Do you have a back up CPAP incase of emergencies?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KathyJL

Re: Do you have a back up CPAP incase of emergencies?

Post by KathyJL » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:16 pm

I debated getting rid of my S9 after I got my Airsense 10. Sooo glad I didn’t. I left my CPAP at airport and no one turned it in. Using S9 until I get another machine. Always have backup supplies, too.
Daily user of CPAP since 2009.
Use very low humidity or pass through.
Slightly heated hose. Hose cozy.
Masks: Alternate between N30i, Aloha, Tap Pap, & occasional BleepSleep.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:58 am

BG50 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:48 pm
I have been on my cpap (ResMed 10) for about 6 months now, and I can honestly say that I am so happy that I finally did this.

I have become so used to the machine that I probably wouldn't be able to sleep without it anymore. It's a new machine so I know it will work for a long time.

But it got me thinking, incase of an emergency I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep. Does anyone have a back up machine just incase something were to break down unexpectedly or something happened?

ABSOLUTELY!...... many. I purchased several of them new from CPAP.COM, several from private individuals / forum members and some through CPAPAUCTION.COM while it was up and running. All are of the same generation and are interchangeable as far as settings and performance. I'm also stocked up on all the other items I will possibly need for future therapy....masks, cushions, headgear, hoses, humidifier tanks, data cards, power cords.....everything.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

jas32

Post by jas32 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:11 am

BG50 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:46 pm

Is there a website that I can buy a used/refurbished resmed? I looked on ebay and didn't seem to find any
eBay is not allowed to sell CPAP machines being a medical device. Your best bet is Craigslist or FB marketplace. Just a warning, there are lots of scammers out there, best to do a local face to face deal. I also bought a unit from secondwindcpap awhile back and was a good transaction.

khauser

Post by khauser » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:31 am

BG50 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:48 pm
... Does anyone have a back up machine just incase something were to break down unexpectedly or something happened?
I did, until it was recalled. Guess I'll have to work on that.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:09 pm

I still have my PRS1 although it was recalled--I may get a replacement some day. It's in my "go bag" by the front door because we've already had to evacuate twice for Northern California Wildfires. If there is time to pack, my Resmed Autoset comes with me, but many people in my community have had 15 minutes or less to get out in the recent years, so that one will come out the front door with me. idea. Too many car break ins to feel safe leaving it in the trunk.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

BG50

Post by BG50 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:52 pm

I appreciate all the responses in here

I am in the for the long haul so I definitely need to buy a used one and definitely back ups of everything since I currently don't have any

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:48 pm

I got my Resmed machine (which I LOVE) in November and received my replacement Dream Station just a few days ago. Yay! I'm happy to have a backup now, even if it is a Philips machine.
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:33 pm

Before "philips-gate", respironics machines were considered a reasonable choice.
Even now better than nothing--and so many people have no alternative.