So Clean

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sharon1225

So Clean

Post by Sharon1225 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:03 am

Does anyone use this machine to clean your machine. I bought one but had to use their adapter lid for my machine, Med Res S 9. I am about ready to buy a new cpap and would prefer not to have to change lids. What cpap machines work with a So Clean without having to use an adapter?

What are some of the best cpaps on the market now? It's important for the machine to be quiet.

Okie bipap

Re: So Clean

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 am

Most of the people here do not use that machine. It does not clean, but does a questionable level of sterilization by using ozone. As far as new machines go, the ResMed S10 series or the Phillips Responics Dreamstation series are all very quiet when operating.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:20 am

Total waste of time and money.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:39 am

Get whichever cpap you like. (I recommend mine--see below)
Consider the SoClean a lesson learned, put it away, and forget about it.
Anyone can make a mistake; and their marketing is very effective--not so much the machine.

flightco

Post by flightco » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Sharon1225 wrote:Does anyone use this machine to clean your machine. I bought one but had to use their adapter lid for my machine, Med Res S 9. I am about ready to buy a new cpap and would prefer not to have to change lids. What cpap machines work with a So Clean without having to use an adapter?

What are some of the best cpaps on the market now? It's important for the machine to be quiet.
Just wondering, why do you think this machine cleans and how do you think it does it?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:48 pm

flightco wrote:
Sharon1225 wrote:Does anyone use this machine to clean your machine. I bought one but had to use their adapter lid for my machine, Med Res S 9. I am about ready to buy a new cpap and would prefer not to have to change lids. What cpap machines work with a So Clean without having to use an adapter?

Just wondering, why do you think this machine cleans and how do you think it does it?
SCRUBBING BUBBLES!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:50 pm

palerider wrote:
flightco wrote:

SCRUBBING BUBBLES!!!
The ones I've seen use Scrubbing Bullshi_! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:19 pm

Their advertising says it "cleans".
What? You mean some advertising is LIES? OMG!

jonny515

Post by jonny515 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:26 pm

The advertising I've heard on the radio (and it's pretty aggressive in that I've heard ads every hour or so) says that it kills (extra scary-- play scary music here) "CPAP germs". These are special to CPAP and don't exist in the known universe anywhere else. Also talks about the scary germs inside your mask and hose, but it sounds like it only works for your mask which isn't that hard to clean anyway (I found out it does "clean" your hose, or at least you can stick in the device, and let it do whatever it does).

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:05 pm

I do think it might sanitize but I am not really scared of my own germs. If I got poop on my hands I wouldn't just use hand sanitizer. I would want soap and water and a good scrubbing. Don't ask about the poop. It was just the grosses thing I could think of.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:38 pm

jonny515 wrote:The advertising I've heard on the radio (and it's pretty aggressive in that I've heard ads every hour or so) says that it kills (extra scary-- play scary music here) "CPAP germs". These are special to CPAP and don't exist in the known universe anywhere else. Also talks about the scary germs inside your mask and hose, but it sounds like it only works for your mask which isn't that hard to clean anyway (I found out it does "clean" your hose, or at least you can stick in the device, and let it do whatever it does).
Your comment begs the question; you said "I found out it does "clean" your hose, or at least you can stick in the device, and let it do whatever it does" Could you please tell me how you found this out? The machine does NOTHING to clean. Did you stick some peanut butter in the hose and run a cycle (sounds crazy, but this is the VA soil test required of vendors who sell medical instrument cleaning devices to the government)? Did you have a little mucus there at the end of the night and it was gone after using your NoClean. I actually apologize for being this way but what is wrong with people? How can you say you found this out? In fairness, you said clean, or whatever it does, how is that different from I found our it cleans, or not. even if the peanut butter was gone at the end of a cycle (which it would not be), where did it go? It is a closed loop system.

Ok, I need to apologize again, I am being an ass but there is something about people saying the SoClean cleans. Even if it vaporized the peanut butter, mucus, whatever, it would still be deposited back in your device. It does not clean, do a test and see if the stuff is gone when you are done and if it was gone, where did it go?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:52 pm

This apparatus "cleans" with what it calls activated oxygen, which is ozone. If you do a search on ozone, you will find the following statement about it: "Ozone is a powerful oxidant (far more so than dioxygen) and has many industrial and consumer applications related to oxidation. This same high oxidising potential, however, causes ozone to damage mucous and respiratory tissues in animals, and also tissues in plants, above concentrations of about 100 ppb." Personally, I would not want to have anything that generates ozone in my house. I have enough breathing problems.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Okie bipap wrote:This apparatus "cleans" with what it calls activated oxygen, which is ozone. If you do a search on ozone, you will find the following statement about it: "Ozone is a powerful oxidant (far more so than dioxygen) and has many industrial and consumer applications related to oxidation. This same high oxidising potential, however, causes ozone to damage mucous and respiratory tissues in animals, and also tissues in plants, above concentrations of about 100 ppb." Personally, I would not want to have anything that generates ozone in my house. I have enough breathing problems.
If you look up medical equipment that uses ozone, you will find a sterilizer but it requires added O2, and it does not clean, it uses oxidation to kill, not clean. If a 100K device requires additional O2 and does not have the ability to clean, I doubt very seriously that a 300.00 device that claims to make ozone from room air does very much at all. Again, how about a SoClean owner adding a small amount of something on their mask, stick it in the unit and see if it is still there at the end of the cycle. I am willing to bet it is still there and even if it is not, where is it, this is a closed loop, nothing trapping it and sending it outside of the system.

There is no medical device used in a hospital that uses ozone and claims to clean.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:17 pm

flightco wrote:Even if it vaporized the peanut butter, mucus, whatever, it would still be deposited back in your device. It does not clean, do a test and see if the stuff is gone when you are done and if it was gone, where did it go?
the scrubbin bubbles eats it!!!

then all you got is scrubbin bubbles poop all through your hose!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

flightco

Post by flightco » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:46 pm

palerider wrote:
flightco wrote:Even if it vaporized the peanut butter, mucus, whatever, it would still be deposited back in your device. It does not clean, do a test and see if the stuff is gone when you are done and if it was gone, where did it go?
the scrubbin bubbles eats it!!!

then all you got is scrubbin bubbles poop all through your hose!