Bewildered--Every mask I get---

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Bewildered--Every mask I get---

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 am

Masks start out okay--then they just dont work. Newest one--res med airtouch 20--pushes up into eyes and causes bags. Dont want that. Almost time to try a new mask. Is there a nasal pillow mask (i find pillows are the most comfortable) out there with decent head gear that actually works and does not leave marks?

knothead

Re: Bewildered--Every mask I get---

Post by knothead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 am

How was your cruise using your cpap equipment? I know you were concerned...

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 am

Bad--around 2am I had to take it off. Waste of time hauling all that stuff. I am a mask failure and dont know how to get past it.

knothead

Post by knothead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 am

You can look at it as a failure, or you can look at it as a challenge, your choice. Call it tough love, but your the only one that can fix your problem. You have had tons of great options and examples on how to work with and around your mask problems. Its that simple. I wish you luck...

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:51 am

Why did you take it off at 2am?

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 am

It slipped out of my nose. The ff mask make bags under my eyes. You are right--my job to get my act together.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 am

OMG- are you kidding me???? It slipped off your nose, so you took it off. That's just an excuse. Last night, I woke up 3 times with the long hose wrapped around my neck- I unwrapped it and went back to bed. AND, I woke up several times later because the exhaust vent was blowing in my eyes. Adjust the mask, and go back to sleep. My AHI was 1.2 so I consider that a success.
YOU have to decide how much you want treatment and to recover. Strap marks and puffy eyes are the most lame excuses to not use your machine. Get over the vanity, and put in the work.
Suck it up buttercup and save your health. If you fail, it is because you give up.

And, BTY, I travel frequently. It is no problem taking my equipment. I just went on a cruise and took TWO cpap's with me, I wasn't getting on that ship without a back up. If you WANT to do it, you will find a way.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:12 am

TY card for telling me how it is. I am a bad sleeper period. All this stuff Ion my face makes it all worse. Must get it right

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 am

When your head is on the pillow- you MUST have your mask on the entire time.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:24 pm

Cardsfan wrote:OMG- are you kidding me???? It slipped off your nose, so you took it off. That's just an excuse. Last night, I woke up 3 times with the long hose wrapped around my neck- I unwrapped it and went back to bed. AND, I woke up several times later because the exhaust vent was blowing in my eyes. Adjust the mask, and go back to sleep. My AHI was 1.2 so I consider that a success.
YOU have to decide how much you want treatment and to recover. Strap marks and puffy eyes are the most lame excuses to not use your machine. Get over the vanity, and put in the work.
Suck it up buttercup and save your health. If you fail, it is because you give up.

And, BTY, I travel frequently. It is no problem taking my equipment. I just went on a cruise and took TWO cpap's with me, I wasn't getting on that ship without a back up. If you WANT to do it, you will find a way.
And if you don't want to do it, she will find a way and and a excuse. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 pm

And I thought I was weird, taking two cpaps when I travel.
Once I got used to it, I cannot imagine going without!

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:58 pm

cardsfan made me laugh. I am always waking up with hose around neck, or pulling machine off on to my head,... and those are the easy things. I have an arsenal of things I do in bed.

I had a first horrible mask (eson nose brutalizer) and then the dreamware. I decided to fall in love. In retrospect I think I have always been easy? Or maybe I just really *AM* lucky in love? IDK

I have thought that based on the dreamware attributes that a good marketing group could work with a plastic surgeon and design custom masks (perhaps printed on those 3D printers if they are ever invented) and anyway ... the masks would be designed to do a facelift. Kinda like braces ... just if a mask can MAKE bags for fucksake it should be able to cure them. right?

Or at least give us a reasonable SPA / BEAUTY cost to try it out.
Make it luxury.
Make it divine.
Make it smell, feel, taste and sound ~~~ otherworldly.

(See? I get you AMESS ) #USTOO!

It's a goldmine. Moreso if it worked!
Please some smart plastic surgeons and beauty gawds make it work!!!!

I am convinced the dreamware will forever be remembered as the missing link between when cpap masks were for apnea and when they became gold-standard face sculpting youth masks. (or no doubt named something better than that 'fsym' wank descriptive ... (can't give it ALL away ) But you know what I am saying?

This is opportunity.
Like partying at an oxygen bar.

enjoying the differences in oxygen scented mints ~~~
with shots of fresh squished wheat grass
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am

Cardsfan wrote:OMG- are you kidding me???? It slipped off your nose, so you took it off. That's just an excuse. Last night, I woke up 3 times with the long hose wrapped around my neck- I unwrapped it and went back to bed. AND, I woke up several times later because the exhaust vent was blowing in my eyes. Adjust the mask, and go back to sleep. My AHI was 1.2 so I consider that a success.
I have to ask, what's the difference between getting arousals due to a crappy mask or getting arousals from a breathing issue? Either way there's interrupted deep and REM sleep.

Sure, if you suffer from a lot of desats, the mask arousals are probably more healthy if it's keeping O2 levels up, but if a person is not suffering significant desats, what's the effing difference?

3.5 months into this, and not feeling ONE BIT better. Tired all day and living on coffee and NoDoze pills. I have great data from the machine but feel no different because I am waking up at least as much because of the stoopid effing mask as I was from RERAs. Most nights the mask comes off after it wakes me up for the umpteenth time and I've had just enough sleep to not be totally and completely exhausted - so it has to come off or I can't get back to sleep.

I keep hearing from folks saying to never take off the mask until you get up, but what's the point of laying in bed awake and uncomfortable? Am I supposed to get up at 2 AM everyday? Mask comes off and I'm out again.

Hopefully I will get answers as to any other issues after my next sleep study, but I'm not holding my breath.

I am so tired of having issues that have no apparent cause and no apparent cure. I'm thinking a synonym of idiopathic is cursed.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 am

I am with you Max. In fact I feel worse now with cold and cough. Cannot even rest right hacking away with mask on. Must just be us Max. Giving cpap a zero. But must plunge on with ahi of 68 and pulmonary hypertension. Cannot quit. Sometimes I just lay in bed not sleeping. The machine does not know--so I get good scores. I try hard here but just am not making it--yet. 2 and half months in..still hope. --Husband getting his equipment today--so it should be a dualing Cpap party tonight.

knothead

Post by knothead » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 am

AMESS wrote:I am with you Max. In fact I feel worse now with cold and cough. Cannot even rest right hacking away with mask on. Must just be us Max. Giving cpap a zero. But must plunge on with ahi of 68 and pulmonary hypertension. Cannot quit. Sometimes I just lay in bed not sleeping. The machine does not know--so I get good scores. I try hard here but just am not making it--yet. 2 and half months in..still hope. --Husband getting his equipment today--so it should be a dualing Cpap party tonight.

Good, maybe ya'll can help each other. I know you have a wealth of knowledge from the forum...you can share with him.