Headaches Caused by Headgear?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Headaches Caused by Headgear?

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Have you tried stretching the headgear over a football (or something similar?
I believe someone did this on some other mask (Pilairo?)
---before the company wised up and created an adjustable version of their headgear.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Don't buy anything....yet anyway.

I have my own "used" short hose and Bella Loops you can try.....if you like it and it works out...then you can buy (online for new) the short hose and Loops to go with the nasal pillows I can send....then send my used hose and Loops back to me.
If you hate it and it won't work...then send mine back and all you are out is postage which isn't all that much.
I normally use USPS Priority boxes so that I get free insurance and tracking. A little less than $6.
If I bought a box and added tracking and insurance I am out about the same amount of money. Priority is easy and fast...one trip to the post office only.

The new unused nasal pillows that I can send...yours to do with whatever you want. If you end up hating them...send them back to me or offer for free on the forum. I just don't want to have them go to waste.

Or if it freaks you out to use my used hose and Loops...I totally would understand...go ahead and buy from EBay and I will still send the pillows.

Send me a PM with your name and shipping and whatever you decide you want to try.

Now I do have pets in my household but I store my gear in a plastic tote and this particular hose and Loops has also been stored in a ziploc bag. I just found it...had forgotten that I even had it. I will still wash the hose and Loops but you would want to do your own washing also. I am the same way when I get used stuff.
But even with washing and careful storage...the pets are there but they don't mess with my stuff but if you are highly allergic then of course you wouldn't want to risk it. What I normally do is wash and then take items outside to dry and package them up outside for final shipping to lessen the chance of pet dander being a problem.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BuddhaCat

Post by BuddhaCat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:another thought that might or might not be part to blame...have you adjusted the humidifier setting lately? Personally, I'm good at 2, maybe 3...but if I get up to 4 or 5, I get NASTY headaches.
Great point, TL. I just checked. It was on "3," but I turned it down to 2. I wonder why humidity has that effect?

Thanks!

To someone with OSA, this saying takes on a whole new meaning:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

BuddhaCat

Post by BuddhaCat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:35 pm

IreneN wrote:Or you could buy the Bella complete mask from cpap.com and get the return insurance for $12.30. That way, if you don't like it, you can send it back and it only cost you the return insurance price. But, of course, if you do like it, it's more expensive that way.
Thanks, IreneN! Good to know . . .

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

BuddhaCat

Post by BuddhaCat » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:37 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Have you tried stretching the headgear over a football (or something similar?
I believe someone did this on some other mask (Pilairo?)
---before the company wised up and created an adjustable version of their headgear.
Hi chunkyfrog! I did stretch it over the head of a really large white teddy bear before using it, but maybe I should do it again. Thanks!!