Severe mixed apnea at the age of 35

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rubicon

Re: Severe mixed apnea with 35

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:16 pm

Herbert wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:14 pm
Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:02 pm
Can you change HR scale to 30-90?
unfortunately not with the app I have. but you can give me a time and in can zoom in.
Nah that's OK.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:39 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:15 pm
Also what's the Covid story. Severity, oxygen, ventilator, etc. Specific lung involvement.
my pneumologist had me tested on lung function and said everything looks as it should my age. my covid infection was mild. but as it turns out that's not a guarantee against long covid as LC is mostly caused by some failure of the immune system. as far is I understand it at elast

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:42 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:16 pm
Herbert wrote:
Rubicon wrote:
unfortunately not with the app I have. but you can give me a time and in can zoom in.
Nah that's OK.
meaning you can see what you want already?! any insights in terms of heart rate and pb?

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:56 pm

one more thing of which I'm not sure if there's correlation and if yes in which direction: often my heart rate goes up exactly when saturation is going down. e.g. on the 27th at 2:08:27 am and right afterwards at 2:16:02. I mean it's clear that desaturations cause higher heart rates e ause the body wants to compensate. but these desats are only from 97% to 95%, so not really a lot.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:09 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:53 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:49 pm

Ahhh...our old friend crappy sleep from maybe some spontaneous arousal stuff????
It does beg the question "why the crappy sleep"...which came first the instability or the arousal??
The instability is always there, you just need a disturbance to trigger the cascade. I'll find a couple good ones.
This kinda looks typical:

He's like underlying CompSAS, poke it with a stick and it triggers a chain.
Experience slips away.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:11 pm

Herbert wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:42 pm
Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:16 pm
Herbert wrote:
Rubicon wrote:
Nah that's OK.
meaning you can see what you want already?! any insights in terms of heart rate and pb?
It's overall fairly apparent, but magnifying junk just gets you magnified junk. Not important, would have been interesting.
Experience slips away.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:09 pm
Ahhh...is this where cpap helped somewhat with the bulk of the centrals but unable to deal with the underlying instability which is easily triggered by the poking?????

Is there any hope that this instability will eventually resolve itself with more time using cpap as opposed to ASV which the OP is very nervous about going down that road???

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm

Herbert wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:39 pm
my covid infection was mild. but as it turns out that's not a guarantee against long covid ...
Wouldn't be the first stone I'd be turning over, but hey, it's your euro.
Experience slips away.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:27 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:19 pm
Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:09 pm
Ahhh...is this where cpap helped somewhat with the bulk of the centrals but unable to deal with the underlying instability which is easily triggered by the poking?????

Is there any hope that this instability will eventually resolve itself with more time using cpap as opposed to ASV which the OP is very nervous about going down that road???
IDK what he has for insurance but if it's like ours he won't qualify. There's virtually no scorable events.

And although it looks weird, is it really a problem? In reviewing page by page he does appear to have a lot of arousals, but sats are good. If all we're doing is making a pretty waveform, what have we actually done?

And honestly, upon initial review I thought he'd be on major ADM. And not for nothin', the NPSGs are missing a lot of REM.

Just sayin'...
Experience slips away.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:02 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:27 pm
And although it looks weird, is it really a problem?
His docs are telling him it isn't a problem and won't do anything since they aren't concerned.
Now he is being a worry wart about it....so it is a problem for him in that aspect of things.
He has already been told "idiopathic central apnea" as well...so the docs are scratching their head as well.
Rubicon wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:27 pm
upon initial review I thought he'd be on major ADM. And not for nothin', the NPSGs are missing a lot of REM.

Could it be that he simply isn't/wasn't getting REM because the arousals broke up the sleep stage progression??

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 am

happy to see that discussion went on after I went to bed. sorry, timeshift is not helping here. on what you discussed:

- "poke it with a stick..": yep that's wahr it feels like
- my insurance: is not that much of a thing here. if I can get the doctor to prescribe asv, the insurance will not block it. but I'm not sure if I want, if it improves my sleep and if I can get the doctor to do so, as I'm not having a lot of events
- I still think the overall instability might be related to covid, as I can't remember having these kind of problems in the past
- Regarding REM: what you've discussed and observed really fits well with what even my smartwatch is telling me every morning (please don't stone me cause I bring that device up, I know its fairly bad to measure sleep stages, but it's my only source at home). the watch says I get to few rem most nights and that when I wake up, it's always out of REM. Is there any suspected cause for my arousals kicking in in REM? at least CPAP seems to improve my REM over the course of the studies as my REM seemed to improve. hope this is a trend...what else can I do?

But the most important finding of recent nights is:
As suggested by you and my sleep doc as well I was testing a bit what pressure changes do. and even though I'm only on the second night of turning down to 6, I suspect a clear trend. while I was on 7 my stats were on 97% and min. sat 94% for like every single night (15that I measured in total). now that I turned down to 6 I see that average sat went down to 96% and mins to 92%, even 90% the night before. I will continue with 6 for a few nights. but if this proves to be true, to me it would clearly confirm that indeed there is an obstructive component to my problem. do you agree?

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:27 am

and one more thing: as I'm in the office at work today I will only be able to upload the data of my machine and o2 ring tonight. hope you can have a look on it. you probably find some details which proof or deny my theory about obstructions. BTW this is such a big thing to me, as my fear was, that every was central

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:35 am

Herbert wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:27 am
and one more thing: as I'm in the office at work today I will only be able to upload the data of my machine and o2 ring tonight. hope you can have a look on it. you probably find some details which proof or deny my theory about obstructions. BTW this is such a big thing to me, as my fear was, that every was central
You'd REALLY be much better off if you'd quit obsessing about trivialities.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Herbert

Post by Herbert » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:44 am

palerider wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:35 am
Herbert wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:27 am
You'd REALLY be much better off if you'd quit obsessing about trivialities.
I would be glad if it was only trivialities. as mentioned I don't feel well rested in the mornings. so I guess there has to be room for improvement. if you have other suggestions on how to improve my sleep, I'm very eager to know.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:29 am

Herbert wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 am

As suggested by you ... turning down to 6...
That's not what I suggested.
Experience slips away.