Mirage Quattro Air update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Denial Dave

Mirage Quattro Air update

Post by Denial Dave » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:13 am

I'm still working with the Air mask.... I have not perfected the use of it yet. But I'm a lot closer now that I have received pada cheek liners for it.

Major leaks have been a non-issue with the Quattro Air for me... My problem with the mask has been with sleep wakening face farts near the bridge of the nose that occur 3-4 hours after going to bed. Even with those wakening face fart events, my leaks have been under 15ml.

padacheek liners seem to have resolved my face farts! I need some cooler nights with lower humidity to be sure

We don't have air conditioning, so the high humidity here in the northeast is wreaking havoc with maintaining seals on any mask that I use right now. Sweating while sleeping does not make for good seals... LOL

One trick that I've figured out on the Quattro Air mask is to press the flexible forehead part flat against my forehead and then I tighten / set the upper straps accordingly to JUST hold the forehead piece flat on my forehead.

Then I set my lower straps to the level of tightness that I need.

once the lower ones are set, I then loosen the upper straps as needed.

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

grillhead

Re: Mirage Quattro Air update

Post by grillhead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:58 pm

How's it going with the Quattro Air and the liners? I have this mask and like it except for eye leaks. I can get it to stop but it has to be tightened way too tight. I'm considering getting a Padacheek liner to see if it would help with that (My issue seems to be that at the widest part of the mask, it teeter-totters on my cheek bones, and that's how I get the leaks). Anyways, just curious to see how it's going!

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Since I added Padacheek liners to the mask, I have not had any major leaks.

I have face farts after about 4-5 hours of wearing the mask. I'm attributing it to facial muscle relaxation while sleeping and the high humidity here in CT.... it was 77% humidity in our house today at 5AM..... the cool front has arrived and the humidty is gone.... I've got my fingers crossed that the face farts are gone too..

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

grillhead

Post by grillhead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Do you have to pull it very tight or are you able to leave it looser on your face?

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:16 pm

I get the face farts when I roll over onto my back--gravity is not kind to my face muscles. If lying on my side, I just push my face into the pillow to stop them when they occur.

You might try adjusting the mask at your highest pressure--probably what's happening is that in REM sleep the pressure goes way up and blows the seal you achieve at lower pressures.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm

I have liked the Quattro Air from the start. I find that the PadACheek liners did help with quieting the leaks. My leaks are presently below 20 which for me is a very low number. I think each of us has a different amount of roundness to our faces. For my face the Quattro Air is the best I have found and the PadACheek liners make it even nicer. Money well spent.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 pm

I have the straps on the Quattro Air much looser than what I need when wearing the Quattro standard ffm.

grillhead

Post by grillhead » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:20 pm

The PAC website shows the Quattro Air liners are still in development. Did you contact her directly to order these?

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Yes, call or email Karen & she will give you instructions on how to order one. She is not
In production mode yet, so she is personally making each one for now.

Jack Crosby

Post by Jack Crosby » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

Good to hear the straps were banle to be looser. Any headaches? Thanks for referring me to that thread!

old dude

Post by old dude » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:34 am

I have the strangest problem with the Quattro Air, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. After a time of usage of an hour or so, my lower lip comes out of the mask completely. This of course exposes my mouth with predictable results. Even though I have a big head and face, I think the mask is big enough (Large size) but my lip just won't stay in.

Any thoughts?

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:14 am

old dude wrote:I have the strangest problem with the Quattro Air, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. After a time of usage of an hour or so, my lower lip comes out of the mask completely. This of course exposes my mouth with predictable results. Even though I have a big head and face, I think the mask is big enough (Large size) but my lip just won't stay in.

Any thoughts?
You might make your own extra strap by making an extra strap that goes from one bottom strap to the other under your chin. You could just try tying a ribbon there. It will help hold your chin up and the mask down.