If you just lost a bunch of weight

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SuddenlyWornOut45

If you just lost a bunch of weight

Post by SuddenlyWornOut45 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm

And did not look like 250 pounds of chewed bubble gum, you might be able to 1) get off that CPAP machine, 2) get some actual respect and 3) fit back into your own clothes from twenty or more years ago and 4) not get laughed at when you go outside your house.

Yeah, you are NOT disabled! YOU ARE FAT!!!!

Im putting together a "boot camp" fat camp for OSA sufferers.

Eric

mgaggie

Re: If you just lost a bunch of weight

Post by mgaggie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Ohh you are so tempting me to unleash my 'aussie' way of thinking about people like you.

But I've been told its mean to say things like that

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:26 pm

SuddenlyWornOut45 wrote:And did not look like 250 pounds of chewed bubble gum, you might be able to 1) get off that CPAP machine, 2) get some actual respect and 3) fit back into your own clothes from twenty or more years ago and 4) not get laughed at when you go outside your house.

Eric
Ass hole - I was 112 lbs when I first started showing the symptoms of OSA, I was 135 when I got my cpap machine. One of my friends who got a cpap used to cycle long distances up mountains and was solid muscles.

Go and take your meds and get off the computer.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Ford Guy

Post by Ford Guy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:37 pm

SuddenlyWornOut45 wrote:And did not look like 250 pounds of chewed bubble gum, you might be able to 1) get off that CPAP machine, 2) get some actual respect and 3) fit back into your own clothes from twenty or more years ago and 4) not get laughed at when you go outside your house.

Eric
IDIOT
S8 Autoset II is back up

Ruinednose

Post by Ruinednose » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:56 pm

I was diagnosed with OSA (severe, in late 2010) I was 196 lbs at 5,7 male 21 years old
I got down to 150 lbs and felt great looked great felt great (again) and was healthy. I got off cpap byy own choice. For 2.5 years didn't need cpap

Now I got uars. At 168 lbs as I've Caine weight

To me clearly sleep apnea and 10000 other diseases/disorders are brought on or worsen by obesity

It's hard to burn the fat. But it's really just a dicipline thing... It's tough...but.... Aren't you?

SMenasco

Post by SMenasco » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Well, BlackSpinner, generally you and I don't agree on all the much, but you nailed this guy good. Hooray for you! How's the old saying go? Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. BlackSpinner, I think you're being way too charitable calling him an asshole. This orifice is one of the most important parts of the body. I suggest he might qualify as an appendix. By the way, you've got a neat website.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm

SMenasco wrote:Well, BlackSpinner, generally you and I don't agree on all the much, but you nailed this guy good. Hooray for you! How's the old saying go? Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. BlackSpinner, I think you're being way too charitable calling him an asshole. This orifice is one of the most important parts of the body. I suggest he might qualify as an appendix. By the way, you've got a neat website.
Thanks.
I agree appendix because the other is so very useful.

By the way This is me the year before I had my youngest which triggered the start of my OSA.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

ems

Post by ems » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:25 pm

SuddenlyWornOut45 wrote: Yeah, you are NOT disabled! YOU ARE FAT!!!!

Eric
Ah... yup... I'm gonna sit back and enjoy a good laugh as this thread gets to a minimum of 8 pages! Pass the Popcorn, please.

The good thing is that he has about run out of stupid ... tho I've been known to be wrong.
Last edited by ems on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:41 pm

For snacks, could we have Sweet Rolls, extra icing and nuts! Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:42 pm

Eric

Oh and did you read about the members who lost a lot of weight and their pressure needs increased? And that 49% of people who have weight loss surgery still needed cpap therapy?

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Some people simply do not give up.
As gratifying as attention is, this is not the place for self promotion.

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

I weigh 108 pounds right now.

I get plenty of respect from my students and colleages as a tenured college professor.

I easily fit into my clothes from 20 years ago. Indeed I actually weigh about 2-3 pounds less than I did when I was thirteen and in eighth grade.

And I don't get laughed at when I go outside.

But alas, I'm stuck with my BiPAP because guess what: I'm in that large group of OSA sufferers who got OSA in spite of living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining an appropriate weight.

Eric: If you want to blame yourself for causing your OSA by gaining too much weight, be my guest. But quit painting all of us PAPers here at cpaptalk as fat, lazy idiots who would rather sleep with a mask that lose weight.

PanzerMax

Post by PanzerMax » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Wow, 60 posts in 5 days,,,, something's wrong here.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:20 pm

PanzerMax wrote:Wow, 60 posts in 5 days,,,, something's wrong here.

Ya think???
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

SuddenlyWornOut45

Post by SuddenlyWornOut45 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Yep, I am very fat. Became that way gradually. But unlike many here and elsewhere, I take personal responsibility for my obesity. I am not a whiner. Its my fault that Im so damned obese. I simply eat too much. Im a pig.

I just can step up to the plate and admit it to myself and others...unlike others here.

I refuse to be a victim and realize I contributed to my obesity.

Eric
Ruinednose wrote: It's hard to burn the fat. But it's really just a dicipline thing... It's tough...but.... Aren't you?