A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyzzzz

A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots?

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 pm

So i posted an enormous amount of screenshots, and I understand it is overwhelming, i had a sleep doctor appointment and I brought all those screenshots printed, and asked if he could look at it, he said a sleep tech is the one who does that but he can't just bring him printed screenshots (or digital).

I'm wondering if you could recommend a for hire sleep tech to try to analyze my 209 screenshots that i already zoomed in the pre-arousal breathing and also zoomed out a 4mns airflow diagram. basically all collected from Oscar, i could email the screenshots, or even the SD card data.

thanks

Julie

Re: A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots?

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 pm

Why don't you trust people like Pugsy and Robysue1 to read them - they have huge experience and knowledge and can advise on any changes e.g. to pressures, etc. that might need doing. They don't need to read 100 charts to get the picture and I'm sure neither do outside sleep docs.
Last edited by Julie on Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:34 pm

OSCAR is not something with which practicing paid pros can officially involve themselves without taking on legal risk, since it is not endorsed by oversight bodies. Respected sleep docs have their own approved consensus-supported tests, tools, and rules.

PAP will not fix sleep arousals whose causes are unrelated to breathing. It just can't. In harmony with what Pugsy, Ozij, RobySue, and others have patiently explained to you, things like pain, stress, medicines, medicine-like substances, and other disease states can cause arousals in sleep that no amount of pressure-tweaking or OSCAR-interpreting can help titrate away.

Once your pressure(s) are optimized for sufficiently stabilizing your airway to the extent it can be, then the answers for better sleep will reside outside the realm of tweaking PAP pressures or monitoring sleep breathing with software. Proving that something is disturbing your breathing during sleep does NOT prove that something about your breathing is the cause of what software has recorded.

You may or may not find a pro or semi-pro willing to take your money while pretending to study your OSCAR printouts, but you may want to consider whether your sleep and your life may be better served by focusing on health goals and sleep-hygiene goals outside the sleep-breathing realm, things that can best be addressed by retiring your use of OSCAR. Like any powerful tool, OSCAR can be used for true good, but it can also do harm when misused or misunderstood.

Be assured that I and everyone here wish you all the best as you find ways to get better sleep and feel better.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

JOinPA

Post by JOinPA » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:13 pm

Yikes! I just saw your 3-page, hundreds of screenshots thread. I'm not experienced enough to be of help you to, but the others who responded to you are, and from my perspective,

You.
Just.
Don't.
Want.
To.
Hear.
What.
They.
Are.
Telling.
You.

I have no idea if he will be any good to you, but one of our members here offers a paid service to analyze this data. Since that is obviously the only thing that you want, and are willing to pay to have someone analyze your data, why don't you go there?

https://axgsleepdiagnostics.com/products/

Like Lazarus said above, I wish you the best of luck in solving your issues, and he gave you some excellent advice. Since you are dying to pay someone to pore through your screenshots, though, why not give the firm above a try? You don't want to hear what people hear are laying down. I don't mean to sound judgemental, but that's my observation. Since you don't want to hear what they are telling you and you want to pay someone to analyze your data, I suggest you stop posting here and have at it.

Let us know if you get anything helpful from the analysis, I'd like to know you are making progress. I really would. And the experts here would really like to know what you find out, if it is helpful to you, as well. Good luck!

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:24 pm

lazarus wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:34 pm
PAP will not fix sleep arousals whose causes are unrelated to breathing. It just can't. In harmony with what Pugsy, Ozij, RobySue, and others have patiently explained to you, things like pain, stress, medicines, medicine-like substances, and other disease states can cause arousals in sleep that no amount of pressure-tweaking or OSCAR-interpreting can help titrate away.
For the curious, this thread is what Lazarus and JOinPA are referring to.
viewtopic/t186299/Dont-know-where-else- ... eeded.html

To the OP:
Be assured that I and everyone here wish you all the best as you find ways to get better sleep and feel better.
Indeed.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:01 pm

Appreciate all the comments, just FYI, you can track previous normal posts and responses to few years back, I "was/am" hearing .

To summarize, and maybe simplify , for the experienced opinionated people, my current settings are
S MODE EPAP 12 PS 5
Trigger: high
Cycle: med
Timin: 0.5
Timax: 1

So it's a simple question , is this the best optimization setting for my case ? Apart from what the real issue is, and the mysterious underlying cause, I'm not asking for that, I'm asking what are the best settings that could do the most "help" not fix totally my issue.

If you can answer this question without looking at the 200 screenshot, please let me know and I appreciate your advice.

