Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 am

Just wanted to let people know that weight loss does not necessarily mean that your pressure needs will change dramatically, nor does it necessarily mean that you will not require your cpap machine. I have lost 54.1 pounds since February, changed my cpap machine to an apap machine because of the weight loss. My high range had been set at 13, and although my ranges vary from night to night, the lowest has been 10 and the highest has been 12.5. Perhaps continued weight loss will show a need for less pressure, but not at this point in time. Initially, it was set in cpap mode, starting off at 4 and peaking at 13. Now, I start at 7, and the machine goes where it needs to go. Some nights I have more hypopneas than others. I still have 100 pounds to go, so it appears that things may still change, but I am not overly concerned, nor stressed because the quality of my sleep is great, my AHI hovers around 1, and my quality of life has been greatly enhanced to the point that I feel 42, not 62. Dropping the weight has helped a lot too, because I no longer carry that extra 50 pound bag of flour and sugar around with me on a daily basis. I do use the nasal pillow mask which I find to be quite comfortable because I read in bed before I fall asleep, and if I fall asleep while reading, I don't have to worry about whether or not I have my mask on. Best of all, I no longer snore and I breathe right when I sleep.

So, to all new users and people who are frustrated, please know that there is a huge benefit in treatment, and don't give up when there are problems. I'm just one of the lucky ones who has never had a problem with my machine or my treatment, plus my machine is super quiet, the humidifier is built in, and it serves as both a clock and an alarm clock in a small unit that is slightly bigger than a square kleenex box.

_________________
Machine 

ellen1159
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Connecticut Gold Coast
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby ellen1159 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 am

Your post is particularly interesting to me, because I've been trying to work up the courage to ask if anyone ever gets off a PAP machine following a significant weight loss (I am morbidly obese at 258 on a 5'4" frame, lost 6 lbs. since last week on a low fat, vegan eating plan).

I'm having difficulties getting accustomed to the mask and high pressures (25/15) I require for my severe apnea (I had 108 episodes during one hour of sleep and my oxygen saturation dropped to 69% during my diagnostic lab test). It's critical for me that I get used to this machine and make it work so I can add exercise to my regimen and continue to lose weight. My discomfort with the mask and machine has increased my motivation to lose weight but I've yet to see a posting from someone who has lost 100 lbs. or so and no longer requires air pressure to treat apneas.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss! I can't wait to start feeling better.

_________________
Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
Mask: Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Software is Encore Basic
Machine: Respironics Bi-level 760 pressures 15/24 no ramp
Humidifier: Respironics heated humidifier
Mask: Mirage Quattro

49er
 
Posts: 3095
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:18 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby 49er on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 am

ellen1159 wrote:Your post is particularly interesting to me, because I've been trying to work up the courage to ask if anyone ever gets off a PAP machine following a significant weight loss (I am morbidly obese at 258 on a 5'4" frame, lost 6 lbs. since last week on a low fat, vegan eating plan).

I'm having difficulties getting accustomed to the mask and high pressures (25/15) I require for my severe apnea (I had 108 episodes during one hour of sleep and my oxygen saturation dropped to 69% during my diagnostic lab test). It's critical for me that I get used to this machine and make it work so I can add exercise to my regimen and continue to lose weight. My discomfort with the mask and machine has increased my motivation to lose weight but I've yet to see a posting from someone who has lost 100 lbs. or so and no longer requires air pressure to treat apneas.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss! I can't wait to start feeling better.


Hi Ellen,

Whether you are able to ditch the machine or not, there no negatives to losing weight and only positives, especially since you are morbidly obese. And losing weight might result in lower pressure requirements which would make it easier for you to tolerate your machine.

49er
Adding or Editing Equipment Profile - https://www.cpaptalk.com/ucp.php?i=prof ... pment_info

User avatar
SleepingUgly
 
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby SleepingUgly on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:26 am

ellen1159 wrote:My discomfort with the mask and machine has increased my motivation to lose weight but I've yet to see a posting from someone who has lost 100 lbs. or so and no longer requires air pressure to treat apneas.


I believe there are people whose apnea is cured by losing weight, and there are those whose pressure needs drop. As I've said before, even among those who aren't cured of their apnea by losing weight, I've yet to meet a single person who regrets the weight loss. Occasionally people have posted here that they were cured of their apnea, but I would bet most people who are no longer on CPAP are not posting here. This site tends to be geared toward people having CPAP problems and those on CPAP who are trying to help them.

