Zeo rental?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SnorkelPuss

Zeo rental?

Post by SnorkelPuss » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 am

Does anyone know if you can rent a zeo for a month or so?
I would like to know if I am getting enough restorative sleep and/or if I am waking up a lot more than I am aware.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Zeo rental?

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 am

I see the site has some used units; at least it did when I bought my 1/2-off headbands.
The really important part is registering and filling out the journal;
as it loosely parallels the behavioral training setup that they charge big bucks for in person.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 am

You can rent mine if the price is right!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

Using the Zeo website for the data graphs is tied to the serial number of the machine.
I found this out when someone loaned me their Zeo to try. So the Zeo account for data graphs is tied to original purchaser's private email account and Zeo account password.

So if someone loans or rents their Zeo to another person then the private email addy along with Zeo account password must be shared. Not all that big of a deal but just wanted to mention it.

In my case I couldn't find anyway around it but the person that loaned me their Zeo didn't mind me having their private email address and their Zeo account password. I used it for 4 nights and got data from 3 of those nights. It came loose one night. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know so I scratched that curiosity itch and have no desire to purchase a Zeo now.

I don't know of any public retailer that offers rentals of the Zeo but admittedly haven't really looked into it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 am

When I bought a used Zeo from a forum member,
I emailed Zeo, who issued a replacement serial number to use for DH's brand new account.
I bet they might do that for providers who might consider renting one out for temporary use.
You can ask Zeo if they will do that on a temporary basis for an individual--the worse they could do is say no.
They have been very helpful for me.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:27 am

chunkyfrog wrote:When I bought a used Zeo from a forum member,
I emailed Zeo, who issued a replacement serial number to use for DH's brand new account.
I bet they might do that for providers who might consider renting one out for temporary use.
You can ask Zeo if they will do that on a temporay basis for an individual--the worse they could do is say no.
They have been very helpful for me.
That's good to know it was easy to get a new account. I didn't even think of doing that since I knew the Zeo was going back to its owner and its owner didn't mind my having private email addy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SnorkelPuss

Post by SnorkelPuss » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks. I'm just don't want to spend the $$ to buy one. Has anyone used the one for smart phones?
Is it cheaper? Does it work as well?

joeyjernigan

Post by joeyjernigan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 am

Thanks. I'm just don't want to spend the $$ to buy one. Has anyone used the one for smart phones?<br />Is it cheaper? Does it work as well?
I got a discounted unit (one that a customer had opened and returned) from Best Buy for $69.00 ($99.00 regular price) . It is one of the mobile units. Works great on the smartphone. You just download the free app. Units uploads to website every morning. Works great no problems. The mobile units are a lot cheaper than the bedside ones.

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 am

http://www.myzeo.com/sleep/money-back-guarantee A 30 day free trial - not (technically) a rental but almost as good.

bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

n0hardmask

Post by n0hardmask » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 am

I'll apologize in advance for hijacking the discussion. Has anyone had notably Good or Bad Customer Service from Zeo?
I ask because I sent my unit in for warranty a month ago, and an unable to get them by phone, email, and even couldn't connect on 'chat'. So, I'm quickly becoming negative about the unresponsiveness of these folks.
Perhaps if you contact them about some of the items mentioned above, you will get a sense of their availability or not for customer "Care". Good Luck,

Don't know what I did to hide the Equipment?! new SleepWeaver Anew-NOT hard!, Quattro ffm, S9 VPAP ADAPT. Sobakawa bead pillow
Sleepyhead, Rescan4; ZEO Bedside -not used
Serenity
Newbies:Log in; then please input your equipment 2 your profile.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:46 pm

So far, nothing but good for me.
If you contact BBB where their company is, and file a complaint, they should build a fire under someone.

lazer

Post by lazer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

n0hardmask wrote:I'll apologize in advance for hijacking the discussion. Has anyone had notably Good or Bad Customer Service from Zeo?
I ask because I sent my unit in for warranty a month ago, and an unable to get them by phone, email, and even couldn't connect on 'chat'. So, I'm quickly becoming negative about the unresponsiveness of these folks.
Perhaps if you contact them about some of the items mentioned above, you will get a sense of their availability or not for customer "Care". Good Luck,
If you have "Facebook" and -Like- their page, that is how I found out about the recent and current deal on replacement pads and when I initially tried to order, the full retail price was still showing so I was able to quickly contact them via facebook using the (comments) button. I believe a gentleman that answered in that series of discussion via FB even provided an email. I will go check to see if I can find it. He/They fixed the problem quickly to reflect the appropriate "Sale" pricing.

lazer

Post by lazer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm

lazer wrote:
n0hardmask wrote:I'll apologize in advance for hijacking the discussion. Has anyone had notably Good or Bad Customer Service from Zeo?
If you have "Facebook" and -Like- their page, that is how I found out about the recent and current deal on replacement pads and when I initially tried to order, the full retail price was still showing so I was able to quickly contact them via facebook using the (comments) button. I believe a gentleman that answered in that series of discussion via FB even provided an email. I will go check to see if I can find it. He/They fixed the problem quickly to reflect the appropriate "Sale" pricing.
Here is the contact info posted from facebook: "If you have any additional concerns, please contact me directly at whit@myzeo.com"