Clinical menu F & P Icon need information

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rosacer

Clinical menu F & P Icon need information

Post by rosacer » Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi

I would appreciate if somebody could tell me how to have access to the clinical menu for the Fisher & Paykel Icon auto and if there is a clinical manual how to get it.

My friend has an Icon, I'm trying to convince him to install Sleepyhead and to take control of his treatment. He was diagnosed with an AHI over 125. For now he has been followed by a DME which sold him the Icon but I want him to be free from the DME.

I think Sleepyhead is able to give the data information but not the graphs, is it accurate? Are these information enough to make the decisions necessaries to a proper set up of the machine?

As you see I have a System One so I don't know anything about the Icon but I would like to learn the secret details of this machine

Thanks very much

Rosie

Last edited by rosacer on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kong

Re: Clinical menu F & P Icon need information

Post by kong » Fri May 04, 2012 2:15 pm

If you click on the following link, you'll find instructions on how to get the manual emailed to you: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual. The same site will give you instructions on how to get the healthcare provider manual for most machines.

Is Sleepyhead now available for the Icon Auto? I believe they were planning on making it available.

KrisasMan

Post by KrisasMan » Sat May 05, 2012 8:25 am

I am using SleepyHead daily for my Icon Auto and have played with the clinical menu. Let me know if you need any help. Note I am using 0.9.2-2 which is currently only available for Mac OS X. The thing I like best is that I can pull last night's data first thing in the morning. If you go by the machine you can't see last night's numbers until after 12 noon.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Sat May 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Thank you very much Kong, Sol and KrisasMan. Now I have all the information I was seeking for.

A friend of mine is very ill with his heart giving up because of sleep apnea not treated for LONG years. Now he has accepted to go see the pneumologist and to try a CPAP, he wants one which allows him to travel easily so maybe he will buy an ICON too when time will arrives.

KrisasMan, if you could go back in the past would you buy again an ICON?