So very thankfull for my battery power supply for my CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
physicsbob

So very thankfull for my battery power supply for my CPAP

Post by physicsbob » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:51 pm

We had an Ice storm here in Michigan on Saturday/Sunday, when we lost power, we just got it back wednesday at 6:30 pm. My 125 Amp/hour deep cycle battery that is hooked to a float charger kept me with cpap through out the four powerless nights. The power company reports that there is 64,000 customers in our county alone that are without power. We have been running our generator during the day and hunkering down and sleeping with our dogs at night. Even on Christmas there are long lines at the gas stations with people filling gas cans for generators. With us loosing power four or five times a year I could not sleep without having a battery backup for my cpap.

JohnBFisher

Re: So very thankfull for my battery power supply for my CPAP

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:04 pm

While I am sorry that you lost power, and even more sorry that it occurs that frequently, I am pleased that you show what we can do with a little bit of thought and planning.

Here's hoping power is soon restored.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow! Thats a long time without mains. I'm guessing its weather related?

I'm lucky where I live that if we have a blackout they are usually only a couple of hours due to lightening strike or a magpie frying itself. I think the longest one we've ever had was 3 days when there were massive wind storms.

Good idea hunkering down with the dogs at night. The Aboriginals would often sleep with dingoes at night to keep warm, every now and again someone will say "looks like it'll be a two dog night tonight"

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:27 am

mgaggie wrote:Wow! Thats a long time without mains. I'm guessing its weather related?

I'm lucky where I live that if we have a blackout they are usually only a couple of hours due to lightening strike or a magpie frying itself. I think the longest one we've ever had was 3 days when there were massive wind storms.

Good idea hunkering down with the dogs at night. The Aboriginals would often sleep with dingoes at night to keep warm, every now and again someone will say "looks like it'll be a two dog night tonight"
Some of us have to sleep with our Dingbats, like Archie Bunker! Sorry I couldn't help it.... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

locust78

Post by locust78 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:04 am

Exactly what kind of set-up do you have with your battery?

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:00 am

For anyone interested, and needing a battery backup, I put together a battery backup design (to help make it safer). You can search for "Battery Backup Design V2" to find it.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

msla

Post by msla » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:41 am

mgaggie wrote:Wow! Thats a long time without mains. I'm guessing its weather related?

There is a store in Polson, MT called "Three Dog Down". I guess Montana is colder than Australia.

ResMed S9 Auto set/Heated humidifier/AirFit N30i
diagnosed and began CPAP treatment 2003.