Tap Pap to AirFit to Bleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
surf_rower

Re: Tap Pap to AirFit to Bleep

Post by surf_rower » Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:49 am
surf_rower wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 am
My Bleep hose is 10 inches not including the plastic attacher.
That's the original shorter hose and it is not as flexible as the new heat sync hose which is not quite 18 inches.
If you can get the new hose I think you will like it a lot better.
Talk to Stuart first. If he can't get you the hose let me know because it is available ...I think...as a stand alone purchase.
Thanks Pugsy, really appreciate that. We also had a terrible time (yes I enlisted the resident helper) getting this short hose out of the rubber end of my long hose. It took literally 15 minutes and we risked damaging both. The TapPap (R.I.P. waaaah) has a nice easy adapter, wish this did too.
ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet
Mask: ResMed N30i with cushion

surf_rower

Post by surf_rower » Wed May 05, 2021 1:02 pm

New2me123 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:15 pm
Yeah you gotta take care of those pearly whites! My teeth are straight but I lost my retainers and don’t know if I trust the tap paps mouthpiece since my teeth have shifted just not out.

If we could just stick it on our noses we wouldn’t have to worry about teeth issues at all. I think it’d be a pretty serious idea to have a bleeping system without the snapping things people have trouble with and goes over the head not pull on the nose... that all could really work for some people including me and possibly you and many others I think
Yes struggling with the snaps was pulling the adhesive all over the place, which may have created the pimple. I look forward to becoming more expert. Happy that you guys are helping solve a few issues already.

khauser

Post by khauser » Wed May 05, 2021 2:25 pm

surf_rower wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 am
1. Takes forever to seat the clips into the ports. No doubt I'd get better at it. But I don't hear the "audible click."
This will get easier with time. If they are not clicking you are probably trying to seat them at an angle. It's really hard to straighten them after they've been inserted, so if I don't hear the clicks I pull it out and try again. For me that is now quite rare.
2. Red pimple on nose, from alcohol and/or adhesive. This alone makes me fear the second night.
Why are you using alcohol? Do you have adhesion issues?
Pugsy helped me by pointing out that some soaps/cleansers have oils in them (many more than you might otherwise think!). These will create adhesion problems depending on your skin condition.
If the Bleep cleanser is not sufficient for you, then I'll recommend a purpose-made skin prep (https://amzn.to/3uo2AD2). (Also, when I say I'll recommend, I really mean Stuart recommends).
3. Cold air blowing all over the place. (Not from leaks.)
Not from leaks ... well, given what you said about lack of clicks, I think it might partially be from leaks. But do look in to the diffuser that Pugsy mentioned.
4. Every time I moved at all, it pulled on my nose. Seems like that would irritate the skin further, and wake some people up.
I recommend a hose management solution. Stuart suggested (and I use): I'm not sure of the need for both, but that is what I do, and what Stuart recommended to me.
5. Rigid Tap Pap tube goes upward and out of the way, Bleep going downward means tubing is all over the bed and sheets. I did get up and change my main tubing back to overhead, but the Bleep short tube doesn't really want to go that direction.
With hose support, you can get it so that the hose doesn't touch you at all, and yet does not tug on your nose. It's blissful!
6. Bleep instructions say to make your room cool enough that you will not sweat. So, we have to install air conditioning this summer even though we hate it? Anyone successfully sweat with Bleep?
Sweat will interfere with adhesion (that's what the concern is). If you have that problem and the skin prep does not help, you can add additional tape to hold it down. For that Stuart recommended: https://amzn.to/3eWvZ0v.

Personally I don't mind an excuse to get AC! ;)

Another reply mentions contacting Stuart at Bleep. Do this! He was immensely helpful to a bunch of us.

surf_rower

Post by surf_rower » Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 pm

<< Why are you using alcohol? Do you have adhesion issues? >>

Hi, thanks for the helpful replies!
I used alcohol because there was no Bleep wipe included in the kit, we couldn't find Sea Breeze at the CVS, and the Bleep instructions say "alcohol prep." It worked very well for adhesion.

<< With hose support, you can get it so that the hose doesn't touch you at all, and yet does not tug on your nose. It's blissful!>>

Thank you! I'll get there. My current hose support (a scrunchy, taped to wall above bed) works fabulously for the Tap Pap, but this will require more.