Keep politics off this board

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mal59@juno.com

Keep politics off this board

Post by mal59@juno.com » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Please, we get enough political garabage in the news so let keep it off this board. This discussion board is about CPAP so keep your politics to yourself.

Julie

Re: Keep politics off this board

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:52 pm

How is this your business as a nonmember?

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Not going to happen since this is an unmoderated board. And actually, this is lame compared to discussions in previous years:)

Anyway, if you prefer an apnea board in which OT discussions are in a separate forum from the main board, you might want to go to http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/index.php.

49er

MyIdaho

Post by MyIdaho » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:26 pm

mal59@juno.com wrote:Please, we get enough political garabage in the news so let keep it off this board. This discussion board is about CPAP so keep your politics to yourself.
The board is mostly about CPAP with only two political threads. Oops, make that three with yours. Just read what you want and skip the rest. It is really is that easy mal59...

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Julie wrote:How is this your business as a nonmember?
Finally, I agree with Julie!

cancun

Post by cancun » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:54 pm

LSAT wrote:
Julie wrote:How is this your business as a nonmember?
Finally, I agree with Julie!
I always knew miracles do happen!!

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Do I laugh now, or ?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Yes, Julie; go for it!

cands

Post by cands » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:22 pm

49er wrote:Not going to happen since this is an unmoderated board. And actually, this is lame compared to discussions in previous years:)

Anyway, if you prefer an apnea board in which OT discussions are in a separate forum from the main board, you might want to go to http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/index.php.

49er
This board is informative, fun and dangerous all at the same time! Some of the regular posters are even a little 'Trumpesque'

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:02 pm

cands wrote:
49er wrote:Not going to happen since this is an unmoderated board. And actually, this is lame compared to discussions in previous years:)

49er
This board is informative, fun and dangerous all at the same time! Some of the regular posters are even a little 'Trumpesque'
+1

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

Colonel-Cactus

Post by Colonel-Cactus » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Let me tell you a story.

I was a member of a car board devoted to a specific make and model of classic car. There were experts there who knew so much they almost never needed help but helped others every day. People who were new and ignorant found personal specialized advice available no where else. The experts would argue with eachother in off topic threads about stuff like politics, religion, whether chili should have beans or not, what is the best brand of toilet paper, etc.

At a certain point the owner of the site decided there would be no more off topic chat. Only serious repair and restoration talk. Any off topic post or thread would be deleted.

Within a few months the best and brightest minds were gone and it was only the ignorant asking and answering questions.

It turned out that the guys who had the knowledge and answers and did not need any help did not want to participate in a board where they worked as unpaid customer service reps. Giving only serious advice while being banned from arguing, bantering, opining, and the occasional flame war with their friends.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Colonel-Cactus wrote:Let me tell you a story.

I was a member of a car board devoted to a specific make and model of classic car. There were experts there who knew so much they almost never needed help but helped others every day. People who were new and ignorant found personal specialized advice available no where else. The experts would argue with eachother in off topic threads about stuff like politics, religion, whether chili should have beans or not, what is the best brand of toilet paper, etc.

At a certain point the owner of the site decided there would be no more off topic chat. Only serious repair and restoration talk. Any off topic post or thread would be deleted.

Within a few months the best and brightest minds were gone and it was only the ignorant asking and answering questions.

It turned out that the guys who had the knowledge and answers and did not need any help did not want to participate in a board where they worked as unpaid customer service reps. Giving only serious advice while being banned from arguing, bantering, opining, and the occasional flame war with their friends.
Makes Jack a dull boy, eh ?

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 am

Colonel-Cactus wrote:Let me tell you a story.

Good point Colonel.

Some people like to be in control .... like @mal59@juno.com

So let's email him/her and let him/her know that some of us don't want to be controlled by him/her and that we intend to turn this thread into a political thread

Here is an interesting political observation about who is fit to be in control ....

Hillary's Bizarre On-Camera Behaviors

Then there is this .... Clinton mistakenly refers to Trump as her ‘husband’

And this .... Hillary’s Medic Carries DIAZEPAM Pen To Treat Recurrent Seizures

And this .... #HillarysHealth

She may call it "short-circuiting" but I think maybe she's just having malfunctions with her lizard alien shape shifting algorithm

Or maybe just the effects of a high-carb diet.

As for Trump .... he's just the bait for the switch -- there is no choice in these matters and only fools think they have a choice.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:42 am

DreamStalker wrote:...there is no choice in these matters and only fools think they have a choice.

I don't agree. I do have a choice and will make that choice on November 8, 2016.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 am

I do have a choice
Whomever you vote for in 2016, by 2020,

the Federal government will employ more people and spend more money,

Federal regulations will be more numerous,

the Federal debt will be larger,

there will be more lobbyists in Washington,

Congress will be more corrupt,

the Federal reserve will not have been audited,

Social Security and Medicare will have been mismanaged more deeply into collapse,

your dollar will buy fewer groceries,

education of our children will be more expensive and less effective,

the people you elected will have greatly expanded their personal wealth,

the USA will be more entangled in wars thousands of miles from our shores and

the President you elected in 2016 will not win a second term.

Have a happy day everyone!