What's The Best Full Face Mask In Your Opinion?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AstralSurfer11

What's The Best Full Face Mask In Your Opinion?

Post by AstralSurfer11 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 am

Hey everyone,

I mouth leak whenever I use nasal pillows so I'm going to switch to full face mask. I've used the Mirage Quattro in the past but I didn't really get results with it.

I was wondering which one you guys think is best. Sorry if there's already a thread on this, if there is one if someone could link me to it I'd be grateful.

Thank you!

Julie

Re: What's The Best Full Face Mask In Your Opinion?

Post by Julie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:32 am

Just put key words in the search bar...

And the best mask is the one that fits YOU and works for you.

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:01 pm

A lot of people seem to like the F&P Simplus model.

I like it too! Well made, and good seal. Cushion is relatively inexpensive to replace, and seems to last a while.

Easy to clean, and quite silent (vents). Currently heavily discounted on cpap.com

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

I use the Simplus for several months, but now use the Amara View which I like better. As previously stated, the best mask is what works for you. Every one has differences in the shape of their face and what position they sleep in. What works for one person may not work for someone else.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Try the Resmed F10. When it first came out, cpap.com could not keep them on the shelf. I don't know if that's still the case. The good thing about the F10 is it doesn't have a nasty fore head brace.
Sheriff

flightco

Post by flightco » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:55 pm

I have been using the F20 for a couple weeks; not sure I am completely sold on it but as I am getting used to it, it seems to be getting better and better.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

AstralSurfer11 wrote:Hey everyone,

I mouth leak whenever I use nasal pillows so I'm going to switch to full face mask. I've used the Mirage Quattro in the past but I didn't really get results with it.

I was wondering which one you guys think is best. Sorry if there's already a thread on this, if there is one if someone could link me to it I'd be grateful.

Thank you!
If you go to cpap.com and click on the masks, you will find hundreds of reviews on each mask.
https://www.cpap.com/cpap-masks/full-face-cpap-mask.php

SleepyBobR

Post by SleepyBobR » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:41 pm

I use both the P&K Simplus and the Resmed Quattro. Both are good. The Simplus is easiest to take off and on and very easy to clean. It is comfortable and doesn't leak. However, it doesn't hold my mouth closed very well so I swallow a lot of air which causes discomfort, sometimes quite bad. The Quattro is more fussy with the forehead adjustment and harder to clean. It is very comfortable when properly adjusted and doesn't leak. It also holds my mouth closed better so I swallow much less air which is a major advantage. Biggest problem with the Quattro, which I haven't been able to solve, is it hurts the bridge of my nose so I can only wear for a few days then have to let the bruises heal. I haven't tried the newest ResMed mask. Maybe it will be better.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:35 pm

I prefer a nasal pillows mask but couldn't agree more with those who say...
Julie wrote:the best mask is the one that fits YOU and works for you.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:19 pm

flightco wrote:I have been using the F20 for a couple weeks; not sure I am completely sold on it but as I am getting used to it, it seems to be getting better and better.
Flight: I was just checking out the F20. To me, it looks like a beefed-up F10. Is that your impression?
Sheriff

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:15 pm

The one that fits and works for you.

Most users list what mask they are using, that is the one they currently find best.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Here's the thing. What works for me (F&P 431) may NOT work for you. And what works for you may not work for me. I have tried a LOT of FFM masks and always come back to the 431. I tried the Simplus and used it for a while, but ultimately went back to the 431.

There are several people that will tell you the 431 is crap and worthless and maybe to them, that's true. But it's the ONLY FFM I've ever used consistently so...crap or not, it works for me.

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

In my opinion, the F&P Simplus mask has a few advantages compared to the Resmed F10 or F20:

* the hose elbow moves in all directions (ball type). The Resmed connector just rotate
* the exhaust holes on the Simplus are better located (high). The Resmed exhaust holes are located around the hose elbow, and therefore can be felt a lot more

Alexspin

Post by Alexspin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
flightco wrote:I have been using the F20 for a couple weeks; not sure I am completely sold on it but as I am getting used to it, it seems to be getting better and better.
Flight: I was just checking out the F20. To me, it looks like a beefed-up F10. Is that your impression?
Sheriff
I used the Quattro for a year with the ResMed 10, it's also cutting into my face so now I'm trying the F20 but it has a different elbow to the tube and I find I may not breathe as well. I'll wait a while and then maybe go in to Reliable Respiratory and get fitted and maybe exchange them.

Alexspin

Post by Alexspin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Sheriff
I used the Quattro for a year with the ResMed 10, it's also cutting into my face so now I'm trying the F20 but it has a different elbow to the tube and I find I may not breathe as well. I'll wait a while and then maybe go in to Reliable Respiratory and get fitted and maybe exchange them.

Alex