Check out the low carb threads on this site or look into "low carb high fat" diets on the internet (or read Gary Taub's book, Why We Get Fat, or check out his website). I think you'll lose a lot more weight on that kind of diet than doing a low fat or vegan approach, without starving yourself. My husband, who is thin to start with, lost so much weight so fast doing that approach that everyone was asking him if he was OK. I'd suggest doing a lipid panel prior to starting, and then one after you've been on it awhile, just to be sure you're not one of those who does not benefit from that approach.

Good luck!
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

User avatar
kteague
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: West and Midwest
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby kteague on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:27 am

Congrats on the renewed healthier you and best wishes for continued improvement. Everyone's experience is so varied on this. I guess if weight caused the apnea, losing weight could improve or even resolve it. I think it in my case the weight gain was caused in part by the OSA and will not likely be resolved with weight loss. I lost 60 lbs a few years back but I have too far to go to know for certain today how the weight loss would affect my events, pressure, etc. Your attitude and approach is ideal for accomplishing your goals.

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 am

ellen1159 wrote:Your post is particularly interesting to me, because I've been trying to work up the courage to ask if anyone ever gets off a PAP machine following a significant weight loss (I am morbidly obese at 258 on a 5'4" frame, lost 6 lbs. since last week on a low fat, vegan eating plan).

I'm having difficulties getting accustomed to the mask and high pressures (25/15) I require for my severe apnea (I had 108 episodes during one hour of sleep and my oxygen saturation dropped to 69% during my diagnostic lab test). It's critical for me that I get used to this machine and make it work so I can add exercise to my regimen and continue to lose weight. My discomfort with the mask and machine has increased my motivation to lose weight but I've yet to see a posting from someone who has lost 100 lbs. or so and no longer requires air pressure to treat apneas.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss! I can't wait to start feeling better.


I will keep you updated on my progress with both weight loss and pressure needs. I started out at 285.7 lbs. and now weigh in at 231.5, so my guess is that my weight needs to hit 150 before I'm going to see any kind of significant change with regards to pressure settings. That seems to be right around the level where I go from morbidly obese to simply overweight. At that point, I intend to keep losing weight until I get to 130 pounds, at which point I will start toning to make myself more muscular to the point that I'm toned, not to the point that I look like a bodybuilder, if you know what I mean.

I have a sneaking suspicion that because of my age and the fact that I have narrow airways (snored as a child and needed to have my adenoids removed along with my tonsils) that I may always need a cpap machine, but that my pressure needs might be able to drop much, much lower.

The main thing to remember is that you're in this for your health. Even if I still need a cpap machine, my med requirements will go way down. In fact, my doctor has already adjusted my medication.

Also, I'm on a hospital medical weight plan where I fast with four beverages a day. My blood work has been fantastic, and my doctor actually told me that my total cholesterol level is too low at 111. He'd like to see it around 149 instead. I want to eliminate the possibility of contracting diabetes or any other kind of problems.

However, you may find you'll need gallbladder surgery. I had to have my gallbladder taken out when I reached 243 lbs, so I had to start eating again for a while, and now have resumed my fasting.

Just don't give up hope - it's all worthwhile, and the benefits are amazing.

_________________
Machine 

ellen1159
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 am
Location: Connecticut Gold Coast
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby ellen1159 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:41 am

[quoteAlso, I'm on a hospital medical weight plan where I fast with four beverages a day. My blood work has been fantastic, and my doctor actually told me that my total cholesterol level is too low at 111. He'd like to see it around 149 instead. I want to eliminate the possibility of contracting diabetes or any other kind of problems.

However, you may find you'll need gallbladder surgery. I had to have my gallbladder taken out when I reached 243 lbs, so I had to start eating again for a while, and now have resumed my fasting.

][/quote]

I'm doing the Dr. Fuhrman "Eat to Live" plan, which is extremely low fat/vegan for the first six weeks, then permits a bit more fat after the initial phase. It's a pretty good detox, in that you're eating at least a pound of raw vegetables and fruit a day and about the same amount of cooked vegetables, with some nuts and seeds thrown in. Not everyone can doit, but then, not everyone can do Weight Watchers or Atkins or South Beach or any of the other plans. I want to get healthier, period, not just to avoid using a CPAP machine (I'm borderline diabetic, take meds for high cholesterol, hypertension and water retention, and just started seeing a cardiologist - my 78 year old mother is in better physical shape than I am). For me, this is the first time in my life I've been able to stick to something for even a week and have results.

