Several nights with the Quattro FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lazer

Several nights with the Quattro FX

Post by lazer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Some leaks in the morning. Lots of FL compared to my prior nasal masks. Felt fairly comfortable and didn't have much trouble getting to sleep. Woke up in the morning several times to a lot of air blasting and some noticeable leakage at times. Obviously as per my session length and it being the weekend, I didn't want to get out of bed.

Edit: Oh, another thing I forgot to mention is I woke up with the worst cotton mouth I've ever had. Dry as hell.

Last edited by lazer on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image.....................................................ImagePress ESC if the animations BUG you!.....................................................Image

RippersVF2

Re: 1st night with the Quattro FX

Post by RippersVF2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah I have had the same problem with waking up with an extremely dry mouth the last few nights. Got to find a solution to that ASAP.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I have been using a chin strap to eliminate this problem.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

lazer

Post by lazer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Bobby269 wrote:I have been using a chin strap to eliminate this problem.
Urgh! And part of the reason I agreed with the DME to go FFM was to eliminate the need for a chinstrap

Chunkyfrog, you got me back. I'm terrified of snakes!

Xney

Post by Xney » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm

What do you mean by air blasting?

Your leaks don't look too bad. You may need to adjust your humidifier settings for a new mask, FYI

lazer

Post by lazer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Xney wrote:What do you mean by air blasting?

Your leaks don't look too bad. You may need to adjust your humidifier settings for a new mask, FYI
The pressure at nearly 14cm with this FFM and air seeping out at both the top and bottom.

I should probably try turning "System One" off and move it to about 4. I'm on "System One Humidity" with I think a setting of 3 last night.

lazer

Post by lazer » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:56 am

2nd Night:

I switched the Humidity control from System One to Classic and left it at 3. I do see I used aprox 25% more water out of the humidifier. Dry-Mouth not as bad. Still had a period of LL in the early morning and the pressure was lower at the time.

One thing I am noticing if 2 nights worth of using a FFM lends any results to rely on at this point is that my avg pressure is going up on average quite a bit higher than on nasal pillows or the Elan mask. This FFM seems to detect or imagine "snores" to a much higher degree thus skyrocketing the pressure.

lazer

Post by lazer » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 am

3rd Night:

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that my pressure seems to be increased with a FFM and what is it with the increased snores and Flow limits, ect...? I can't really sense that I'm sleeping bad as in waking up or anything out of the extreme, only occasionally briefly in the morning with some leaks around the top and bottom of the mask, otherwise my sleep seems ok in general although still only 3 days in a little early to gauge.

This mask seems to be detecting and responding to way more events.

Xney

Re: Several nights with the Quattro FX

Post by Xney » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:28 pm

In your case, I'd seriously consider maybe trying a straight pressure of 12 or 13

It doesn't seem like the auto is really helping much, there's events no matter the pressure - might as well pick something reasonable

HanzT

Post by HanzT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Maybe I should get that mask. I'll kill for that AHI...but its all relative.

lazer

Post by lazer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 am

Xney wrote:In your case, I'd seriously consider maybe trying a straight pressure of 12 or 13

It doesn't seem like the auto is really helping much, there's events no matter the pressure - might as well pick something reasonable
Yea, bottom line is I'm not apparently doing as well on the FFM numbers wise. And to the follow-up response by the user. I'm likely never going to present with your "wild" normal high AHIs due to my condition seems to fall more in line with UARS. My DME actually agrees. Haven't talked to doctor about it yet.

Last night:

I guess I can't catch too much hell if I piss with my pressures now that I'm on an actual "Rent to own" insurance claim issued machine and no longer on a loaner? Maybe I'll get scolded but who cares... It's all about my treatment and comfort.

Time to join the DarkSide...

....Now where did I hoard that clinicians menu for the PRS1 P550? Hrmmmm

PS: Edit, Oh forgot to mention, First night in months that I've woken up 3 hours early having to piss like a race horse.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 am

Try my pressures of 21 ipap & 15 epap and we will talk about controlling leaks

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

lazer

Post by lazer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:03 am

Denial Dave wrote:Try my pressures of 21 ipap & 15 epap and we will talk about controlling leaks

Seriously, What's with a FFM detecting more events and wanting a higher pressure as opposed to the "Nasal" masks and pillows I've tried? Is this indicative of the "open mouth" syndrome thus the FFM is able to detect that part more definitive or what. It kind of makes sense but yet it doesn't. Am I better sticking with "Nasal" and apparently events not getting scored and the pressures more consistent OR stick with FFM which is giving more events on the reports but wanting to top off at the high end of my pressures.

And before anyone asks. I can't tell yet if I feel any better or worse since switching to the FFM other than it's sorta a pain in the ass waking up to leakage mid morning.

lazer

Post by lazer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 am

So I made my first pressure change on my own. Was 8 - 20, Changed it to 9.5 - 16.5

I know one night does not make a trend.

Also, woke up again to a major stream of air excaping near the upper part of the mask.

Bright side, upon waking up early, I just came into work an hour early.