Thankful for finding this site - now on S9 VPAP Adapt

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chuck Connors

Thankful for finding this site - now on S9 VPAP Adapt

Post by Chuck Connors » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks to the good people on this website and the helpful suggestions, I am now on my way to having quality sleep, hopefully for years to come. On my CPAP machine, the AHI has ranged from 5 to 12, of which most were centrals. My numbers for the first night of being on the S9 VPAP Adapt last night were:

AHI - 0.99
Hypopnea - .74
Apnea - .25
Obstructive - 0
Clear Airway - 0
Leak - 6

I stumbled upon this website initially while searching for information on atrial fibrillation. Had I not visited this site, I wouldn't have known how to download the software and read the data on the SD card from my CPAP machine. My sleep doctor, or shall I say, my former sleep doctor and his physician assistant, never once shared or discussed this information with me. I had no clue about the amount of data captured on the machine. My appointments with the doc and PA consisted mostly of asking how I was feeling. Compared to sleeping without a CPAP machine, I felt great. That was my only benchmark from which to judge how I felt. My new sleep doc really appreciates patients that take a vested interest in their health. It's his standard practice to download the information while you're in his office and openly discuss the results. It's true that we're our own best advocates. -Chuck-

Xney

Re: Thankful for finding this site - now on S9 VPAP Adapt

Post by Xney » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:08 am

That's great! what settings did you need for your vpap adapt?

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:42 am

I have a VPAP ASV and it works well for me. Feel free to ask anything.

I was going to ask where you are from but "Chuck Connors" gives me a clue.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Xney wrote:That's great! what settings did you need for your vpap adapt?

I was so excited to get on the machine, I didn't even look at all of the numbers and settings yet. Second night of sleep went really well too. I'll look at the settings tonight and update my profile too.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:28 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:I have a VPAP ASV and it works well for me. Feel free to ask anything.

I was going to ask where you are from but "Chuck Connors" gives me a clue.

-Chuck-
Seattle

Taringa542

Post by Taringa542 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi All
My 3rd night on S9 VPAP Adapt last night, & whilst Im finding it a bit difficult to go to sleep with it the results are fantastic
AHI - 0.00
Hypopnea - 0.00
Apnea - 0.00
Obstructive - 0.00
Clear Airway - 0.00
Leak - 2.4 max

Settings: EPAP 13.00...PS min: 5 PS max: 10

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Taringa542 wrote:Hi All
My 3rd night on S9 VPAP Adapt last night, & whilst Im finding it a bit difficult to go to sleep with it the results are fantastic
AHI - 0.00
Hypopnea - 0.00
Apnea - 0.00
Obstructive - 0.00
Clear Airway - 0.00
Leak - 2.4 max

Settings: EPAP 13.00...PS min: 5 PS max: 10
Taringa542 - I think you can probably get that 2.4 leak down to maybe 2.2 or even better. Seriously though, the machine is clearly doing the job it's meant to do. What's a good night's sleep worth? Plenty.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:16 am

Xney wrote:That's great! what settings did you need for your vpap adapt?
___________________________________________________________________________________

It's getting late here and need to hit the sack, so I'll have to figure out what the following acronyms and numbers mean sometime tomorrow.

EPAP - 5.00
IPAPLo - 8.00
IPAPHi - 15.00
PS Min - 3.00
PS Max - 10.00

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

It's great that you find this site helpful and that you find ASV therapy to be so helpful. Not everyone takes to it as easily as you seem to be doing. We're extremely happy to see that it makes a difference for you. Most of us feel the same way. Some struggled initially to make it work. For others it was pretty natural.

Please feel free to ask questions. ASV therapy can push things to the edge. But ask here and you'll probably find someone else who struggled with similar issues and found a work around that helps them. Those workarounds can often help you shorten the time to solution of a problem by learning what others have done in similar circumstances.

And as always .. may you have many, happy dreams!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

purple

Post by purple » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Glossary of terms, from Pugsy's signature lines on all her posts.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... r_Glossary

SH is for Sleepy Head software which is a piece of software to interpret data from machines that is written by one of our local forum members.

Afib can make life less fun. I apologize if I tell you something you already know. Some nutritional experts believe some heart problems of really good athletes, such as basketball players, are related to a lack of some minerals. I would not buy anything from them, but a resource for information is the data base of the Life Extension Foundation. http://www.lef.org/
and then take what they suggest with a large grain of salt.