I'm curious about the gallbladder comment: why do you think I might have trouble with mine?

_________________
Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
Mask: Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Software is Encore Basic
Machine: Respironics Bi-level 760 pressures 15/24 no ramp
Humidifier: Respironics heated humidifier
Mask: Mirage Quattro

User avatar
pikov22
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 pm
Location: Burlington County, NJ
Gender: Male

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby pikov22 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:52 am

RestedRebel wrote:Just wanted to let people know that weight loss does not necessarily mean that your pressure needs will change dramatically, nor does it necessarily mean that you will not require your cpap machine. I have lost 54.1 pounds since February, changed my cpap machine to an apap machine because of the weight loss. My high range had been set at 13, and although my ranges vary from night to night, the lowest has been 10 and the highest has been 12.5. Perhaps continued weight loss will show a need for less pressure, but not at this point in time. Initially, it was set in cpap mode, starting off at 4 and peaking at 13. Now, I start at 7, and the machine goes where it needs to go. Some nights I have more hypopneas than others. I still have 100 pounds to go, so it appears that things may still change, but I am not overly concerned, nor stressed because the quality of my sleep is great, my AHI hovers around 1, and my quality of life has been greatly enhanced to the point that I feel 42, not 62. Dropping the weight has helped a lot too, because I no longer carry that extra 50 pound bag of flour and sugar around with me on a daily basis. I do use the nasal pillow mask which I find to be quite comfortable because I read in bed before I fall asleep, and if I fall asleep while reading, I don't have to worry about whether or not I have my mask on. Best of all, I no longer snore and I breathe right when I sleep.

So, to all new users and people who are frustrated, please know that there is a huge benefit in treatment, and don't give up when there are problems. I'm just one of the lucky ones who has never had a problem with my machine or my treatment, plus my machine is super quiet, the humidifier is built in, and it serves as both a clock and an alarm clock in a small unit that is slightly bigger than a square kleenex box.


My son had gastric bypass surgery and lost 110 pounds. He no longer has SA nor diabetes.
Machine: System One REMStar Pro C-Flex+ DS460P
Mask: Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow
SysOne Heated Humidifier

-----------
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; YOU are the one who gets burned.

User avatar
SleepingUgly
 
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby SleepingUgly on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Pikov, you should post that about your son in a different thread so people searching for "weight loss" and "cure" might find it. Too many people here discourage harboring hope of that, IMO.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

User avatar
Janknitz
 
Posts: 5073
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby Janknitz on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:00 pm

I've lost 65 lbs to date and I still need CPAP. I haven't retitrated myself, it may be that I could use a bit less pressure. But when I fall asleep without it (before going to bed for the night), I'm definitely having big and frequent apneas and reflux with that. I have a narrow palate and airway, so I had apnea when I was a skinny thing and I will need CPAP still when all the excess weight is gone.

I have about 40 more pounds to lose.

I won't get into a debate about which dietary approach is better--that's as volatile to discuss as religion and politics! But I will state how I have lost 65 lbs.in case anyone is interested:

My way of eating is Low carb, High Fat (LCHF) primal (pastured meat, eggs and dairy, wild caught fish, organic veggies, whole foods, no grains). I try to get the MAJORITY of my calories from fat and minimize carbohydrates (getting the majority of carbs from non-starchy vegetables), I don't count calories and eat to satisfaction, my health markers are now all well into normal ranges. Weight loss is slow (2 years so far), but that's OK because I'm a post menopausal woman and to be losing ANYTHING at this point is nothing short of a miracle--yet I've lost 65 lbs so far!

I love the food I eat and I don't plan on ever going back to grains or lots of carbs. This is sustainable for me in a way that liquid diets or low calorie low fat diets NEVER worked for me in the long term. My weight goal is "soft"--in other words, when I get there, I'll see if I want to stay there or go lower. In any case I will not consider it "Mission Accomplished" and start eating differently. Maintaining my health is the real ongoing goal.

