RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners; grumpy face on CPAP machine.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chuck Connors

RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners; grumpy face on CPAP machine.

Post by Chuck Connors » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:54 am

I started using the RemZzzs CPAP mask liners two nights ago. When I checked the readings on my machine in the morning, it has displayed the grumpy face symbol the past two mornings, indicating an improper mask fit. I haven't had any leaks that have awakened me the past two nights and have felt generally well rested the past two days. I intend to check the Sleepyhead graphs tonight to verify the leak level. Could the machine possibly be indicating an improper fit simply because of the liners? Thank you for any information.

Chuck

Pugsy

Re: RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners; grumpy face on CPAP machine.

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:12 am

Some people report that leaks are worse with mask liners but that at least the leaks aren't so loud that they keep waking a person up.

Mr Grumpy means that for at least 30% or more of the night your leaks were above the 24 L/min mark. He doesn't show up until the 30% mark is hit.
Now maybe if the worse you hit was 27 or 28 L/min then it might not be that big of a deal but if you spent much of the night over 30 L/min the therapy could potentially be compromised and the data reported be inaccurate.

It's not like things go totally in the toilet if you just barely cross the 24 L/min line...the further you go the worse it gets. So how bad things really were has to be evaluated by looking at the leak line itself.
Generally if Mr Grumpy shows up things are usually pretty bad though. I have had some pretty ugly leak lines and yet still not earn a Mr Frowny.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm

The machine doesn't know you are using liners....It just knows there is a leak.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:10 pm

I found the Remzzz liners to be thin, loosely woven and very prone to curling and getting stretched out of shape (size). Expensive, too. I bought some thick/densely woven micro-fiber cloths and cut mask liners from them. They're working 1000% better than Remzzz, super soft and only a tiny fraction of the price of the Remzzz.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. Very helpful.

Chuck

glotto

Post by glotto » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:07 am

To Gasper62:

Can you please gove me more specifics about the thick/densely woven micro-fiber cloths?
Who sold them to you?
Do you have contact information (phone or email)?