swift nano question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
herefishy

swift nano question

Post by herefishy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:15 pm

I thought maybe I could get by with a nano cushion to attach to my fx headgear, but it moves around too much when I do and I just wondered if a mask liner might help. I would like to make it work, since it is so light and non intrusive compared to my old standby activa.

pbriggs

Re: swift nano question

Post by pbriggs » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm

I guess I am not sure which headset you have - it is this onee? https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

ems

Post by ems » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Unless I misunderstood Pugsy, I'm pretty sure she said that you could use the Nano cushion with the FX headgear. I'm not sure about a liner... where would it go?? I ordered a Nano a while ago and looking forward to getting it. Maybe you need a few nights of adjusting it... tighter, looser, etc.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

pbriggs

Post by pbriggs » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:07 pm

I currently use the FX nano with the standard FX headgear that I liked to above. My wife is using the swift fx naal pillow and her headgear is the same as what I have.(https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html) Previsouly I was using the mirage FX nasal mask. (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Resmed ... dgear.html). The nano will not with the mirage FX headset - so it depends on the "FX" system being used.

My pressure is high at 14 and the mask does a good job of staying in place. I have a real hard time at first - I had it too tight - needed to adjust the top strap over the head so that the strap was just, and I mean just above my ear. Then I adjusted the back strap with the air on laying on my side (I tend to sleep on my side) I found this worked well for me.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I was able to use the Nano cushion with the Swift FX head gear without any stability issues.
But then other than very minor back strap slipping on occasion, I never had any issue with the Swift FX moving around much either
The pillows didn't move and when I tried the Nano cushion it didn't move either so I haven't thought about what might be used to help keep the Nano cushion from moving around. I would think it wouldn't move much unless the fit was less than optimal if the back strap wasn't the culprit.
I suppose someone could try some sort of homemade TShirt material liner just to get an idea. I have never used a mask other than a nasal pillow mask and the brief time with the Nano...so I am zero help when it comes to liners other than to suggest that someone give it a try to see if it helps.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:30 pm

OK, I'll just try some tshirt material with a hole in the middle.