Sim Card

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Abertolino

Sim Card

Post by Abertolino » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm

My machine won't accept my Sim Card. I used it in the sleepyhead software. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Pugsy

Re: Sim Card

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Is your computer a Mac by any chance?

What do you mean your machine won't accept the SD card? Are you getting some sort of message? If so, what message specifically?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Abertolino

Post by Abertolino » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Invalid SD card erase card date yes no. When I say no, it says remove card.

Abertolino

Post by Abertolino » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Compute not a mac.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Is your computer a Mac by any chance? Mac computers will sometimes add a small file to the SD card when the SD card is removed...unsure if it is when SD card is removed improperly or not. It is discussed in the SleepyHead user guide.

A few people have found out that a change to the SD card has happened by accident when Windows may have added a small file.

The problem is that the ResMed machine is real nit picky about the files on the SD card. One tiny change or something being there that shouldn't be there will cause the machine to reject the SD card.

If you have a new blank generic SD card you can use it and the machine won't have a problem.
You could manually erase the data off the SD card and then insert the card and the machine will write the data that is stored on the computer over onto the blank SD card.

I suspect that some little something has happened to the file structure on the SD card and the machine says "whoa, this isn't like it is supposed to be"....it won't take the SD card as it is...so either use another SD card or manually erase the SD card and use it.

Any data that your DME will want is stored on the machine and will be put back onto any blank SD card so you won't lose anything important. Some minor hi def detail data will be lost because it isn't stored on the computer but you have it in the software. You only have a couple of nights of data anyway.

You need to try to figure out what caused the SD card files to get messed up though. SleepyHead doesn't do it.
There is nothing in SleepyHead that will alter the SD card contents.
Improper removal of SD cards might mess up a file...accidentally adding or removing a file to the SD card will change what the machine expects to see and it will reject the card. It is real nit picky.

Sliding the write protect slider thing to "read only" will prevent any changes from being made to the card.
Though I use a ResMed machine and since Feb I haven't had any problems and I never bother to write protect the SD card.

Okay, I see not a Mac...other ideas are the same...something has caused the file structure to change.
If you are good at locating files you might see if you can sort through the SD card files and find one that was added or modified about the time you used the software...try removing it to see if that fixes things.
Otherwise...use a different SD card (generic works fine) or erase the card using your computer and start with a blank card. The machine stores enough data that no real harm is done and it will put the data that is stored on the machine back to a blank card.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:23 am

I just had a similar problem...I've been putting the card in read-only mode when I put it in my computer's card reader so I'm sure that it doesn't get written to by accident. But this last time when I put the card back into the S9 (after moving the read-only tab back to read/write) the S9 didn't like the card. It may have erased the card, I'm not sure, so I made sure that I saved the resscan data on my computer in case it erased the data on the card. That way I figured I'd at least have the data. The S9 is happy again, hoping that it didn't erase the card as a result of the fiddling that I had to do to get it to accept the card again.

Is it too much to hope for a machine that could be downloaded using my wireless network *smile*? It could still keep the data on a memory card for non-volatile external storage, but downloading the data would be much easier.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask

Abertolino

Post by Abertolino » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks I erased the card. Hopefully all is well now.

pats

Post by pats » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 am

RogerSC wrote:Is it too much to hope for a machine that could be downloaded using my wireless network *smile*? It could still keep the data on a memory card for non-volatile external storage, but downloading the data would be much easier.
Unfortunately, I think it is unlikely, because WiFi would not benefit the DMEs, who are the important customers from the manufacturers' point of view.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 am

You know it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make a copy of the SD card to a folder on your computer prior to using the software...that way if this happens again you can compare the SD card contents to the folder contents and see if you can spot the change that the machine doesn't like. Someone reported that their SD card contents were changed by one of their Windows programs adding a file to the SD card and they don't know how it got there.
If you do this you would have to do it with every time you are going to use the software so that you are always looking at same thing.