Drooling - Oh So Glamorous

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MissK

Drooling - Oh So Glamorous

Post by MissK » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Okay, I admit it. I drool. I'm an open-mouth sleeper and I drool. A lot. I have a full face mask and I would drool so much, the seal would gurgle and wake me up. This is not glamorous.

But, I did find a solution! Pad-A-Cheek. The fabric absorbs the drool. It was really a simple solution, I just don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I have to wash the Pad-A-Cheek a lot, but it's worth it. If you don't wash it, the drool actually hardens when it dries! Who knew!?!

And one would think all that drool would keep your mouth nice and moist. Wrong! It flows out of your mouth like a little stream and the rest of your mouth is as dry as the Sahara Desert. I let my humidifier run out one time and the next morning, I thought my teeth were going to crumble like soft rocks. Even with my humidifier on high, dry mouth is the #1 reason I wake up.

So, to all my fellow droolers out there - you are not alone. And remember, every time you put your mask on, sing ♫ I'm sexy and I know it ♫ 'Cause we are sexy! And we know it!!

Mgsnorer

Re: Drooling - Oh So Glamorous

Post by Mgsnorer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Good on you for sharing

msla

Post by msla » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Do you know how you can identify a level headed Norwegian? The snuff dribbles out of both corners of his mouth at the same time. My great aunt in Norway was a level headed Norwegian.

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

steve_b

Post by steve_b » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 am

MissK,
Thanks for sharing that, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! My drooling doesn't seem to be as bad as it used to be, and since being on CPAP for almost a month now, I've only had the mask gurgling a few times. Before, i used to ruin pillowcases. They looked like they were bleached

Based on your post, I ordered a Pad-A-Cheek liner for my Mirage Quattro. Can't wait to get it and try it out! I just recently bought a Contour CPAP pillow and love it. This forum has been VERY helpful to me!

Steve