SleepyHead Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepyBobR

SleepyHead Question

Post by SleepyBobR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 am

I have recently loaded SleepyHead and have used it for a week on my Mac, reporting data from my new ResMed AutoSet For Her. In reading various threads on the forum I see references to periodic breathing along with graphs showing PB events flagged in the Event Flags graph. I do not see any reference to PB in my version of the software and am wondering how to find and/or enable it. I am using SleepyHead version v1.0.0-beta-2/revision cb213cc on my Mac running MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. I have also downloaded the software on my Windows 10 PC same version as on the Mac and it has nothing related to PB either. Is there another version that I should be using or is it hidden in there somewhere that I'm not seeing? I have searched the forum a bit for this and didn't find anything.

Jay Aitchsee

Re: SleepyHead Question

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Bob, while waiting for someone to come along who knows, I think your Airsense 10, if that's what you have, reports CSR (Cheyne-Stokes respiration) which is a specific form of periodic breathing. Other brands of machines, I think, report more general forms of periodic breathing which is reported as CSR (but is not necessarily) by Sleepyhead. See your clinician's manual for more on CSR reporting.