OT: New Sleep Number Adjustable Frame Quits

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
islandboy5150

OT: New Sleep Number Adjustable Frame Quits

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 am

Hi everybody, Can't sleep, so thought I would post this, and see if anyone else has had any experience with these? About six months ago, I bought a queen size sleep number matress with an adjustable bed frame. The frame would raise your legs or your head, or both if you wanted it to. I had six vertbrae fuzed a year ago, and needed the support. Lying flat or on my side or stomach kills my back, this was a huge help......until tonight.
I picked up the remote to raise the head, and it wouldnt work. The remote lit up for a split second, then went dark. I asssumed it ws the batteries, 4 AAA's. So, I went to replace the batteries. As I took out the last one, one of the little metal contacts just fell out onto the counter. Like it was supposed to be soldered in, but wasn't. It looks like it never was soldered in, but somehow made good enough contact to work every night until tonight. Now, it wont activate or light up unless I wiggle the contact once the batteries are put in. Even when it does light up and give an indication of adjusting the bed (it flashes a series of LED segments indicative of the head or the foot of the bed), the frame doesnt do squat. Nothing. I'm suspecting the remote is faulty, even when the battery contact is making contact with the PC board inside.
Really frosts my flakes I tell you! I spent 3500 on this piece of garbage. I say its garbage, because it quit on me in six months. I dont think thats unreasonable as an observation. But, at the same time, my back kills me to lay flat, and thats where the frame is set to unfortuantely. Ughhhh. Thanks for letting me vent.

49er

Re: OT: New Sleep Number Adjustable Frame Quits

Post by 49er » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:57 am

islandboy5150 wrote:Hi everybody, Can't sleep, so thought I would post this, and see if anyone else has had any experience with these? About six months ago, I bought a queen size sleep number matress with an adjustable bed frame. The frame would raise your legs or your head, or both if you wanted it to. I had six vertbrae fuzed a year ago, and needed the support. Lying flat or on my side or stomach kills my back, this was a huge help......until tonight.
I picked up the remote to raise the head, and it wouldnt work. The remote lit up for a split second, then went dark. I asssumed it ws the batteries, 4 AAA's. So, I went to replace the batteries. As I took out the last one, one of the little metal contacts just fell out onto the counter. Like it was supposed to be soldered in, but wasn't. It looks like it never was soldered in, but somehow made good enough contact to work every night until tonight. Now, it wont activate or light up unless I wiggle the contact once the batteries are put in. Even when it does light up and give an indication of adjusting the bed (it flashes a series of LED segments indicative of the head or the foot of the bed), the frame doesnt do squat. Nothing. I'm suspecting the remote is faulty, even when the battery contact is making contact with the PC board inside.
Really frosts my flakes I tell you! I spent 3500 on this piece of garbage. I say its garbage, because it quit on me in six months. I dont think thats unreasonable as an observation. But, at the same time, my back kills me to lay flat, and thats where the frame is set to unfortuantely. Ughhhh. Thanks for letting me vent.
islandboy5150,

I am sorry your adjustable bed is experiencing failure after only 6 months. I would really be upset also.

Have you contacted the company and if so, what do they say? What is the warranty policy?

49er

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm

That's really sad news! There has to be some sort of warranty on your bed - contact the place where you bought your bed.

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Sleep Number is kind of a crap company (IMHO). You can't return the adjustable bases. Their mattresses themselves are very expensive and the return policy is not as good as they imply it is.

We had an I10 split king mattress with adjustable foundation. I would never buy a split bed unless its a foam bed again. Cuddling is out the door on a split I series bed. I returned my half and went with a local operator Sleep Train and a Tempurpedic Cloud Lux. I am much happier. My wife wanted the adjustable air pressure and stayed with Sleep Number. If they had the Tempur Choice she would have left Sleep number as well.

We got screwed in the return process but I am glad I am through with them.

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9