Sleepyhead daily statistics review question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rmarvin

Sleepyhead daily statistics review question

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi,

First time posting so if I have this in the wrong place or style or whatever, please forgive me and point out my mistake. Thanks.

Wife has started CPAP therapy with ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset for Her machine. Me - being a numbers guy and interested in the science (?) of all this - wanted to get as much detail as I could from the machine and process. Found out about SleepyHead software here and got it downloaded and running. But I have questions that I have not been able to find the answer to despite my many search attempts.

It appears that the events graph and other graphs have a time line under them. But if I understand it correctly, these have not much if any relationship to a regular clock timeline. So if I notice the wife having some "event" at say 3:00 AM in the morning, I have no way to review the graphs at 3:00 AM in the morning unless I know the time she started therapy. Then I could figure out about where in the machine timeline 3 AM would fall in the total time on the machine shown in the graphs. Is that correct?

I do see a session and end session time reported, but we always go to bed around 10 PM and she is usually on the machine by 10:30 PM give or take. However, these start and end times show as 00:05:30 give or take, in other words after midnight, which is not likely. I am left to conclude that these are times in the timeline of the machine in which the "session" is being tracked. Then why doesn't it start when she starts the machine? Is this related to the Ramp time? Does the session not start until it "senses" she is asleep?

Any information, or more importantly, direction to where the data is located would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bob

palerider

Re: Sleepyhead daily statistics review question

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Rmarvin wrote:It appears that the events graph and other graphs have a time line under them. But if I understand it correctly, these have not much if any relationship to a regular clock timeline. So if I notice the wife having some "event" at say 3:00 AM in the morning, I have no way to review the graphs at 3:00 AM in the morning unless I know the time she started therapy. Then I could figure out about where in the machine timeline 3 AM would fall in the total time on the machine shown in the graphs. Is that correct?
no, set the time on the machine. 3am is 3am if your clock on the machine is set right.

Rmarvin wrote:I do see a session and end session time reported, but we always go to bed around 10 PM and she is usually on the machine by 10:30 PM give or take. However, these start and end times show as 00:05:30 give or take, in other words after midnight, which is not likely. I am left to conclude that these are times in the timeline of the machine in which the "session" is being tracked. Then why doesn't it start when she starts the machine? Is this related to the Ramp time? Does the session not start until it "senses" she is asleep?
see above.
Rmarvin wrote:Any information, or more importantly, direction to where the data is located would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
the data ... is located... on the sd card?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:48 pm

It sounds as if your ResMed clock is a couple hours fast and you will have to set it back. Review this thread for cautions in setting the ResMed time backward. You will have to enter the clinical menu to see and set the time.
viewtopic/t110892/DST-setting-clock-on- ... r-her.html

Rmarvin

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 pm

palerider

First thanks for the speedy reply. I hardly had a chance to find my post before I saw your reply.

Do you know how I find out how to set the time on machine? I looked at the "option" menu on the machine but nothing there reads anything about setting time.

Ah Ha moment - I think I remember reading something about pushing a button things at the same time on the machine to get into the machine set up mode. Boy I bet I can really get myself in trouble . . . Anyway, your help is appreciated and I know now that I need to dig a bit more into this issue.

BTW, I apologize that the closing sentence was confusing. I did not mean the "data" for the night's sleep, but the "data" (that is, information) on where to find the information on my timeline question was located. I can see now how my reference could be confusing.

Thanks again

Rmarvin

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Jay Aitchsee:

Thanks I will do exactly that, with due caution. Thanks a million.

Bob

Rmarvin

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 pm

Thank you everyone who replied. I was able to reset the time to the correct time. No change in day was required. The time was off an odd amount. It was 17:10 here now but the time said it was 18:31, didn't make a lot of sense to me. Anyway I will be anxious to see the effect on the Sleepyhead report tomorrow.

Thanks again for the assist and information.

Bob

Last edited by Rmarvin on Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Rmarvin wrote:Thank you everyone who replied. I was able to reset the time to the correct time. Not change in day was required. The time was off an odd amount. It was 17:10 here now but the time said it was 18:31, didn't make a lot of sense to me. Anyway I will be anxious to see the effect on the Sleepyhead report tomorrow.
the supplier probably just forgot to set it. plus, it drifts over time (like most non-internet connected clocks)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Rmarvin

Post by Rmarvin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:19 pm

I forgot in all my excitement about the time line being correct to let you all know it worked. Thanks again everyone, you were a tremendous help to me. Now I am concentrating of figuring out what the various graphs mean. I have questions, but first want to research them here before asking.

Thanks again.

Bob Marvin

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Rmarvin wrote:I forgot in all my excitement about the time line being correct to let you all know it worked. Thanks again everyone, you were a tremendous help to me. Now I am concentrating of figuring out what the various graphs mean. I have questions, but first want to research them here before asking.

Thanks again.

Bob Marvin
You might get some answers at "Pugsys Pointers" ...the first post at the top of the main page.