And I'm OK with CPAP for life, so losing weight is not about trying to get rid of it.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Ellen,

My weight management doctor, who I see once a month, told me that when gastric bypass or any of the weight loss surgeries are performed, the gallbladder is also removed at that time because it goes bad during weight loss. I chose the fasting plan, which works well for me, and I have accomplished some weight loss but then I started getting gall bladder pains and pains when I tried to breathe. I told my weight management doctor, and he told me to get my gall bladder checked out by a gastroenterologist with an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed gallstones, but it also showed that my gallbladder was inflamed (infection). Although it stopped bothering me (no pain or attacks), it had to come out. I was happy I did go through with the surgery because I no longer suffer from gastrointestinal problems, and my digestion is no longer sluggish. I hope that will hep me to lose weight faster. The surgery is done laparoscopically and only requires 3 incisions. It's done as an outpatient, and you're healed in a week.


ellen1159 wrote:[quoteAlso, I'm on a hospital medical weight plan where I fast with four beverages a day. My blood work has been fantastic, and my doctor actually told me that my total cholesterol level is too low at 111. He'd like to see it around 149 instead. I want to eliminate the possibility of contracting diabetes or any other kind of problems.

However, you may find you'll need gallbladder surgery. I had to have my gallbladder taken out when I reached 243 lbs, so I had to start eating again for a while, and now have resumed my fasting.

]


I'm doing the Dr. Fuhrman "Eat to Live" plan, which is extremely low fat/vegan for the first six weeks, then permits a bit more fat after the initial phase. It's a pretty good detox, in that you're eating at least a pound of raw vegetables and fruit a day and about the same amount of cooked vegetables, with some nuts and seeds thrown in. Not everyone can doit, but then, not everyone can do Weight Watchers or Atkins or South Beach or any of the other plans. I want to get healthier, period, not just to avoid using a CPAP machine (I'm borderline diabetic, take meds for high cholesterol, hypertension and water retention, and just started seeing a cardiologist - my 78 year old mother is in better physical shape than I am). For me, this is the first time in my life I've been able to stick to something for even a week and have results.

I'm curious about the gallbladder comment: why do you think I might have trouble with mine?[/quote]

_________________
Machine 

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:18 pm

kteague wrote:Congrats on the renewed healthier you and best wishes for continued improvement. Everyone's experience is so varied on this. I guess if weight caused the apnea, losing weight could improve or even resolve it. I think it in my case the weight gain was caused in part by the OSA and will not likely be resolved with weight loss. I lost 60 lbs a few years back but I have too far to go to know for certain today how the weight loss would affect my events, pressure, etc. Your attitude and approach is ideal for accomplishing your goals.


Thank you. You're right that everyone's experience is different, and we can't really compare our results with someone else's. I posted this in hopes that some people on the forum will understand that there are no guarantees that one will not require cpap therapy after weight loss. That is why I have said from the beginning that if I get off cpap that's fine, but I like how I feel when I wake up, so I don't mind the cpap at all. When I accomplish my weight loss goal, I will have another study done to see if I still require cpap therapy. In the meantime, my machine is in apap mode, and we're checking the detailed information. So far, not much change at all, so time will tell. In the meantime, I have a lot more energy and a better quality of life, so it's all good - weight loss and apap therapy.

_________________
Machine 

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

pikov22 wrote:
RestedRebel wrote:Just wanted to let people know that weight loss does not necessarily mean that your pressure needs will change dramatically, nor does it necessarily mean that you will not require your cpap machine. I have lost 54.1 pounds since February, changed my cpap machine to an apap machine because of the weight loss. My high range had been set at 13, and although my ranges vary from night to night, the lowest has been 10 and the highest has been 12.5. Perhaps continued weight loss will show a need for less pressure, but not at this point in time. Initially, it was set in cpap mode, starting off at 4 and peaking at 13. Now, I start at 7, and the machine goes where it needs to go. Some nights I have more hypopneas than others. I still have 100 pounds to go, so it appears that things may still change, but I am not overly concerned, nor stressed because the quality of my sleep is great, my AHI hovers around 1, and my quality of life has been greatly enhanced to the point that I feel 42, not 62. Dropping the weight has helped a lot too, because I no longer carry that extra 50 pound bag of flour and sugar around with me on a daily basis. I do use the nasal pillow mask which I find to be quite comfortable because I read in bed before I fall asleep, and if I fall asleep while reading, I don't have to worry about whether or not I have my mask on. Best of all, I no longer snore and I breathe right when I sleep.

So, to all new users and people who are frustrated, please know that there is a huge benefit in treatment, and don't give up when there are problems. I'm just one of the lucky ones who has never had a problem with my machine or my treatment, plus my machine is super quiet, the humidifier is built in, and it serves as both a clock and an alarm clock in a small unit that is slightly bigger than a square kleenex box.


