Pad-A-Cheek Karen does her Magic Again

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
VikingGnome

Pad-A-Cheek Karen does her Magic Again

Post by VikingGnome » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:01 pm

I've been using Hans Rudolph 7600 V2 since January. It works well for me but I do get leaks into my eyes and under chin if I use a pillow sleeping supine. I also found the cup under chin very HOT during the summer. I tried making my own mask liner and I had two nights in a row with "sad face", horrible leaks all night.

So Karen made a custom mask liner for me and wow what a difference. The liner was a pocket for the chin cup and a pocket at the top over the nose. The mask liner stays put all night and totally eliminated all leaks. Last, not a single bit of silicone touches my face. Instead its the soft microfiber Karen uses that feels like a fluffy cloud instead of sleeping with a plastic cup over your face.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Pad-A-Cheek Karen does her Magic Again

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 pm

---and yet another happy customer!

knightlite

Post by knightlite » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:32 pm

VikingGnome wrote:So Karen made a custom mask liner for me and wow what a difference. The liner was a pocket for the chin cup and a pocket at the top over the nose. The mask liner stays put all night and totally eliminated all leaks. Last, not a single bit of silicone touches my face. Instead its the soft microfiber Karen uses that feels like a fluffy cloud instead of sleeping with a plastic cup over your face.
I like your comparison of the plastic cup and the cloud . I think newbies would like their masks better if they started out with pad a cheek liners . I can't say enough good things about the liners.

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Karen does amazing stuff. She's made custom stuff for me on demand, and I have to tell you - her quality LASTS. You might possibly pay a little more for her items, but I've had a set of hose snugglies I've used every night for like.. oh 4 years now, and they clearly have many more years of life in them. And I sleep with two extra hoses, because I'm on an NAII, and those are right there rubbing on my face night after night.

If you have a wild idea in your head, ask Karen if she can make it for you. Her product line has greatly increased over the years, because folks came to her with problems. And those solutions turn out to help other folks.

Karen - Big giant SAAAAAA-LUTE, as Gomer says.

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Foggy1

Post by Foggy1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm

I am glad that I saw your recommendation. I checked out the Pad-a-Cheek products and placed an order this morning! I had been making my own mask liner for my Liberty out of old t-shirts. LOL!

I'm still in the newbie stage and trying different masks. I've had my best AHI using a F&P nasal mask with RemZzz liners, but I suspect my mouth has been opening using the nasal mask. Have now tried the Liberty and found it very comfortable, but was missing having a mask liner. So thank you!

cicsos2

Post by cicsos2 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:43 pm

My mask liners came today. I ordered two just because of the lavish praise that I've read. I look forward to trying one out tonight.

Bill

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:46 pm

at my higher pressures, I'd be floundering in a hurricane of leaks if it weren't for Karen and her pad-a-check liners.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Having used my Wisp mask for four months at very high ASV pressures with and without Pad a Cheek, I can't see how anybody can not use them (sorry for the double negative phrasing). It makes any leaks tolerable and certainly keeps them out of one's eyes, which is a big deal for me, plus it stops the mask farting sounds completely.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

steve_b

Post by steve_b » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:35 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:---and yet another happy customer!
And yet another one! I have Karen's original strap pads, mask liner, and anti-leak strap for my Quattro FFM. It just keeps getting better! the anti-leak strap has taken me from struggling with leaks every night, to virtually no leaks at all! Her products are very well made, and help a lot. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned!

catbirdgirl

Post by catbirdgirl » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am

I have nose pad that has lasted me for a long time, multiple masks. Also I am looking at some strap covers. I also mentioned her to my sleep doc, who also has apnea himself. I hope he's giving referrals.