Frustration: aerophagia & pillow rainout

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JustTia

Re: Frustration: aerophagia & pillow rainout

Post by JustTia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Nah, it's not from washing them. LOL! I mean, I do keep them clean with a baby wipe but don't dunk them and suds them up but once a week or so. And they are completely dry when I put them on. If they haven't dried entirely from the previous night's water, I get a q-tip and gently dry the insides. The water mostly sits in between the double wall of the funnel part.

I guess I'll try raising the temp on the climateline. I so hate breathing hot air. The only reason I bought the climateline was this issue - there's never rainout in the hose. Not even in the short hose on the mask. All the rainout occurs in the barrel, and even that is pretty much entirely inside the double-wall funnel part. I'm apparently very well-hydrated. Or I run hot when sleeping, not sure which, LOL! It may just be something that I have to live with and call it "good enough" because I'm happy with my set-up otherwise. I kind of dread getting a cold at some point and not being able to breathe through my nose because I still don't have a good ffm backup option, but I'm happy with this for my day-to-day.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Maybe you just need a degree or two more on the climateline to prevent the condensation. I will cross my fingers for you.
I know what you mean about the temp though. I like the warm air in the winter but I want cooler air in the summer but I need max humidity or my nasal mucosa throw a big stinking fit.

The moisture won't hurt you but I know it is annoying because it can wake you up and anything that wakes us up is unwanted.
I almost always have a little bit of moisture in my nasal pillow in the AM but it isn't enough to wake me up so I don't worry about it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:34 pm

JustTia wrote:A few of the OA's that are being recorded are actually when I took the mask off because I had woken up. I have auto start/stop enabled, so I take it off and it just blows mad air for a few seconds before it figures out that I'm not wearing it, lol. Oddly enough, these times don't make a blip on the leak rate at all. Go figure.
the s9 series is smart enough to say "oh, they took their mask off, this isn't an event, and it isn't a leak, we'll just turn off and report nothing".

it sholdn't be reporting an oa when you unmask, unless you're holding your breath or something just before you do.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JustTia

Post by JustTia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 pm

palerider wrote:
JustTia wrote:A few of the OA's that are being recorded are actually when I took the mask off because I had woken up. I have auto start/stop enabled, so I take it off and it just blows mad air for a few seconds before it figures out that I'm not wearing it, lol. Oddly enough, these times don't make a blip on the leak rate at all. Go figure.
the s9 series is smart enough to say "oh, they took their mask off, this isn't an event, and it isn't a leak, we'll just turn off and report nothing".

it sholdn't be reporting an oa when you unmask, unless you're holding your breath or something just before you do.
I hadn't thought about it. Maybe I'm subconsciously holding my breath as I take off the chin strap and then the mask.

Board culture. Learn it. Embrace it.