If your answer is anything else other than yes or no (best settings to try would be 1, 2 and 3) then again thanks but don't waste your precious time " trying to help" its not helping.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:18 pm

As recommended above:
Contact https://axgsleepdiagnostics.com/products/.
This professional sleep tech analyses your OSCAR results. He does that for a living. You send him your sleep data, he decides what to zoon on and what it means.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:48 pm

sleepyzzzz wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:01 pm
Appreciate all the comments, just FYI, you can track previous normal posts and responses to few years back, I "was/am" hearing .

To summarize, and maybe simplify , for the experienced opinionated people, my current settings are
S MODE EPAP 12 PS 5
Trigger: high
Cycle: med
Timin: 0.5
Timax: 1

So it's a simple question , is this the best optimization setting for my case ? Apart from what the real issue is, and the mysterious underlying cause, I'm not asking for that, I'm asking what are the best settings that could do the most "help" not fix totally my issue.

If you can answer this question without looking at the 200 screenshot, please let me know and I appreciate your advice.

If your answer is anything else other than yes or no (best settings to try would be 1, 2 and 3) then again thanks but don't waste your precious time " trying to help" its not helping.
Nobody's going to waste their time trying to battle your pre-determined conclusions and attitude.

Instead of saying "hey, I'd like some advice" *AFTER* reading the instructions to new people, you come in and post what YOU think people want to look at, a flood of mostly irrelevant screenshots.

Try asking what people WANT to look at, and try going from there.

You want a someone to look at hundreds of screenshots you did and try and *GUESS* what was in your head and why you thought that was something worth pointing out? It's going to cost you a lot of money.

But, nevermind, you've already made up your mind.

PS, why is your TiMax so short?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:41 am

It's hard when we have no clear explanation for something we are going through. Been there. I am not in the know regarding your history of posts here, so at the risk of being repititious, I'd like to ask if you are certain you don't have a jumpy legs issue, as in Periodic Limb Movement Disorder? Limb movements can cause arousals. As others have said, pain issues and medication side effects can also cause arousals. After years of extremely fractured sleep from untreated sleep apnea, limb movements, and medication side effects, my brain had to relearn how to sleep. It took a long concentrated trial-and-error effort, but in the end I did make significant progress. These days my sleep is still bad, but I know why - pain. I'm grateful for the good folks on here who hand-held me for a long time, even when my issues were not breathing related. I trust the core group here. They won't steer you wrong and will jump in if anyone tries to. I hope you find answers, and if not, at least make peace with finding some solutions that make your sleep the best it can be.

sauerkraut

Post by sauerkraut » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:48 am

This guy has the same problem over on the Other Well Known Apnea Site !!

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:27 am

sauerkraut wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:48 am
This guy has the same problem over on the Other Well Known Apnea Site !!
His thread there has been shut down by a mod because he won't do as he's been repeatedly ask to. Different rules here, but same exasperation.

To the OP: as a courtesy to other users of this forum, could you remove your attachments? That will make room for other people to post charts, since the room for attachments on this site is limited. I clean mine out regularly.

It's easy to do. Just click on your user name in the upper right corner of the home page, then select User Control Panel. On the left, select Manage Attachments. Then check the boxes for your attachments and click on Delete. You will be asked to confirm the deletion; be sure to take that last step.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:44 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:27 am
To the OP: as a courtesy to other users of this forum, could you remove your attachments? That will make room for other people to post charts, since the room for attachments on this site is limited. I clean mine out regularly.
The images (at least the handful I checked) are on imgur.com and not stored in the forum attachments so I don't think his removing those images will impact the forum attachment storage.

Obviously I didn't check them all but what I saw was hosted on imgur and not this forum attachment storage.

Side note to anyone curious how to figure out where images are hosted....if you right click your mouse on the image and choose "open in another tab" the go to where it opens you can see if it is imgur hosted for forum hosted by looking at the url addy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:48 am

Over a HUNDRED attachments?
EDITED:
At least he didn't clog up the forum queue.
But what's the use of looking if he just won't listen?

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:54 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:48 am
Over a HUNDRED attachments?
Is this guy honestly seeking help; or just wants to
prevent the forum from working for others?
Sounds like a really selfish SOB . . .
He didn't use the forum attachment feature. He used imgur and just embedded the images.
Any image hosted on imgur or some place else on the internet does NOT affect the forum storage so it's NOT affecting someone else's ability to not use the attachment feature because the storage is full.

He could delete every image he embedded from imgur and it would NOT affect the forum storage and the storage would still be maxed out and full.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:56 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:27 am
His thread there has been shut down by a mod because he won't do as he's been repeatedly ask to. Different rules here, but same exasperation.
I am curious...did he come here after they shut him down at the other forum?