Praises for Pad a Cheek

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ems

Re: Praises for Pad a Cheek

Post by ems » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:38 pm

dlanbro wrote:I'm assuming that I can google pad a cheek or look up padacheek.com. That hasn't been made clear and I need to see if I cn find something to help with mask leaks since I have a goatee. My wife and I don't want to get rid of the goatee and I keep it trimmed. Thanks for the recommendations.

http://www.padacheek.com
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

dlanbro

Post by dlanbro » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks. I sent Karen an e-mail describing my circumstances and asked for her opinion. I'd like to get the opinion here as to what might be the most helpful. I'm currently on an S9 Auto BiPAP, Quattro medium sized mask. I have a neatly trimmed goatee. I was given some disposable mask liners from my DME that really took care of upper cheek leaks but I'm still getting bad mask fit reports so I'm assuming that it has to do with my goatee. I looked at Karen's site and thought that either a liner or a strap might help. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 am

Hello all,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is truly our pleasure to help people sleep better. We will continue to strive to do whatever we can to make it easier and more comfortable for you to get the therapy you need to sleep well and wake rested.

Warm hugs to all.

Karen

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 am

?? I looked at the image for the pad-a-cheek liners advertised for the Mirage Liberty on the web-site but the mask doesn't look like the Mirage Liberty to me. As a matter of fact, it looks like the HYB500 Hybrid. I've just been researching the HYB500 Hybrid and went to the web-site and saw the video and the mask in the ad looks like the Hybrid. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference either way.

charliemack

Post by charliemack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 am

I guess someone should add that it didn't work for them. Had worst leak results ever.

This is not to say the liner doesn't work it just didn't work for me. Where i like Remzzz you folks like Pad-a-Cheek.

I add this comment just so that someone looking at this forum topic knows that there is a different point of view

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 am

I've been using the mask liners on my Quattro for almost 8 months now. I recently added the headgear padding with some self made modifications. It has made my CPAP life succesfull & comfortable.

Karen is simply Awesome!!

I tried a 30 day free sample of Rem-zzz's and they were okay.

7 months ago, I paid $36 for 2 pad-a-cheek mask liners and they are still in use today with no sign of needing replacement.

Remzz's are not re-usable & not covered by insurance. The last time I checked, a 30 day supply of rem-zzz's for my FFM is $29.95.

if I had used remzzz's over the past 7 months, I would have spent in excess of $200.

it's a no-brainer for me...

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

imfletch

Post by imfletch » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:10 am

How reputable is Karen?
I ordered a liner from her and noted I had previously ordered through 1-800-cpap and never received it.
That wasn't her company or, for that matter, her problem, but she called me personally to talk about it!
She filled the order and I had it in my mailbox in about three days.
Jim Fletcher

Reach me at: imfletch@mediacombb.net

Black Shampoo

Post by Black Shampoo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

All right, y'all sold me. I just made an order for liners and the anti-leak strap.

the_nap_ster

Post by the_nap_ster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm

MagsterMile wrote:?? I looked at the image for the pad-a-cheek liners advertised for the Mirage Liberty on the web-site but the mask doesn't look like the Mirage Liberty to me. As a matter of fact, it looks like the HYB500 Hybrid. I've just been researching the HYB500 Hybrid and went to the web-site and saw the video and the mask in the ad looks like the Hybrid. Perhaps it doesn't make a difference either way.
Hi MagsterMile,

The same Padacheek liners work for both the Hybrid and the Liberty. I use them on my Liberty every night, and they fit perfectly.

Woody

Post by Woody » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Which seems to help most the liners or the strap ?

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Suebabes

Post by Suebabes » Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 am

I was having horrible leak problems so I ordered the Pad a Cheek liners. At the time they came in one size only. I use a small Quatro FX so the liners were too large. I contacted Karen and she had me send them back. She made new ones in size small and they are perfect! I use them with an additional liner shaped like the Remzzzs but I make them out of the shoe polishing clothes that you get at hotels. Now I rarely have leaks. Karen really cares about her customers and goes above and beyond!

Woody

Post by Woody » Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok i am going to try the liner thanks for the advice.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

Jerry69

Post by Jerry69 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 am

I tried Pad A Cheek mask liner for the first time last night and for the first time in my recollection, I was not awakened by a leak. I use a Quattro FX, size Large (comes with Medium headgear).

I was skeptical. And, the nose hole in the Pad-a-Cheek fabric seemed small, and the fabric covered my mouth. I wondered if I should try enlarging the hole before using the liner. But, I didn't.

I have to guard against being too optimistic based on one trial, but it worked great! I'm sorry that I have to supplement the mask with a liner, but the Pad A Cheek seems a good product, as it is washable and reusable. I enlarged the nose hole upwards this morning by about a half inch, but the fabric still covers my mouth. If I were to enlarge the hole to uncover my mouth, I'm afraid I'd have to cut too much away and the seal would be lost? Anyone try this?

Ave. AHI after therapy = 0.5
Ave. Snore Index = <10
Current pressure = 9 cm

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 am

The guidance I got from Karen was that it is okay to trim material in the liners to open the area for your nose and mouth...

But you need to be very cautious and only trim a little a at time. then try it out for a few nights and see how it is before trimming more

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Black Shampoo

Post by Black Shampoo » Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

My package came in today, and I'm washing/drying my rig so I can install the pad-a-cheek stuff. I've been sleeping like crap lately, so I hope this helps!