Question on S9 VPAP settings.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chuck Connors

Question on S9 VPAP settings.

Post by Chuck Connors » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:00 pm

I was given a CPAP prescription that calls for the following on my S9 VPAP machine:
Fixed setting, not variable. EEP: 5; PSV Min. +5; PSV Max: +10

The current settings on the machine are: Mode: ASV; Min EPAP - 7.0; Max EPAP - 10.0; Min PS - 5.0; Max PS - 10.0; Max Ramp - 5 min; Start EPAP 4.0

I'm unfamiliar with how the prescription translates to the settings on the machine. The technician would have handled this today, although I didn't have my machine with me. Please advise. Thanks. -Chuck-

palerider

Re: Question on S9 VPAP settings.

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Chuck Connors wrote:I was given a CPAP prescription that calls for the following on my S9 VPAP machine:
Fixed setting, not variable. EEP: 5; PSV Min. +5; PSV Max: +10

The current settings on the machine are: Mode: ASV; Min EPAP - 7.0; Max EPAP - 10.0; Min PS - 5.0; Max PS - 10.0; Max Ramp - 5 min; Start EPAP 4.0

I'm unfamiliar with how the prescription translates to the settings on the machine. The technician would have handled this today, although I didn't have my machine with me. Please advise. Thanks. -Chuck-
well, the first question is "which of the 9 or so different S9 VPAP somethings do you have?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.