ResMed S9 TOTAL RESET

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
torontoCPAPguy

ResMed S9 TOTAL RESET

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 am

Is there any way to do a TOTAL HARD RESET on my S9? The pressure is running on the low side and I believe it could be an electronics glitch. I returned to my old S8 Escape set to the same pressure and it nearly blew my eyeballs out.... on the S9 Autoset it is very low (pressure) and I have to suck to get enough air. Not right.

Am going to get a manometer to have some solid empirical data but the deficiency is so obvious.

Machine purchased just over two years ago online. Can it be taken to ANY ResMed dealer with receipt for repair?

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

archangle

Re: ResMed S9 TOTAL RESET

Post by archangle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 pm

torontoCPAPguy wrote:Is there any way to do a TOTAL HARD RESET on my S9? The pressure is running on the low side and I believe it could be an electronics glitch. I returned to my old S8 Escape set to the same pressure and it nearly blew my eyeballs out.... on the S9 Autoset it is very low (pressure) and I have to suck to get enough air. Not right.

Am going to get a manometer to have some solid empirical data but the deficiency is so obvious.

Machine purchased just over two years ago online. Can it be taken to ANY ResMed dealer with receipt for repair?
I'm probably stating the obvious, but check the pressure with the air filter removed and with no humidifier. Unplug the machine for several minutes.

You can make a really quick and dirty manometer by sticking the end of hose into a bucket of water and slowly raising the end until bubbles dome out. How far below the water in centimeters is the pressure in cmH2O. Be careful, it will tend to blow water everywhere, especially if you use something like a glass of water.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Willbormen

Post by Willbormen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Dear friends,

I believe I have a similar problem, I hope that instead of an (electronics glitch), is an event related to (body adapt to airflow). I use CPAP for 3 weeks only and I can't compare it to another.

At the beginning of the treatment, this set with a minimum limit of 10 cm, I feel that I am in the middle of a cyclone, my nostrils dilate and I feel the air entering strong in my lungs.

However, I always wake up after about an hour of use, and that feeling that I am in the middle of a cyclone no longer exists, just as if I was using 4 cm of pressure only.

Looking at the S9's display, it features that it is working at 11, sometimes 13 cm. I turn off and take the SD card to the computer and see that the pressure has never been less than 10 and no episodes of apnea.

Ramp and Easy Breathe features are off.

Please would like to know your opinion about this scenario.

Thank you!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Willbormen wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 pm
Please would like to know your opinion about this scenario.
You're psyching yourself out.

All that pressure you're freaking out about isn't anywhere near enough to even blow up a little balloon.

Over time, your body starts to become acclimated to current conditions, whether it's light, dark, cold, smell, taste, sounds... or minuscule fractions of one PSI of pressure.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.