been answered by many.

**If we stop replying to Grumpy's posts, he'll just keep talking to himself. If we respond, we play right into his babbling.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:24 am

MrGrumpy wrote:flightco, please do explain how I am a "nutcase?"

flightco wrote:

flightco wrote:
I should really take Lucy's advice and just let you talk to yourself but I will toss a couple bones your way:

1. You make a judgment about me because I live in Illinois? You have no idea who I am, what I have done or where I have lived - a nutcase comment
2. You call yourself a conservative yet do the silly little liberal thing of misspelling a name like you are making some huge point - more confused nutcase.
3. You opened this thread up with the following comment;

we can begin rolling back the clock on things like civil rights for minorities...well be able to start bashing heads again during these "protests" this country has been having for the past couple of years.

I know an awful lot of conservatives, they are business leaders, pastors, laborers, the Director of Operation Save America, although I don't agree with a lot of his views, is a personal friend, I do not know any true conservative who feels we should "roll back the clock on civil rights" or bash heads. Your comments are so horrendous I called you a troll because this is what the liberal trolls write on message boards all over the net, posing as conservatives to try to make conservatives look bad but even liberals can see through this and will seldom quote one of your ilk as a conservative, just a nutcase. You are either a troll or nutcase, you decide. If you represent conservatives, I don't want to be one but I am not worried, I think you are not smart enough to understand the difference between conservative and redneck and you are a trolling, redneck nutcase.

Last edited by flightco on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:00 am

idamtnboy wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Bannon simply wants to do things like, bring manufacturing jobs back to the USA. Manufacturing jobs pay more than low skill, low wage, high stress service jobs that America has so many of now.
88% of jobs lost in manufacturing in this country in the last 50 years were lost due to technology and other home grown reasons. That means no more than 12% have gone overseas. Look up the recent study by Ball State University.
Bannon also wants to put stiff tarriffs on imports from places like Mexico and China, which will then allow the federal government to reduce taxes on Americans across the board, from the lower middle class all the way up to the corporate levels. Thats how America used to be at the federal government level, the federal government used to pay for most of its stuff from import tariffs.
And just who do think will pay those tariffs? It sure as hell ain't gonna be the guys shipping the stuff here. There will be no net cost reduction for Americans from higher tariffs, only a cost shift. We'll pay less in taxes and more for imported goods. And then of course there will be all those jobs lost due to the recession caused by the trade wars. You have heard of the Great Depression of 1929, right? One of its causes was tariff wars.
Figures lie and liars figure (not saying you are lying, it is just pretty hard to place an actual number on this. ) I have found a few references to a little over 7,000,000 manufacturing jobs are cut from 1970 and have found others that say about 5,000,000 jobs have been lost to overseas labor. This also does not take into account our increase in population and how, if we hadn't lost jobs, the number of jobs would actually have increased if jobs have not been shipped overseas. So, I am not going to defend these numbers since the numbers seem to be all over the place.

As to the tariffs, it is not a given that the price will be passed on to the consumer. The company I work for closed a 100 year old factory in Erie, PA and moved it to Mexico (the factory itself was not that old, that is when it was founded, it was a modern facility with lots of automation) Their costs were reduced by about 35%. Do you think they lowered the cost to the customer? Not a penny, they just make more profits and I am very much for profits but not when they come at the expense of the very people who built the company and the product for over a hundred years. I hear people saying slavery built America, I don't think they get all the credit but there is certainly truth to the statement. At the same time, I don't think you can give factory workers all the credit for growing a business, but they absolutely played a part in it. Sorry, tangent, back to my point - due to the law of supply and demand, companies will only charge what they can sell the product for. Do you not think if the companies could sell their product for an additional 35% the "greedy" CEOs would have already done so. Take cars for example, if ford sells a car made in Mexico for 35K and Subaru sells a similar car made in Lafayette, IN for 35K, Ford is making a lot more profit on that car than Subaru. If Ford now gets a 35% tax and they tack it on as you say, what chance would they have of selling it against cars made in the USA going for the original 35K. Nobody gets to sell in a mall while paying nothing for the privilege, the USA is the worlds largest mall and I personally don't think it is right to take business built in the USA, fire the workers, move it to Mexico and pay nothing for the privilege of selling here. I thought it was pretty ballsie of Mexico to complain that Trump stole Mexican jobs when Ford decided to keep some of the manufacturing in the USA

Time to put the mask on and go to sleep, rambling on...

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:08 am

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III. Maybe he will be fair. Past record usually says a lot about a person. I don't know why but I picture his face looking like a Cheshire Cat, with a slow twitch of the tail, waiting.