One CRAZY hour... 49 events

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleeptimeinNY

One CRAZY hour... 49 events

Post by sleeptimeinNY » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:35 am

The other morning when I got up, I checked the machine as I always do to see how my events were. Can you imagine my surprise when I saw 7.9 (instead of the under 1 that I usually see). So I popped the card into the computer to look at it on Sleepyhead.
What I saw was during the one hour between 3:40 and 4:40 a.m. I had 49 events (all obstructive apneas) - basically one every minute!! The sleepyhead graph looked like everything exploded for that one hour!

That is, every other graph EXCEPT LEAKS!! That just cracked me up because usually my good old Quattro leaks like crazy, yet here was one hour where who knows what was going on and the leaks were under 5!!

So, I have no idea what happened... but I will only worry if that becomes a nightly thing. Last night was only 1 event. Last August I had something similar but only (?) 28 events!!

I just wanted to share my crazy findings!

Sleep well everyone!

Ruth

Denial Dave

Re: One CRAZY hour... 49 events

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 am

Pugsy will tell you that you were invaded by Aliens....

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

DavidCarolina

Post by DavidCarolina » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:45 am

Ive never had those extremes but I do keep a sort of sleep diary where i correlate all kinds of things that might have
brought on something like that. Here's what ive found--

sleeping too much, or in a scattered non circadian pattern, eating after dinner, acid reflux, falling oximetry, periodic breathing, ingesting MSG or aspartame (EVERY TIME), stress, insomnia, chemical combinations, sleeping pills, ALCOHOL, and of course
leaking

*****my new comfortgel mask doesnt leak, might give one a try.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:52 am

Last month I had a night with an AHI of almost 10, the highest I've seen for over a year. The whole night looked like a bomb went off.

I didn't know this until a week later because I wasn't checking my data daily that week. I felt fine the next day and I have no idea why my breathing was so bad.

Pugsy's explanation is as good as any.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke