CPAP Device Survey

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: CPAP Device Survey

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:07 pm

business school.
'nuff said.

UniversityStudent

Post by UniversityStudent » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:24 pm

We appreciate everyone's responses to the survey.

royijams@yahoo.com

Post by royijams@yahoo.com » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Feb I was told I have OSD. 6/8/12 I was team driving with my wife to CA. We had just switched out. I was in the bunk had mask on. Next thing I knew I was on shoulder on of HWY. My grand daughter was in passenger seat. She and my wife were yelling at me. My grand daughter pulled the hose lose from mask to try to keep me from sleep walking out of truck. Wife was going 60 and thought I was just making sure door was shut. Got frac pelvic 3 frac ribs crushed rt wrsit concussion and road rash. After I got healed enough to drive on 10/1/12 I slept all night with cpap didn't feel well that morning when I got up. Laid down to clear my head. Next thing I knew EMT's were try'n to draw blood from me. I'd had a seizure which lasted 40min's. Now I can't drive. Never had a seizure before and never sleepwalked before being put on cpap. You can find side effects of cpap on net. Which would be better than this site. Livestrong site lists some effects. I'm not using cpap now as I can't work. And was only using it because company I worked for required it.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 am

BTW, I didn't mean to sound harsh about the survey, but with so many mistakes on it, I didn't feel I could give accurate answers.

Just because you had a seizure and were on CPAP, doesn't mean the two were related at all. That's called a correlation, not causation. (Did I just feed a troll?)
Sleep well and live better!

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 am

CPAP does NOT cause seizures.
Troll only wants documentation for the lawsuit.
(Ain't gonna happen!)

Heavylids

Post by Heavylids » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:11 pm

royijams@yahoo.com wrote:Feb I was told I have OSD. 6/8/12 I was team driving with my wife to CA. We had just switched out. I was in the bunk had mask on. Next thing I knew I was on shoulder on of HWY. My grand daughter was in passenger seat. She and my wife were yelling at me. My grand daughter pulled the hose lose from mask to try to keep me from sleep walking out of truck. Wife was going 60 and thought I was just making sure door was shut. Got frac pelvic 3 frac ribs crushed rt wrsit concussion and road rash. After I got healed enough to drive on 10/1/12 I slept all night with cpap didn't feel well that morning when I got up. Laid down to clear my head. Next thing I knew EMT's were try'n to draw blood from me. I'd had a seizure which lasted 40min's. Now I can't drive. Never had a seizure before and never sleepwalked before being put on cpap. You can find side effects of cpap on net. Which would be better than this site. Livestrong site lists some effects. I'm not using cpap now as I can't work. And was only using it because company I worked for required it.

So exactly how does CPAP cause you to sleep walk and have a seizure? Goof. You sound like another lawsuit lizard to me and by the way... you hijacked someone elses post.

Next time tell them NOT to pull the hose loose from the mask and maybe you won't fall out of the truck. Just a thought.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm

(I decided not to say what I was thinking)

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

"You can find side effects of cpap on net. Which would be better than this site. Livestrong site lists some effects."

Okay, I'll admit it. I bit. I went and looked, even at the LIvestrong site. Don't see what you saw at all.

Heavylids wrote:
royijams@yahoo.com wrote:Feb I was told I have OSD. 6/8/12 I was team driving with my wife to CA. We had just switched out. I was in the bunk had mask on. Next thing I knew I was on shoulder on of HWY. My grand daughter was in passenger seat. She and my wife were yelling at me. My grand daughter pulled the hose lose from mask to try to keep me from sleep walking out of truck. Wife was going 60 and thought I was just making sure door was shut. Got frac pelvic 3 frac ribs crushed rt wrsit concussion and road rash. After I got healed enough to drive on 10/1/12 I slept all night with cpap didn't feel well that morning when I got up. Laid down to clear my head. Next thing I knew EMT's were try'n to draw blood from me. I'd had a seizure which lasted 40min's. Now I can't drive. Never had a seizure before and never sleepwalked before being put on cpap. You can find side effects of cpap on net. Which would be better than this site. Livestrong site lists some effects. I'm not using cpap now as I can't work. And was only using it because company I worked for required it.

So exactly how does CPAP cause you to sleep walk and have a seizure? Goof. You sound like another lawsuit lizard to me and by the way... you hijacked someone elses post.

Next time tell them NOT to pull the hose loose from the mask and maybe you won't fall out of the truck. Just a thought.

pats

Post by pats » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm

I will not be doing the survey because it would not let me view all the questions without answering the first page questions.

I don't like to start on a survey unless I'm reasonably sure I'm going to be able and willing to complete it, and I can't know that without looking over the whole set of questions. Also, not allowing blank answers means that if there is any question for which none of the offered answers is correct, or that I am not willing to answer, I'm going to have to abandon the survey anyway.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:22 pm

UniversityStudent wrote:I do not understand all the negativity, what is the harm?
You are getting a sampling of a forum made up of sleep-deprived cranks.

I normally don't do surveys but since they gave you such a crappy time I will go to the link and do it now.

I hope you get an 'A'.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm

OK, I took the survey and now I am cranky!

The survey on the Presidential election does not have options for Gary Johnson and Libertarian Party.

SurveyMonkey can go to hell!
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

UniversityStudent

Post by UniversityStudent » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Thank you ChicagoGranny. There shouldnt be anythnig regarding the presidential election in the survey. Was this another survey it directed you to?