My son had gastric bypass surgery and lost 110 pounds. He no longer has SA nor diabetes.


I've heard that is possible, but although I don't have diabetes, I've been told that no all diabetics lose the need for medication when they lose weight. So, again, that may be an individual thing and something that is not guaranteed.

_________________
Machine 

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Janknitz wrote:I've lost 65 lbs to date and I still need CPAP. I haven't retitrated myself, it may be that I could use a bit less pressure. But when I fall asleep without it (before going to bed for the night), I'm definitely having big and frequent apneas and reflux with that. I have a narrow palate and airway, so I had apnea when I was a skinny thing and I will need CPAP still when all the excess weight is gone.

I have about 40 more pounds to lose.

I won't get into a debate about which dietary approach is better--that's as volatile to discuss as religion and politics! But I will state how I have lost 65 lbs.in case anyone is interested:

My way of eating is Low carb, High Fat (LCHF) primal (pastured meat, eggs and dairy, wild caught fish, organic veggies, whole foods, no grains). I try to get the MAJORITY of my calories from fat and minimize carbohydrates (getting the majority of carbs from non-starchy vegetables), I don't count calories and eat to satisfaction, my health markers are now all well into normal ranges. Weight loss is slow (2 years so far), but that's OK because I'm a post menopausal woman and to be losing ANYTHING at this point is nothing short of a miracle--yet I've lost 65 lbs so far!

I love the food I eat and I don't plan on ever going back to grains or lots of carbs. This is sustainable for me in a way that liquid diets or low calorie low fat diets NEVER worked for me in the long term. My weight goal is "soft"--in other words, when I get there, I'll see if I want to stay there or go lower. In any case I will not consider it "Mission Accomplished" and start eating differently. Maintaining my health is the real ongoing goal.

And I'm OK with CPAP for life, so losing weight is not about trying to get rid of it.


My low carb diet with the fasting works well for me. It puts the body into ketosis and instead of burning glucose for energy, you end up burning fat instead. On my plan, we have to stay below 50 carbs a day, and drink 800 calories a day (200 calories 4 times a day). We are also expected to walk 30 minutes a day. On this diet, we lose 2-5 pounds a week. We also have to drink water to help burn the fat. The more water you drink, the more fat you burn. Total water needed depends on one's weight.

You're doing what works for you, and that's wonderful. I'm doing what works for me. The best thing is that we are both losing weight, which is what we want to do. Everyone has to use what works for them. I feel fuller when I can drink my calories, so even once I reach my target weight, I'm sure I'll drink a breakfast shake with yogurt, milk, fruit, oatmeal, and nuts rather than cereal, toast, eggs, or something else. Our bodies are all different and we have to listen to them to know what works best for us.

Congrats on the weight loss and best wishes toward reaching your goal.:)

_________________
Machine 

RestedRebel
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Weight Loss and Cpap

Postby RestedRebel on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 am

I've now lost a total of 70.8 pounds on a 5'4" frame and finding myself much less tired from carrying around that extra 70.8 lbs. Regarding sleep, I seem to be sleeping better than ever, and if I fall asleep while watching television, I no longer snore, according to my husband. I've also noticed that my apap setting isn't blowing hurricane force winds to help me sleep. Going to the dentist was more pleasant although I did request that they no longer pull my chair so far back.

Overall, I am seeing a marked improvement in both my health and my energy levels. My GP lowered the dosage on my medications, and after cutting my Simvastatin from 40 mg. to 10 mg. my total cholesterol level is now at 130 instead of at 111-115 as it was when I was taking 40 mg. of Simvastatin.

I am increasing my physical activity to twice a day, morning walks or treadmill and evening activity as well because now that I've reduced my bulk a bit, I'm not burning as many calories when I exercise.

Still not sure that when I reach my target weight I'll be completely weaned off the cpap machine, but I am hopeful that it could happen. Even if I have to use it at a lower pressure, I'll consider that a huge win because of the quality of life I'm now experiencing.

All that being said, I still have a long way to go because I still weight 214.9 lbs., but I wanted to share my experiences and information with others in hopes of giving you encouragement that your quality of life will improve even if you aren't able to wean yourself from the cpap machine. Best of all, I feel so rested in the morning when I wake up. Please maintain your optimism and realize how using the cpap machine can turn your life around.

_________________
Machine 

Next

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bwexler, Day_Dreamer, Lazer1234, Ogeo, tlewis303 and 31 guests