Pad-a-Cheek: the definitive opinion thread!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ddk

Pad-a-Cheek: the definitive opinion thread!

Post by ddk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I see a lot of people in a lot of threads recommending these things and yet after a search could find very little about them. I figured that by making this thread title that people who searched for "pad" or "cheek" or both would see this at the top of their results, read the thread title and think, "Ah, that must be THE thread to read about it!"

To that end, I'm hoping to get some definitive questions and answers about it. I will try to edit this initial post to include the best questions and answers so that it can serve as a reference for anyone looking to find out more. Not just what it is and what it does, but opinions, experiences, tips, etc.

I'll start:

Would you recommend getting a Pad-a-Cheek?

tooter

Re: Pad-a-Cheek: the definitive opinion thread!

Post by tooter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Why are you starting a post like this...Pad a cheek has been a great supplier of needed accessories for new and experienced CPAPers. I would be amazed if you find anything but positive posts about it.
Fixed pressure at 11

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Ditto! I don't get your point of posting this thread. Pad A Cheek, is a vauled member of this community. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ddk

Post by ddk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Goofproof wrote:Ditto! I don't get your point of posting this thread. Pad A Cheek, is a vauled member of this community. Jim
tooter wrote:Why are you starting a post like this...Pad a cheek has been a great supplier of needed accessories for new and experienced CPAPers. I would be amazed if you find anything but positive posts about it.
Then by all means consider contributing positively to this thread instead of attempting to derail it as your very first posts in it.

ems

Post by ems » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:29 pm

If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

msla

Post by msla » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:11 pm

I think that results from using these will be specific to the individual and mask used. My personal experience with the Opus 360 was that the mask was able to be moved around more resulting in loss of seal at the nasal pads and an increase of leaks. It seems to me that the minimal nature of this mask requires the support provided by the foam/plastic frame. I went back to using just the mask. The cost, to me, for this experiment was minimal. I would be willing to try them on a different style mask.

Edit: They were comfortable too,

Last edited by msla on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 am

Love, love padacheek mask liners....
I have 3 hybrids all with padacheek liners
I have 2 quattros both with padacheek liners and a leak strap
I now have just ordered a liner and mask strap covers for my wisp
I do sew so have made mask strap covers for all of my masks and hose covers out of comfy fleece just like Padacheeks.
Karen (owner of Padacheek) is a long time member here and helps us with items to make life with cpap much easier to live with.
Her mask liners reduce the amount of leaks from a mask, plus those of us that can't stand silicone against our skin it acts as a barrier. Her mask strap covers keep the straps from making marks on our face. Her hose covers help with rainout and is much more comfy than having a cold hose against your body.
If you are having any kind of trouble with a specific mask and don't see it on her website, she will work with you to make whatever you need to make your cpap experience easier.
There you have it..... a definitive opinion... and... its padacheek.com not pad-a-cheek
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 am

I've been using the mask liners on my Quattro for almost 10 months now. I use the the headgear padding with some self made modifications along with liners for my Quattro mask.

without pad-a-cheek liners, I probably would have quit. it truely has made my CPAP life succesfull & comfortable.

Karen is simply Awesome!!

if you are craftly enough, you could probably make your own..I tried samples of Rem-zzz's from a 30 day free sample from my DME..... I never could get them to stay in place.

Then there is this-----

9 months ago, I paid $36 for 2 pad-a-cheek mask liners and they are still in use today with no sign of needing replacement.

Remzz's are not re-usable & not covered by insurance. The last time I checked, a 30 day supply of rem-zzz's for my FFM is $29.95.

If I had used remzzz's over the past 9 months, I would have spent in excess of $250.

Pad-a-cheek products are made great & come with awesome customer service.... it's a no-brainer for me.

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison