F&P Icon Auto camping woes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DagoRed

F&P Icon Auto camping woes

Post by DagoRed » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:46 am

Ok so I crew on a race plane at the Reno Championship Air Races and I use CPAP. Being poor I camp out on the lawn of a small church, and would never camp anywhere else. I found that just when plugged in and with everything turned off or turned down that this pig of a machine idles at 50 watts. When I turned on the humidity and heated hose it jumped to 245 watts. When I turned the machine on, and just ran the pump it cruised at 135watts. The climate around Reno Nevada is dry dry dry. Having the chilly DRY air blasted into my nose wasnt acceptable. Next year I will bring one of my 12g 100' Cords so I can plug it in. The church has no problem helping me, We just didnt have a long cord and neither did they. If the tent was closer to the building it would have been in the full sun during the day and close to their security lights at night and I wasnt willing to endure that.
I was really disappointed about the power draw as I was soooooooo looking forward to the warm moist air all nite.

The good news is that our airplane won second in the Formula 1 Silver class!! Our best result ever!!

GO KNOTTY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!