H5i Humdifier Issue

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
HerdingDogRescuer

H5i Humdifier Issue

Post by HerdingDogRescuer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Howdy All,

There seems to be an issue with my H5i humidifier chamber. When I clean the chamber top and bottom by immersing it in either a mild soapy solution or a vinegar/water solution I cannot get the top and bottom to seat properly together. It's appears that the gasket swells as the tabs on the top do not line up with the slots in the side flaps on the bottom portion. The slots appear lower than the tabs by several millimeters. This does not happen when I just wash it quickly under the flow of the faucet. I am concerned as I seem to have to force the flaps up to close it and I think it will eventually break. This occurs even when I let it air dry for 6-8 hours.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to sanitize without soaking?

Thanks,

HDR
Machine: Resmed S9
Humidifier: H5i
Mask: Nasal
Pressures: 8.5 ish avg

StuUnderPressure

Re: H5i Humdifier Issue

Post by StuUnderPressure » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:47 pm

The somewhat clear band around the bottom of the tub sometimes slips down just a tad & then the holes won't line up with the tabs.

Go around the entire band pulling it as far "up" as it will go.
Everything should line up perfectly after you do that.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Never had that issue, but good to know. I use filtered water, not distilled, and when a I get a mineral build up on the bottom of the tank, I use Kaboom and it cleanes it like new. It's all natural, no foul odor, not an irritant, and works great. A few squirts, and light rubbing with my fingers and the most stubborn dried up rough chalky mineral deposits come right off. And the tank is squeaky clean, after a good rinse.

HerdingDogRescuer

Post by HerdingDogRescuer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:12 pm

@Stu---Thanks! Don't know why I missed that. That band on the lower section does slip up and down. Problem solved.

@Islandboy--I use distilled and do not get any scale or buildup. I live in a hard water area and even with a softener and filter I see scale on everything around here. The distilled is cheap enough. A gallon has lasted me almost 2 weeks. I've learned that I only use less than half of the humidifier volume, so I have only been filling it less than halfway and that conserves on the distilled. I foresee a gallon last me now almost a month.
Machine: Resmed S9
Humidifier: H5i
Mask: Nasal
Pressures: 8.5 ish avg

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:23 pm

HerdingDogRescuer wrote:@Stu---Thanks! Don't know why I missed that. That band on the lower section does slip up and down. Problem solved.
When you are having the problem, it sure looks like it is the gasket that is just not going in all the way & keeping the tabs from easily snapping into the band.

But, as you now know, it is the band that is the culprit.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html