Full Face Mask...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kona0197

Full Face Mask...

Post by kona0197 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:47 am

I was curious if anyone had a full face mask laying around gathering dust they would want to get rid of. I use nasal pillow masks but according to my roommate and my throat in the mornings I still snore a lot. I'm in between insurance carriers so no hope for one from my DME. Ideas? Thanks...
No Fate But what we Make...

Sleep Apnea Sucks...

Julie

Re: Full Face Mask...

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:46 am

Snoring is usually improved by raising the min. pressure setting - depending on what yours is - have you tried it?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:35 am

If you are not using Oscar, do get started.
You need to know if your settings are optimal.

kona0197

Post by kona0197 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:51 pm

I can't use OSCAR. My machine is not data capable. I've been on CPAP for years. The pressure is just fine, my sleep doc dialed it in a few months ago.

Sleep Apnea Sucks...

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:06 pm

kona0197 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:51 pm
I can't use OSCAR. My machine is not data capable. I've been on CPAP for years. The pressure is just fine, my sleep doc dialed it in a few months ago.
You have the Airsense 10 AUTOSET in your profile, and pressure set at 10-15.
If your machine "gives no data", you need to change Options>>essentials to "PLUS".
That machine does indeed have FULL DATA--
unless you are mistaken about your machine and settings.
Explain this, please.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm

Chunky...The change to plus is only for seeing the data on the Sleep Report. It has nothing to do with the data on the machine. You are right...the machine he is showing is fully data capable. Data can be transferred to Oscar by using an SD Card.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Thousands of doctors all over the world dial in pressure settings with a complete lack of understanding re how the equipment works and how to tell if more or less pressure is needed at a given time for a given patient. Your doctor is human, not godly and if you would not assume everything's so fine re your present set up, you might have a chance to improve things (by giving us info we need to be able to help).

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:12 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm
Chunky...The change to plus is only for seeing the data on the Sleep Report. It has nothing to do with the data on the machine. You are right...the machine he is showing is fully data capable. Data can be transferred to Oscar by using an SD Card.
If he changes the sleep report screen so he can SEE the data, he will KNOW he has been LIED to.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:34 pm

people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

kona0197

Post by kona0197 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 pm

My ResMed S10 was taken back by my DME after I lost my insurance awhile ago because my old insurance company refused to pay it off. I now have a ResMed S8 that is not data capable. The presure is set to start at 9 and ramp to 16.

Sleep Apnea Sucks...

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:56 pm

kona0197 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:21 pm
My ResMed S10 was taken back by my DME after I lost my insurance awhile ago because my old insurance company refused to pay it off. I now have a ResMed S8 that is not data capable. The presure is set to start at 9 and ramp to 16.

Do yo mean a range of 9-16, or do you mean that it starts at 9 and ramps to a straight pressure of 16 within a short time?

What size mask do you need? I think I have a medium mask, but I am currently on a road trip and won't be home for 2 weeks.

Also, keep an eye on craigslist. I have seen S9 autosets for $100-150.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

kona0197

Post by kona0197 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Do yo mean a range of 9-16, or do you mean that it starts at 9 and ramps to a straight pressure of 16 within a short time?

What size mask do you need? I think I have a medium mask, but I am currently on a road trip and won't be home for 2 weeks.
It starts at 9 then after 30 minutes goes right to 16 and it is a constant pressure machine. I think I may need a large, but maybe a medium would work. :)

Sleep Apnea Sucks...

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 pm

kona0197 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:09 pm

It starts at 9 then after 30 minutes goes right to 16 and it is a constant pressure machine. I think I may need a large, but maybe a medium would work. :)

Thanks. I would call it a straight 16. At first glance, I thought you had a range of 9-16 which is lower than what is in your signature. I would also change that as people will continue to think you have that machine and those settings. You might try the cervical collar that helps a lot of people.

If you haven't gotten anything by the time I get home, and I will look at what I have. I found the mask at a thrift store, still sealed, but a medium is too big for me. I think it may be an F20, but I am not sure.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:19 am

Folks...the donations box is pretty slim pickings. I have no complete full face mask packages of any kind at this time.
I have some bits and pieces of a full face mask like maybe a headgear or a frame without a cushion but nothing that is anywhere near complete.

The donations have really tanked now that cpap.com has free return insurance available on all masks. I just don't get much good stuff anymore that is complete.

Since I have been sick lately I haven't felt like sorting through the box to see what bits and pieces I do have ...plus I didn't want to be spreading my germs into the donations box.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CynthiaR

Post by CynthiaR » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:07 am

If you are basically comfortable with nasal pillows, you might try the Knightsbridge Dual Band chin strap to keep your mouth closed. (I see its listed above in the CPAP Product News as a new product.) Of the chin straps available, it's the one that actually works. The standard neoprene ones wrap around the tip of your chin and push your jaw into your jaw joint so they are uncomfortable and only a fraction of the applied force is the needed jaw-rotating force. The Dual Band lifts from below the jaw and has two bands, a non-elastic one to keep your jaw from lowering, and an elastic band for "gentle upwards force." The one downside of the Dual Band is that the cap part covers more of your head than the neoprene ones, but neoprene isn't breathable (no matter what their ads say), and the cap of the Dual Band is. Brings my mouth leaks to nearly zero. It should also reduce snoring if your snoring is generated by an open mouth.