flexifit full face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
swtsassy

flexifit full face mask

Post by swtsassy » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi
Ok I gave in to my dk and got a full face mask today.
Not that I think I snore, but everyone else seems to think so.
I hope this helps.
Does anyone have or tried the Flexifit full face mask??
it is the hc 431 serious??
Let me know please
swtsassy

Newsgrouper

Post by Newsgrouper » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:47 pm

I have been using the HC431 with some success. It stays in place better than my other FF masks. I have been wearing a FF mask because after many months I could no longer tolerate taping my mouth because of mouth leaks.

damac100

Post by damac100 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:25 am

I have the FlexiFit 431.

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:29 am

You'll hear both good and bad things about it, just like any other mask. I can only speak from personal experience: I struggled with it for MONTHS. I could never get it to work for me. It always either leaked, or, if i tightened it just tightly enough that it didn't leak, it left welts on my face that never went away (even after 24 hours). It even made my chin bleed.

Every mask fits every person differently, unfortunately. If there's one thing I've learned from these boards, it's that you can NEVER tell what mask will work for you just from other people's opinions.

That being said, I REALLY hope it works for you, and that, if it doesn't, you find a mask that does SOON.

Take care, and good luck.

born to be mild

431 FF Mask

Post by born to be mild » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:42 am

I've been using the 431 for about a week now... mostly because I wanted to know that if I catch a cold or whatever, I'll have a good back-up system I can use and be comfortable with.

On a scale of 1-10, comparing to the Respironics ComfortFull rating a -4 (cuts and blisters across the bridge of my nose resulted in a negative rating) I'd put the 431 as a +6. My CPAP is set at 9, and occasionally I've had slight leakage up towards the eyes, but some adjustments are able to take care of it. This suggests to me that if your required pressure is much higher (say 12-15) then leaks may be more of a problem.

Once you get everything adjusted properly, there is a quick-release on the right side that allows you to take the mask off without having to readjust everything. The quick-release is a rather odd design that's someone tricky to release.

I haven't have the problems CollegeGirl had with welts. The under-chin design has worked well for me.

This one is a keeper for me, although it won't be my primary system.